Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Should there be a Tuber Section?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Should there be a Tuber Section?

I've done some searching and found that Harley posted something about this a few years ago when tubers were getting popular.

Well it seems now there are TONS but for some reason on the search it seems pretty scattered. I've been wanting to start my own tuber and have been researching but info is really all over the place. Some info is in the tools section and then other info is based on axles or what scale.

Does anyone think a tuber forum would be a good idea? I personally think it would be nice to go into a forum that is dedicated to the art. Have some stickies for materials used and common techniques etc...There are so many questions, so much info and TONS of builds but they are so scattered.

What do ya think?
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

i thnk it should be.. they kinda need they're own section. alot of people like to build tubers and when you need to search for info we don't want it scattered everywhere, we want it in one place because it's also easier to research building techniques and to find inspiration.
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Thats what I've been doing. I have a lot of threads bookmarked for techniques, materials, a few builds I like etc....

I could see why the mods wouldn't want to make a forum just for tubers too. I mean you can only classify so many things. Thats like making a forum for Jeep bodies. Axles seem to be the biggest part for classification so far. Then wheel sizes which was just added recently.

It would be kind of neat to have a sub-forum in each of the main forums that dealt with tubers but sub-forums kinda suck..... It's nice to have everything out on the main page.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Yeah i agree. Still i think there should be still though. It would make searching so much easier!
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

No. Because then your going to want different tuber sections for the supers, comp and scalers.

I think doing a search for "tube" or "tuber" in the tech sections works fine.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

even doing a search for tubers in general through the whole site. on the right side when you search it tells you what forum its in. its not like you have to go searching through each individual thread to see what the base of it is.
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:30 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I agree to an extent. It just sucks sifting through all the posts where someone mentions "tuber" when there is no tube involved.....

I'll live without it and keep doing what i have been doing but thought it would be a good topic to discuss.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

it would be nice to see a search in title only option.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i agree that would be a good thing. i was searching for moon buggy pics and a sh!tload came up that just had it mentioned. it did make it kinda difficult to find what i was looking for.
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #10
RCC Addict

A tuber tech sub forum in the tool and procedures would be nice.... geared solely toward the the construction of the chassis- and not the axles, electr., or tranny.

Even a sticky would work out. I just see alot of "How Do I Build A Tuber" threads, and the write up in the main page is very outdated.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #11
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
and the write up in the main page is very outdated.

Just because something was written awhile back, doesn't make it outdated. Using tubing,safety silv and the procedures listed in that article is the best method possible. When a new technique comes out that you can just throw the dimensions in the computer and it will bend and braze it for you, then it will be outdated.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

YES !!

We need a Tuber Section, A Custom Super tuber section

P L E A S E !
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #13
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
YES !!

We need a Tuber Section, A Custom Super tuber section

P L E A S E !

NO! The forum is just fine. Use the search feature.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
NO! The forum is just fine. Use the search feature.

I did a search, all I could find is little 2.2's http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...archid=1050750

Also did a search " Super tuber " results http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...archid=1050783

the only super in there is Dirks super Hustler

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 09-17-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #15
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
I did a search, all I could find is little 2.2's http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...archid=1050750

Also did a search " Super tuber " results http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...archid=1050783

the only super in there is Dirks super Hustler
So your telling me out of 258 threads,theres only 1 super tuber build?

I think you need to look a little closer. Theres more there than Dirks Blingin super. Heck,theres 3 or 4 on the 1st page of the Twin section alone.

How many there are and where they are at is a moot point. We don't need a tuber section,plain and simple. Tuber builds are everywhere. If your looking for ideas on building a super tuber,the 2.2 tubers serve the same purpose,just scale it up
Old 09-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Can we drop the subject?

I look at tubers all day supers, 2.2 and scales. It's my business, but if I can find what I'm looking for so can you.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

How Nice for you TWO

I'LL STOP HERE BUT
BOTOM LINE IS YOU HAVE PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND THIS STUFF AND HAVING A HARD TIME DOING IT.
SO MAYBE YOU COULD RECOMMEND SOMETHING ??
INSTEAD OF BEING NEGATIVE & MAKING US LOOK LIKE WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING

Maybe you could be on the positive side and tell us HOW you find them in the Search !

Not to be counting , but only two of you say it's fine.

never had such difficulty on a forum before :shaking:

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 09-20-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Maybe you could be on the positive side and tell us HOW you find them in the Search

ok, There is this thing called Search. All you have to do is use this thing called a mouse and another thing called a keyboard and type 5 letters "tuber" Then you use the mouse and check the box thats says "search in titles only"

If you cant find a tuber on this site then you should be on the short bus and still in preschool.
Mikekx65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #19
RCC Addict

I agree that a single seperate forum wouldn't suffice, yet individual sub-forums for every variation of tuber wouldn't be worthwhile.

Maybe a "Tuber Gallery" thread in the General section would help. People can post a pic of thier tuber with a link to the corresponding thread.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:08 PM   #20
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
I agree that a single seperate forum wouldn't suffice, yet individual sub-forums for every variation of tuber wouldn't be worthwhile.
You've hit the nail on the head. If we start a tuber section,then everyone will whine till there is a tuber section for every type of build. Mucho no bueno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
Maybe a "Tuber Gallery" thread in the General section would help. People can post a pic of thier tuber with a link to the corresponding thread.
That might be feasable. There's already 5 stickies in the general section. To many stickies in one forum is to clutered IMHO,and I know the admins agree on this.

Quote:
How Nice :shaking:
O.K. Mr.,I'll make you a deal. If you want a tuber section that bad. Get to searching and put them all together. If you can come up with a quality post and have enough tech and tube builds in it,we might make it a sticky.

We'll need to approve it though with the rest of the mods and the admins first. Since we might have to move a few stickies and rearange things a bit,it might take a little work to get it right. All I'm saying is,if you can make a thread worthy of being a tuber sticky,you'll have my vote to get it stuck.

Fair enough?