Way to go Austin.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 05:27 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Just talking to Rich from Losi.

Word is Team Losi takes all 3 podium spots!

1. Austin Dunn
2. Jake Wright
3. Brad Dumont
Hellz yeah, Congrats austin.

Damn Losi domination Good job
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
(even Rizzo)

It was great to see you too Rich.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Congratulations to "Team Losi"

Great event and challenging course layout with some very interesting rock formations. Awesome photos and coverage Badger nicely done.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #25
PapaGriz Yo

Wooo hoooo! Way to go Austin, Brad, and Team Losi. Great job!
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Congrats to all, The course's looked awesome. Proline put on one great event, and kudos to Losi for a top 3 finish.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Great jon Austin! Come from behind win! I would like to see all the results from both days and every course. Get with it Vadge- Do Work Son!
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #28
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
Great jon Austin! Come from behind win!
I would like to know more about this as well............
Old 06-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

i'd also like to know the final results. those losi tires were kicking ass on the courses i judged! i think i might have to buy a set.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #30
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEW View Post
Damn jason, you need to teach these other clubs how to cover a big event. Slackin Slackin!
This event was tough with little to no cell signal at the comp site.
Quote:
I would like to see all the results from both days and every course. Get with it Vadge- Do Work Son!
I wanted to post the results from Saturdays event but decided not to because I was not going to be able to post Sundays results since we had to leave early to get Dean home before he turned into a pumpkin. Brian and I thought it would be better to have all the results posted by one person (him).
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #31
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
I would like to know more about this as well............
Jake Hallenbeck from CKRC had a big lead after Saturday, and everyone had a lot of ground to make up. Austin was 3rd after day one, and I was in 5th. We were both on fire Sunday, and were trading low scores all day.

Austin timed out in a brutally tough course #8, where I managed to pull of a clean 5pt. run. With the pressure on, Austin finished course #6 (by far the hardest course all weekend IMO) with an amazing score of 2 points
It was an incredible run to watch, and Austin fully earned the win.

Congrats man! See ya at the Nationals
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Timing out was a common occurance- the course were LONG! Mostly 7-9 gates and all only 5 minutes, and they were pretty hard too! You had to make great time to have a chance on many of them... They were prefect technical difficulty though in my opinion, but I don't like being that rushed. ;)
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

The results are being done now. As Badger said internet access from the location is pretty much non-existant. I will try to get the totals up asap.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #34
MODERATOR™

Austin is a monster! Incredible man! Unreal.

Congratulations all you guys.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #35
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
Jake Hallenbeck from CKRC had a big lead after Saturday, and everyone had a lot of ground to make up. Austin was 3rd after day one, and I was in 5th. We were both on fire Sunday, and were trading low scores all day.

Austin timed out in a brutally tough course #8, where I managed to pull of a clean 5pt. run. With the pressure on, Austin finished course #6 (by far the hardest course all weekend IMO) with an amazing score of 2 points
It was an incredible run to watch, and Austin fully earned the win.

Congrats man! See ya at the Nationals
Quote:
Timing out was a common occurance- the course were LONG! Mostly 7-9 gates and all only 5 minutes, and they were pretty hard too! You had to make great time to have a chance on many of them... They were prefect technical difficulty though in my opinion, but I don't like being that rushed. ;)
Thanks for that guys, sounds like some exciting action.

Congrats on the 2nd place finish Jake.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Brian falling threw the box was a 'Mastercard - Priceless' Moment! Glad you caught that one Badger!
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #37

Thank you Badger for all the coverage you provided, especially with the lack of service for the latest techno gadgets at the lake. It did feel like we were far away from civilization.

To Austin, Brad and Jake, awesome job! You guys were amazing to watch.

To the CKRC team, thank you for all your support, enthusiasm, and being a part of our event throughout the weekend.

To all the judges and staff: Amy, John, Brian, Eric, Kenn, Scott, David, John, Jeff, Bob, Scotty, Jennifer, and Nate thank you for all your exhausting work each day.

To RCP and Brian, I'm glad we did this event. Great courses and can't wait to start working on an 09 event.

To all the sponsors, thank you for your generous donations in such a short amount of time. Your backing of this event meant a lot and we hope that we did the sponsorships justice and can have the opportunity to work with you in 09.

And finally, to all those drivers that showed-up in such a short amount of time after announcing the event, thank you! A rough economy, high gas prices, and an added event to the schedule are tough to prepare for. Without your participation there would have been no event. I'm not sure at this time what the official tally was but my best guess is 95 entries. Simple amazing.

All the best,
Scott Hughes
Scott Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #38

Brian and Scott put on a great event! It was very well organized, a perfect location, staff that did a great job and courses that were both very challenging and extremely fun to drive. I'm looking forward to next years event. Thanks for all the hard work from everyone involved!

Unfortunately I did not have time to drive the courses on Sunday and cannot give you first hand descriptions, so I took more pictures of the courses to give you a visual description of the clever layout and challenging obstacles.

Course 6 "Axial"

Course 7 "Novak"

Course 8 "Tamiya"

Course 9 "X RC Cars magazine"

Course 10 "RC Car Action"

WCCC base camp

Brad "doing work"

Course 7 on the left

Course 6 over looking WCCC base camp

Sucking on his drive shaft after his run. Dieselfool staring awkwardly.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Man... What an event... The best so far IMO! It was so great to see all the best... My wife and I judged couse 1 (day 1) and course 7 (day 2), it was 2 very longs, hot days in the sun and lots of standing but man was it worth it to watch some of the best r/c rock crawlers in the country. The courses were awsome and it really challenged the "best".
I would really like to thank Scott and Proline, Brian, Nathan and Noel from RCP Crawlers for putting together one hell of an event! The scenery was awesome! I would like to thank all the vendors who donated the the raffle prizes and who showed up to show us the new goodies (thanks Rich for the lil mini crawler time!). The best thing about the raffle is, everyone one something! So thats so much to ALL THE SPONSERS!!!!!
I would also like to thank all of the Judges who stepped up to judge such an event... THIS WAS NOT AN EASY EVENT TO JUDGE and it was done with such Professionalism by all of these judges, I really cant say enough you guys... Thanks so much!
Thanks Rizzo, Diesel and Fishmaxx for coming out to help, it was nice having there!1
I would like to congradulate Austin on his win, that boy amazes me... from the way he studies the courses to the way he drives, simply amazing, way to go Austin!
Jake Wright, my man!!!! The Banana Chassis and Jake make it look way tooo easy, but its not! That guys is amazing as well! His driving technique is unbelievable... YOU ARE SO CAL'S TOP BANANA my friend!
And a big congrates to Brad for taking third, nice driving man! Very nice!
If any of you have had the oppritunity to meet and talk to any of those gentleman you'd know what a class act they are, you guys rock!
A huge congrate to the top 10... you guys kicked ass and you deserve to be in the top 10! Way to go!
I would like to say thanks to everyone who came out to compete, everyonek of you guys are awesome!
A special thanks to:
John and Charlie from Novak
Jason from Car Action
"Skinny" and Dave from Xtreme R/C
John and Thad form HPI
Matt and Jeff from Axial
Rich from Losi
John from RCC, Thanks man for all your hard work!
John from RCP Tracks
All my brothers in the SO CAL RCRC Club, your the best...
All the clubs that showed up... it cool when buddies stick together, supporting each other...
YOUR GUYS ROCK!!!!
Sorry if I forgot anybody!
Thanks for everything you do for our hobby!
Last but not least... I would like to thank my awesome wife... She stood in the sun. on a rock judging for 12 hours on saturday and 10 hours on sunday, sun burned and tired she did not complain at all, not one time...
Am I a lucky guy or what I love you baby

Like I said... What an event!
Thanks PROLINE AND RCP CRAWLERS!!!!!!!!

Last edited by KRAWLR4life; 07-01-2008 at 10:08 AM.
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #40

Thanks to Greg for letting me copy his memory card so I can post some photo ops that I missed.

Here's shots of the raffle.