Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: forsale section

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default forsale section

hey guys i just have one concern, about alll these people who just register for one sole purpose TO sell their stuff then leave. :-(

im not saying all new comers do that, but that how i got sacmmed before on other boards

im just concerned for all unsuspecting members w/ stars

-mike
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I have passed up on deals from low post-count people that I really wanted, not worth the risk.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:39 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I like how some sites have a set post count number BEFORE you can post up in the 4 sale sections,BUT in light of recient events post count means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING............Just my $.02
Old 11-29-2006, 04:09 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Ya I brought that up a few weeks back.
50 post + Before Selling
Old 11-29-2006, 08:07 AM   #5
RCC Addict

scale 4x4 you need 50 before you can post in the 4sale section, but atleast it lessens the chance of a scammer to register

they would just move on to other forums that dont require certain post counts.

i agree with all of you, i know that this hobby is blowin' up and more people are joining this forum, just wanted to protect those who are truely dedicated to the hobby from the "others" lol
Old 11-29-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek6mt
scale 4x4 you need 50 before you can post in the 4sale section, but atleast it lessens the chance of a scammer to register

they would just move on to other forums that dont require certain post counts.

i agree with all of you, i know that this hobby is blowin' up and more people are joining this forum, just wanted to protect those who are truely dedicated to the hobby from the "others" lol
I would ALMOST agree with you but the person I was dealing with had 649 posted on scale and 72 on here...............and still got the run around!!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #7
RCC Addict

yeh saw ur thread, but you know what i mean
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I had the same thoughts about the whole post count and such and yes i know where you are comming from................It just sux that the stuff I was supposed to get is ALL that is holding up the build on my scale truck
Old 11-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #9
RCC Addict

your lift is coming along tho!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:06 AM   #10
RCC Addict

That's Sweet

Post count doesn't mean anything you can get 50 posts like the above rather quickly. You're never going to stop scammers you just have to pick and choose who you deal with. Check ebay feedback, other forums, ask if they've had dealings with others you can contact. Most of all if the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. You can usually tell by the way they communicate with you and others if you can trust them. All things considered and seeing what others have gone through I'd never make a trade online. If I want it I'll buy it. If you want it buy it. Most deals gone bad seem to be trades.

Enough from me on this, just one persons opinion.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv
That's Sweet

Post count doesn't mean anything you can get 50 posts like the above rather quickly. You're never going to stop scammers you just have to pick and choose who you deal with. Check ebay feedback, other forums, ask if they've had dealings with others you can contact. Most of all if the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. You can usually tell by the way they communicate with you and others if you can trust them. All things considered and seeing what others have gone through I'd never make a trade online. If I want it I'll buy it. If you want it buy it. Most deals gone bad seem to be trades.

Enough from me on this, just one persons opinion.
true!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Before I deal with anyone on any forum, I get atleast 5-7 vouches from different members. For example, post in the feedback forum if you can get vouches from this certain member. If no one or low numbers of vouches are posted then I won't deal with that person. But these days who really knows. I only deal with people with Paypal, but they take soooo long to resolve issues.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek6mt
your lift is coming along tho!

it has been how you see it for nearly 2 weeks...........................I'm sooooooooooo tired of waiting!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Im on the www.grandamgt.com site frequently, they have a feed back system on the site, there is a link under the users avatar with a number indicating the number uf feedbacks, then you can click it to see what people have said. It works almost like the EBAY feeback system. Check it out if interested.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #15
RCC Addict

RCGroups has that same system. You put a link to the for sale thread and give a description like ebay.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:19 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv
RCGroups has that same system. You put a link to the for sale thread and give a description like ebay.
The selling section works alot like any normal forum, except you can post reply's, its just the feedback system thats set up like ebay. Its a pretty sweet setup, and would work really well for the vendors at the least since they have the most feedback.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage
The selling section works alot like any normal forum, except you can post reply's, its just the feedback system thats set up like ebay. Its a pretty sweet setup, and would work really well for the vendors at the least since they have the most feedback.
yeh my g35 and 350z forum has that!!

we should make a poll for it for the mods to consider it!!!

im all for it!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Like somebody above said..nothing will ever stop scammers. I wish everyone was honest but thats not the case. It sucks wanting something, making a deal, paying/trading the person, and being worried if they are gonna scam you(maybe im just VERY parinoid )

The feedback is one reason I try and get memebers to post up feedback when they deal with me. That way others know what to expect.

BTW: Im new but have 73 feedback on ebay (100%), 16 selling/trading on RC Car action(all good) and I think 1 on scale 4x4. Oh and i should have 5 or so on here once I ship some stuff to people tomorrow
Old 12-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #19
RCC Addict

heres what im taking about guys

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52708

his 1st post!!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #20
Release your anger..

i agree with you, i've seen people sign up just to sell their stuff. too be honest i do not buy stuff advertised anywhere except websites because of they're some people out to scam us.
also ,i read that feedback about Codeman55
guess what :http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52632
and http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52688

Last edited by ThinkTank; 12-12-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Closed Thread