Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 801RCC '09 Point Series Comp Event #5 "Carnage Carnival"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC '09 Point Series Comp Event #5 "Carnage Carnival"

Part 5 of the 801RCC point series

The Point series is winding down so these last couple comps will be critical. There are a bunch of guys that could take it, and with this comp being at a new location that none of us are familiar with, could really mix things up.

-When-
May 9th '09 -5/9/09-

9-9:30 Course setup
9:45 group pics and drivers meeting
10:00 Competition starts

-Where-
NAME: Desert Mt
TERRAIN: Smooth, Rolling Granite Type
TRACTION: Very High

Here are the directions:
Head south on I-15 to Nephi. Take the second exit, Hwy132. Follow Hwy132 west for 33miles, it will then run into Hwy6. Head south on Hwy6 for 6miles. Turn northwest on Hwy174 (you'll see Brush Resource near the intersection) follow Hwy174 11miles. A mile or two past Intermountain Power Project you'll see the sign "Desert Mountain". Follow the dirt road north 16miles and you'll see the spot on the east side of the road. The dirt road is very well maintained (smoother than the road to Lil Moab) and you can easily do 50mph. Any car can make it to this spot.

WVH to Nephi (I-15) = 68miles/1:05min
Nephi to Hwy6 (Hwy132) = 33miles/35min
Hwy132 to Hwy174 (Hwy6) = 6miles/6min
Hwy6 to Desert Mt rd. (Hwy174) = 11miles/13min
Desert Mt turnoff to crawl spot (Desert Mt rd) =16miles/18min

WVH to crawl spot = 140miles/2:15min

Another way to get there
Head south on I15 57mi Take exit 244 to US-6 toward Delta/Santaquin. Continue to follow US-6 39mi. Turn right at Jericho Callao Rd. Follow Jericho Callao Rd 22.6mi stay left at the forks in the road to stay on Jericho Callao Rd. I think there are 3 forks. When you merge onto Desert Mt road you'll be heading south follow it south about 3 miles when it opens up and you can look across the desert, the crawl spot will be on the east side of the road.

Desert Mountain Crawl Spot, GPS coordinates
N 39*44.284
W 112*35.799

Link to the official USRCCA rules
http://www.usrcca.com/usrcca_rules_2...-09-master.pdf

Last edited by NaZ-T; 05-03-2009 at 11:29 PM.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Smile

This is going to be a sweet comp hole new place and all new stuff to crawl on
i cant wait and i plan on camping out just awesome.
Superboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I NEED to get the day off for this one....
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yeah I plan on camping out friday and saturday so I can hopefully log some good drive time in at this new spot. I'm way excited.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Can't decide if I'm camping out yet. Looking forward to this one being a new spot.
SPECIAL ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Smile

I'm way excited about this new spot i am Looking forward to camping out for this comp and it being a new spot to have comps at threw out the year.
Superboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
RCC Addict

YAY!!! I got the day off!!!!!

I am SUPER excited about this one!!!
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

nonstopboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Thanks for posting up the Flyer, Boost.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Well I drove in to Desert Mt. to day with the wife to check road conditions for the comp next weekend. If you come in from the south past Intermountain Power Project the dirt road is very smooth and not bad at all even with the recent rain.

If you come in from the east the road is a bit worse but no worse than the main dirt road to Lil Moab. It is a bit farther on dirt, 20miles of dirt road from the east. It is shorter distance by about 20 miles though. Both ways are fine for just about any car you may just have to drive slower. I added directions from the west (by Little Sahara) Directions are harder from the east because of all the dirt roads that branch off.

The comp spot will be south of Desert Mt by about 2 1/2 miles. (google map, Desert mt Ut.) and the GPS coordinates are dead on. If you come in from the south you can't miss us.

I'm planning on camping right at the Comp spot.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited by NaZ-T; 05-04-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Headin out tomorrow night. I can't wait!!!

Louie from H&R stone stopped by today and dropped off some 801RCC comp goodies

Old 05-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Well I had a blast!!! definitely a memorable weekend that's for sure.

801RCC has been know to host some of the best competitions in the west and this comp was right on par. 801RCC's Carnage Carnival was set in the West Desert of Utah at Desert Mt about 15 miles west of Little Sahara Sand Dunes and 30miles from the nearest gas station. "Why so far out?" you might ask. Because that's were some of the best R/C crawling terrain in the US is. 801RCC is home to some of the best drivers around and the best drivers deserve the best terrain.

The comp courses were awesome. You had to earn every run and stay on top of every move. Almost everyone was able to finish at least 4 out of 5 courses.
Course #1 had you snaking around on ledges and turns into walls forcing competitors to us a revers or fight with dig. Course #2 was a consistent up hill with small switchbacks to throw the drivers off. Course #3 started you off in a nasty sand pit (making the climb out was a feat in it own) and then snaked up and down and finished off with an incredibly steep canyon. Course #4 was off camber and had you fighting ledges while on steep inclines with a nasty drop off in there too. Course #5 covered some serious ground and had drivers straddling a verity of canyons starting with a pair of up hills then a long and dangerous down hill with some crazy turns in it.

A little run down on the top 5
It was Roar right from the beginning. He was smashing courses left and right and never looked back. He was the only driver to finish 2 courses flawlessly. Tuner came through mid day and laid down some serious driving, but a few nasty spots kept him just out of the top spot. Mac10 was on a roll during mid day too and looking to beat Tuners score, but a costly gate penalty had Mac10 and Tuner tied in the end, with Tuner getting the higher placing by beating Mac10's score by 2 points on course 5. NazT wasn't too far behind but poor driving on course 5 and 4 kept him just out of contention for the top spots. The battle wasn't over yet. Late in the day J-rad came through with some amazing driving and a flawless on course 4 bumped him just ahead of Tuner and Mac10. A few reverses and a bad fall on course 2 forced him to take a reposition and confirmed that Roar was the top driver of the day.

The camp out was a blast too. a few quick things. MurfDog Disco dancing around the camp fire to the BeeGees and spooning with GoingUp. Lighting up the whole canyon with hundreds of glow sticks. J-rad and Tuner swinging glow sticks around like you'd see at a rave and much more, but you'll have to be there next time to share the memories.

Thanks too:
Everyone that drove into the middle of nowhere to support 801RCC. The Judges. High Pines Crew for garbage duty and glow sticks. All of the great members that help make 801RCC the Premier Crawling Club in Utah. Thanks.

Sorry I'm having trouble converting the scores. I'll get them up ASAP (getting help tomorrow) Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Well I've finally got the score sheets to convert so here ya go.

2.2's

1.9's

Last edited by NaZ-T; 05-19-2009 at 11:43 AM.