Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Crawlerado Scale Series Finals! May 10th! - Series Being Pushed Back a bit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
Powered by Awesome

Default Crawlerado Scale Series Finals! May 10th! - Series Being Pushed Back a bit

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/calen...&day=2008-5-10

Here is the plan... comp will actually start around 3pm and will end when the beer runs out .

We will start with hill climb and time trial then a Singles gated run for the finals course. As long as we are all still having a good time... more events will follow after intermissins (charging sessions). Camping is not required but migth be a good idea. Im unsure if i will be camping or not at this time cause my wife is getting closer to her due date and that is one thing i dont want to miss. I plan on staying till very late with some night running... we may even add another portion of hill climb/time trial/ and gated at night just to make it interesting.

The location:
Daken Road - Located in Western Douglas County just south of Sadalia and West of Castle Rock.. to get there, fastest way... Take I25 to Castle Rock, Exit on the Wolfensberger Exit, Head West till the Road comes to a T (@ 5 miles), Turn South, Travel a couple more miles down, Take a Right on Daken Road. When you get to the top of the dirt hill, hang to the left, then hang to the right (its a 1 way roundabout), this will bring you to the Forest Road entrance of Daken Road. The Comp Spot is about 5-6 miles in and takes about 15-20 min to get to it from this point. Make sure you have at least 1/2 tank just in case. Trucks and 4wheel drive are required! if you are driving a car, post up and we can car pool or meet up with a fellow competitor for a ride.. i have seen cars up at the rock stairs.. and it is not pretty. Now, this is not a "Hardcore" 4x4 trail.. it is a simple dirt road but every year certain spots get dug out and could cause a problem if you were driving a car. Stock trucks will have no problem.. heck, most guys tow trailers up in there all the time. At the rock stairs, ther is allota stuff for rc crawling and even some stuff for 1:1 crawling so bring your jeeps if you like... Cant wait to see everyone there!!!!

Last edited by TwistedXT; 04-30-2008 at 11:54 AM.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Powered by Awesome

for those of you wondering ....

Daken Road =
So dont worry about driving your stock truck

oh yeah.. did i meantion trophies?

for the points leaders...

1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive trophies for accumulated posts in there class.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
R.I.P. Chip

FYI, I think a bunch of guys are planning on being in Grand Junction that day for a comp;)
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #4
Powered by Awesome

good thing i posted it early... nothing is set in stone...

if the masses speak, we can move it to another weekend....

Last edited by TwistedXT; 04-30-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
[HOONIGAN]

I'll be getting stuff built for Montana.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

The other issue is Mothers day is on Sunday the 11th! I definately could not camp that night, Momma would be pissed!! We also have Montana the following weekend, Not real sure when would be good? I could be ok for any day except June 14th, my wife is graduating from college that day. I miss that and I will be very lonely and poor, might even have an injury or two!!
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm not sure what would be best for a date either. I could possibly go, but with Montana the following weekend. Then the weekend after we get back from Montana is the winter series final, with camping involved there. I might not have a wife or a house to come home to if for three weeks in a row I'm not home on the weekend. I should able to make it on the 10th if that is the day everyone wants, but I might not be able to stay over night.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #8