Default 801RCC '09 Comp, Event #8 "August Afterburn"

801RCC '09 Comp, Event #8 "August Afterburn"

Don't put your light away just yet guys.... You might still need them

-when-
August 15th '08 -8/15/09-

4:00pm Course setup
4:45pm Pics and drivers meeting
5:00pm Competition starts

This comp will run a little different than most comps. With the summer heat we'll be running all 5 courses starting at 5pm and run into the night.

-where-
"Little Moab" Elberta, Ut.

NAME: Little Moab
TERRAIN: White slickrock/sand
TRACTION: Varies med to high

If you plan to attend "August Afterburn" we suggest camping over night. This comp will run into the night.
We strongly suggest having LED's or some kind of lights mounted to your rig, the more the better.
The Driver is also allowed to have a light. Headlamp, flashlight or even a spotter with a light.

If you show up early and get straight to competing you could possibly finish all 5 courses before dark.

Link to USRCCA Rules
http://www.usrcca.com/usrcca_rules_2009

Last edited by NaZ-T; 07-29-2009 at 03:38 PM.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Flyer added
Old 07-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
Oliver Custom Knives

Just wondering if there is on site campng ? Comp fee's ?

Thanks
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
Just wondering if there is on site campng ? Comp fee's ?

Thanks
Yes there will be a bunch of us camping and no fees.

I had a good time judging with ya in Colorado. It'd be awesome to have you.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Weather is lookin cloudy but it'll keep the temps down to a cool 70, very nice for August.

Checking the comp supplies now. and should be ready to hit the road in an hour or so. Cya Beotches on the rox.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
RCC Addict

perfect day for crawling in August, high's in the 70's . Plus some rain to control the dust. See ya in a few hours.
SPECIAL ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Man what a great time!!

The weather was top notch, you couldn't get any better for August. Wish all our comps had this kinda weather.

The courses were real good I thought. Very doable and super challenging. You had to drive smart to even hope to finish. There were some super vertical sections, and some crazy off camber stuff, along with some canyons that you had to make sure you kept all your tires on the walls. Most of them covering a good amount of real estate. I don't know about everyone else but I really liked the courses.

Well I was tearing it up on my first 3 courses and setting the standard as I went, only to have my radio batteries die on me (I didn't figure it out till after I had borrowed Snowmans radio to finish). I wasn't able to recover after taking out a gate and a repair and ended pointing out on courses 5. I was able to regain my composure and finished my last courses with another negative run though. Tim/Tuner stole the show he was the first guy to run and showed us all why he's going to worlds. He made even the hardest courses look simple. This guy can straight up drive!! Good job Tim. I didn't get to see to many others run do to my radio issues, but from what I saw and heard. Some drivers were on a roll and looking good only to make a fatal mistake costing them a courses or two. While others finished all courses but struggled to get low scores. Thanks again to all the drivers that continue to come out and support the best R/C club in the world 801RCC.

The 1.9's were great. I love the laid back vibe that everyone has it's seams like it's more about just driving than it is about winning or worrying about how good you did. I had a blast running 1.9's with you guys, even if it was in the dark and we couldn't see much.

The after hours are more memorable than the comps in most cases, if you stay to see all the craziness that happens anyway. I know I had a blast stumbling around and talking to everyone. MurfDog bombing in and doing laps around the camp fire naked on the 50 is a horrible sight that is now etched in my mind . I'm glad he was still alive in the morning Hanging out with everyone at the comps is the real reason to go and by far the best part of the comps.

Personal thanks
Bob: for always being there to make shit happen
DeanO: for taking my judging duty so I could fix my rig. Thanks a ton man. Sorry it took so long
Snowman: for letting me borrow his radio to finish my courses
J-rad: for driving out with me (hate driving out there alone)
Murfdog, Chewy, and Tuner: for stepping up and taking time away from their day to judge.
Mac10 and others: for picking up garbage in the morning and helping keep our crawl spots clean.
High Pines: Always bring the fun stuff, flare's, glow sticks, and for just being a cool down ass group of guys
T.T the guys from IR/CR: bringing out the Honey Bucket, good times, and memories too
The other judges: for stepping up so Bob and I could take a comp off from judging..... Oh wait...
I'm sure that I missed some people.
Most of all I want to thank everyone for coming out and supporting 801RCC
Old 08-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Default Scores

801RCC '09 Comp, Event #8 "August AfterBurn"
August 15th, 2009 (8/15/09)

2.2's

1.9's