Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: For Sale threads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default For Sale threads

I have tried two times to post my for sale thread. I can't understand why it has not been posted. I read all the rules and followed them closely. I need some understanding from the powers that are over the for sale section to give me some explenation.

It would be nice that if a thread is to be deleted and not posted that an explanation be given to the person trying to post. This way they would know why they can't get there item posted!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
RCC Addict

How long ago did you try to post them?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Sinking with the ship

The threads have to be approved, we try to get to them as quick as we can but sometimes it take a little while...

EDIT

and you didnt put a price on the truck...so it was deleted...gotta read the sticky. Everything needs to have a price.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I did another one last night with a price! It still has not been put up.

Thanks for the post and the help.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser
The threads have to be approved, we try to get to them as quick as we can but sometimes it take a little while...

EDIT

and you didnt put a price on the truck...so it was deleted...gotta read the sticky. Everything needs to have a price.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #5
Built, not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life

Tom
This leads back to,it has to be approved.It may seem like an annoyance but,trust me,it's for the good of everyone.Please understand that the mods don't get paid so they'll get to it when they can.Can we say "thanks mods"?
Pat
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life

Tom

No you didn't. Your info says you have only started 5 posts. 2 in the comments section, 1 in the TLT section, 1 in the paint and body section, then 1 in the for sale section that was deleted due to not having a price.

As for sending PM's each time I delete or do not approve a for sale thread, sorry, that is not going to happen.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
No you didn't. Your info says you have only started 5 posts. 2 in the comments section, 1 in the TLT section, 1 in the paint and body section, then 1 in the for sale section that was deleted due to not having a price.

As for sending PM's each time I delete or do not approve a for sale thread, sorry, that is not going to happen.
Okay! I will try it again.

Thanks for the response!
Tom
Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys! It worked that time!

I appreciate your help and I understand the reason behind the approval process!

Thanks
Tom
Old 03-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #9

Question, where are the for sale forums? Seems kind of dumb that someone who wants to buy something should have the ability to read the for sale forum. I understand not letting people post things for sale without meeting some requirements, but shutting out potential buyers is plain stupid!
birdy233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy233
Question, where are the for sale forums? Seems kind of dumb that someone who wants to buy something should have the ability to read the for sale forum. I understand not letting people post things for sale without meeting some requirements, but shutting out potential buyers is plain stupid!
Ok lets say that you had an add in the FS section and some newbie came in and offered to purchase yourstuff or wanted to trade something and scammed you. Now what? If that kept happening then people will complain about RCC allowing these things to happen even though RCC is not legally responsible for what happens in the classifieds section.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1
Ok lets say that you had an add in the FS section and some newbie came in and offered to purchase yourstuff or wanted to trade something and scammed you. Now what? If that kept happening then people will complain about RCC allowing these things to happen even though RCC is not legally responsible for what happens in the classifieds section.

Well, first, I only accept paypal to confirmed address, so me receiving my money before I ship out would eliminate that issue. As for trades, if your new I will trade but I will have to receive your item first before I would ship.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well, first, I only accept paypal to confirmed address, so me receiving my money before I ship out would eliminate that issue. As for trades, if your new I will trade but I will have to receive your item first before I would ship.
Well some of us don't have paypal.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
Well some of us don't have paypal.

postal money order is also an option that I would accept, but I still don't see any issue allowing someone to look at the forums as a buyer, I don't think anyone would ship out any item unless they have received the payment. I fully understand the selling portion, just confused about a buyer not being able to view. BTW, when can you view?? I've been a member for two years, have sold here before and I'm a e-bay power seller. I'm just looking for a new rig and have plenty of cash awaiting in my paypal
Old 03-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
postal money order is also an option that I would accept, but I still don't see any issue allowing someone to look at the forums as a buyer, I don't think anyone would ship out any item unless they have received the payment. I fully understand the selling portion, just confused about a buyer not being able to view. BTW, when can you view?? I've been a member for two years, have sold here before and I'm a e-bay power seller. I'm just looking for a new rig and have plenty of cash awaiting in my paypal
You should be able to view it right now. 30 posts and 30 days is the requirements.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #15

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
but I still don't see any issue allowing someone to look at the forums as a buyer, I don't think anyone would ship out any item unless they have received the payment.
And then your scamming buyer tells you that you screwed up the packaging, or misrepresented the item, or claims that they flat never received the item. They report you to PayPal, and disgrace your name in the feedback forum here at RCC. Bla bla bla.

There are numerous scams and bullsh!t that can be done from a buyer's end of a transaction. The rules here are set up to try to keep the bullsh!t to a minimum from both ends.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote