Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Atlanta "Crawling for Kid's" Comp!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #161
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
I had a good time yesterday and think the event went pretty well!

Congrats to all the top finishers, those were some fun courses.
I do believe you took home a top 3 finish!!! Great job buddy
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #162
06 Super National Champ

I just woke up for the second time today. Got up early with the kids and tried to get a bit more sleep afterwards. Not working too well.

Kenny was dead to the world when we rolled into Augusta last night. He was asleep before we left Atlanta.

I'm still tired and my feet are hating me right now.

Had a good time. Was cool to meet all the new people and see some old friends. Hanging out Friday night/Saturday morning with the Florida guys was a blast.

Chris, you did have a top three in 1.9. I know you didn't like that finals course, though.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and to the vendors that actually stepped up and supported this.

DNA had some awesome prizes and the 1.9 tires from Genki were interesting.

Crawler Design Works sent a couple of sets of outputs for the Axial tranny as well as a chassis or two.

Everyone post up what you took home so the vendors can see where their items went. I heard someone ask "That's it for the giveaway? You don't have any more than that?"

To that person - YES that's all that was sent. I ended up grabbing some things I had here that were new in the package so Kenny would have more to give away. For whatever reason, there was just not much support from vendors for this event. Kenny tried like mad to get some vendors to support the event but what you saw us give out is what he ended up with.

Also a HUGE thanks to Ryan, Teresa, and others for helping out with scoring, timing, etc.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 12-21-2008 at 01:15 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

You get my stuff from Fish??
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Man, you would think that the guy that designed that chassis would have thought of that and made a hole to put the servo in to keep something like that from happening.........

Well, you see, I only had a few days to put this chassis together because of the fact it took over a month to get it. I didnt get completely done with this truck till 1 am before the comp so .
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #165
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
You get my stuff from Fish??
Yeah, he had a chassis that he brought and we were told that that chassis was not to be given away, that the winner would be able to pick the chassis they wanted and that it would come with links and steering links.

Thanks, Jeff.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #166
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Yeah, he had a chassis that he brought and we were told that that chassis was not to be given away, that the winner would be able to pick the chassis they wanted and that it would come with links and steering links.

Thanks, Jeff.
Fish brought the chassis your talking about to give to CYCLONE so he could give it to me. Its going on my 09 Berg

Salmonfacesalads JK looked killer. Everyones rigs looked top knotched. Can't wait to go to the next one
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #167
Who's your Daddy-0!

I know that this was for the kids and everyone did a great job of getting toys to the event! There were some nice toys in the mix! RC helis, trucks, cars, ect...! But what we gave away for prizes were it I swear to everyone I tried like hell to get more. I would be more than happy to show you "my" posts asking for help. I even had a vendor that I had on the banner that didn't show upAnd another vendor that said he would be there that didn't. So thank you vendors for making me look like a ass. Jason stepped up and gave away a lot of his own new stuff for this. Sure it wasn't all crawler stuff but nice stuff none the less. I'm very sorry I wasn't able to give more to you guys. If any of the vendors decide to come through I will take the list of people that didn't get stuff and see what I can do to get something to you. But at the end of the day the kids at the Aflac Childrens Cancer Center will be very happy and that's what it was all about! I was happy with the turn out and how the day went. I hope all had a good time
Old 12-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #168
Rock Crawler

Let's don't forget JConcepts for a couple of things.
Thanks J'Ro, Ali, Paul & Andy.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #169
RCC Addict

The fact that this event was organized to help kids was the most important. Anyone who can afford a crawler can afford not to win a door prize.

Please stay safe, and try to get some more sleep.

Thanks for organizing such a great event.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #170
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Let's don't forget JConcepts for a couple of things.
Thanks J'Ro, Ali, Paul & Andy.
Didn't forget at all! Thank you JConcepts for the killer prizes! I ended up buying the Illuzion "Rock Steady" body off of the kid that won it So he went home with cash

The sponsors were...

(1) DNA Thanks Don!!! And get better buddy!
(2) Crawler Design Works Thanks Yota!
(3) Genki DoriDori (A new vendor that sent me stuff from Japan, some killer 1.9 comp wheels!)
(4) JConcepts Thank you guys for everything!
(5) Kamikaze Thanks for the awesome package deal that you gave to a lucky guy there!!!
(6) Jason aka Jason in Augusta (Not even a vendor but gave stuff NIP out of his own pocket!)

There were several others that were supposed to and said they were donating but did not......

As Jason asked, please post up what you won for the vendors to see if you would Me and Jason will get some picts up of all the toys as soon as we can! When we opened the door to the back of the truck to move them to the trailer we were like It was a lot! Thank you all for making this happen and for every single one of you that helped out with scoring, judging, course building, clean up, and most of all making some kids happy this X-Mas

I never said anything before about this but I was told that this might be the last X-Mas for several kids there.....so know that what you guys did for them will be remembered for a long time....Thank you all

Last edited by TattooKenny; 12-21-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

Kenny and Jason I just wanted to say it was great to meet you guys and all the other folks!!! We had a great time and it was well worth the 8 hour trip. I wanted to thank DNA for the awsome dig that I won and really needed. This was our first competition and it will be hard to beat! Most of all the kid's will have something to smile about on Christmas day. Great job Kenny lets do one in Florida sometime!!
goodoldlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #172
MODERHATER™

Does this rig really have 2 servos or am I hallucinating?

666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #173
Team T1E/VP Driver

Where is the second one? I see the steering servo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Does this rig really have 2 servos or am I hallucinating?

Uroplatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #174
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroplatus View Post
Where is the second one? I see the steering servo...
I think 666 is right, it probably does have 2 servos. One for steering and one for dig.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #175
Team T1E/VP Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
I think 666 is right, it probably does have 2 servos. One for steering and one for dig.

Yeah but you can't see that second one anywhwere... unless maybe 666 can see through lexan and delrin!
Uroplatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #176
Who's your Daddy-0!

I don't see it? Where do you see it at 666?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #177
Rock Stacker

Thank you JCONCEPTS for your Rocx tires donation. I will be trying them out soon.
Mudturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #178
Rock Crawler

Thanks for putting this on guys:

Had a rather large time.
Also here is some photos from the comp:
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...istmas%20Comp/
And from the finals:
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...With%20Awards/
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #179
Rock Crawler

Me and Teresa both had a great time Thanks to both Kenny and Jason for the great comp. I really enjoyed building the 1.9 courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I know that this was for the kids and everyone did a great job of getting toys to the event! There were some nice toys in the mix! RC helis, trucks, cars, ect...! But what we gave away for prizes were it I swear to everyone I tried like hell to get more. I would be more than happy to show you "my" posts asking for help. I even had a vendor that I had on the banner that didn't show upAnd another vendor that said he would be there that didn't. So thank you vendors for making me look like a ass. Jason stepped up and gave away a lot of his own new stuff for this. Sure it wasn't all crawler stuff but nice stuff none the less. I'm very sorry I wasn't able to give more to you guys. If any of the vendors decide to come through I will take the list of people that didn't get stuff and see what I can do to get something to you. But at the end of the day the kids at the Aflac Childrens Cancer Center will be very happy and that's what it was all about! I was happy with the turn out and how the day went. I hope all had a good time
I remember him getting parts from the trailer while I was entering the scores into the computer. Did not know he was giving them away as prizes.

I understand your frustration with some Vendors dropping the ball. I try to get 1-2 prizes for each of our local comps. Vendors are quick to say they will help out but when the time comes they are no where to be found.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #180
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Whaaa whaaa whaaa........snifff...snifffff

Its ok Jeffrey. I still love you...
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote