Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Is RCCrawler Forum secure?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Is RCCrawler Forum secure?

Here in the last few weeks when I visit RCCrawler I get the notification from Google Chrome that my connection to this site is not secure. I have the same issue with other forums as well,so it isn't just this forum and with that being said I'm not saying that it is secure,or isn't because who knows for sure. I have really came to enjoy and have learned a whole lot from RCCrawler and I don't plan to give up and quit visiting here just because Google Chrome says it isn't a secure connection to this site. But out of curiosity,has anyone else had the same issue with Google Chrome while visiting this site. And if so what have you done to get it corrected. I would like to know because you can't be too careful these days with all the computer hackers out there that can obtain your personal information. If this isn't allowed to be discussed forgive me Admins and please don't take it the wrong way,because I'm not trying to put any blame on this forum because of what's going on with my browser.
WranglerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Is RCCrawler Forum secure?

There was a huge database that was hacked that stored i believe some passwords for some sites. As a precaution any potential site that could possibly be effected got the warning even if there isn't an issue. Even if your password was compromised this site doesn't store any personal information so there really isn't anything that could be done. I have noticed it for many sites however. Just change your password and you should be OK. I'd change the passwords to your emails as well. That should be done every so often anyway

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I'm seeing the same thing and just started like 3 days ago.....so far i only have that issue when signing on here.....
But the issue I have or i think i have is that I'm running Microsoft Windows Vista and my browser is Firefox and just received a notification for updates but at the same time during the update the notification also told me that they won't be no more updates for Windows Vista.Kind of weird.
What What.....
So i;m thinking it's time for a new Comp even though this one works perfectly...So now ever time i sign in i have to type in my user name and password.....
So far this is the only site that happens....Banking,FB,Ebay and other site are fine...
Strange.....

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 03-12-2017 at 10:27 AM.
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

No need for a new computer when you can just upgrade from crap Vista. Go with Windows 7 or 10 if you can. Windows 10 isn't bad like some complain, but I prefer windows 7

spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
No need for a new computer when you can just upgrade from crap Vista. Go with Windows 7 or 10 if you can. Windows 10 isn't bad like some complain, but I prefer windows 7

not going to argue but no issue with Windows vista for 7 years....But I'll wait for this to crap out then I'll buy a new one..
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Well I see I'm not the only one having this issue. Mind you now that my laptop has Windows 7 and it's a few years old now and I really haven't had very many problems with it. I'm kinda leaning towards that it's an issue with Google chrome,but who knows with computers. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:25 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post

I wouldn't waste my money on W's 7... might as well go with 10

'cuz W's 7 will be unsupported by Microsoft in maybe 3-4 years time.

In fact... if ya have W's 7... W's 10 is basically an update/download offered by Microsoft.

At least if ya go with W's 10, might get used to it before it's deemed obsolete.

There will be Windows updates/program changes for the rest of everyone's living days.
Might as well get used to paying.

So pony up to the monopoly. Bill Gates doesn't have enough of yer money yet !? Lol

I'd also recommend getting a new 'puter if it's 5 years old.
It's like a car... 5 years old... time for new !? Lol

Last edited by TacoCrawler; 03-13-2017 at 10:30 PM.
TacoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:47 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCrawler View Post
So pony up to the monopoly. Bill Gates doesn't have enough of yer money yet !?
Bill Gates only owns 4% of Microsoft.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:09 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerMan View Post
Here in the last few weeks when I visit RCCrawler I get the notification from Google Chrome that my connection to this site is not secure. I have the same issue with other forums as well,so it isn't just this forum and with that being said I'm not saying that it is secure,or isn't because who knows for sure. I have really came to enjoy and have learned a whole lot from RCCrawler and I don't plan to give up and quit visiting here just because Google Chrome says it isn't a secure connection to this site. But out of curiosity,has anyone else had the same issue with Google Chrome while visiting this site. And if so what have you done to get it corrected. I would like to know because you can't be too careful these days with all the computer hackers out there that can obtain your personal information. If this isn't allowed to be discussed forgive me Admins and please don't take it the wrong way,because I'm not trying to put any blame on this forum because of what's going on with my browser.
Sure....come on in. lol jk

Anyways, that just means that the site certificate presented by the website (in this case Rccrawler) has not been validated to be the true and correct site that it represents itself as on the world wide web. Costs time and money to do site certificates, they have to be maintained/renewed, yada yada, lots of security breaches getting exposed to the public, so it appears that Googly Chrome now has started warning of sites in a more proactive manner. In other words, RCC is fine...come on in.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:45 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I guess that's good enough then because Rcc is the best go to place to find answers. Thanks folks for the answers,and I'll stick around here as long as I can.

Is RCCrawler Forum secure? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proline secure loc 84yoda Axial Yeti XL 2 01-03-2016 10:06 PM
How do u secure the bed? Physical Terrorist Axial SCX-10 4 08-07-2011 11:32 AM
How To Secure Headlight Buckets md7989 Axial SCX-10 6 02-06-2011 07:25 AM
general question about rccrawler forum James003 General Crawlers 2 02-01-2010 10:38 AM
rccrawler turned up on a jeep forum im on badtodabone Chit Chat 2 06-29-2006 07:50 PM