Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: HobbyTown "Crawl for Cash" --> Oct. 10th, 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #221
Rock Crawler

Want to throw in my thanks for a great time today, a most excellent comp.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #222
RCC Addict

Thanks to Mike for another fun event. All the hard work was obvious and appreciated.
Another big thanks to Dan for excellent courses.
Thanks to all the sponsors, they were very generous, most everyone went home with nice prizes.
And also thanks to the whole HTC, judges and scorekeeps, the day ended much earlier than we all expected which was due to your hard work.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #223
I wanna be Dave

A big THANK YOU to Mike and staff for putting on a great comp..

and thanx to ROCKCAD for the crazy courses... and leting me be a part of the judgeing crew.....

GREAT TIME........
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #224
Rock Stacker

Awesome Comp.

Tough Course

Great Friends

New Friends

LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE.

THANK YOU MIKE!

GREAT COURSE DAN

THANK ALL JUDGES FOR YOUR HARD WORK. (mike and dean, i hope you enjoyed the cold pizza)
NSR ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #225
Like a boss...

Thank you so much for all the kind words drivers. I'm really glad everyone enjoyed themselves. That's what we were shooting for.

I also appreciate all the comments about it being well run/organized. I think we spent a lot of time planning those details, glad to know it paid off.

Here's the results from yesterday. Sorry for the slight delay - was waiting on a confirmation of one score missing.

Big Congratulations to Dean Hall. I was so thrilled when I found out afterwards this was his first big win. Very cool. CONGRATS DEAN! Excellent driving and that Losi MOA is dialed. I appreciate you letting me take the winning rig for a spin afterwards.

I'm heading out the door right now to go open up the shop, but I just wanted to get these up for everyone.

I'd like to just throw out my own thanks to everyone one more time too.

Thank you to all the Sponsors who donated items, especially the ones that attended the event.

Huge, Huge thank you to Badger for coming up and doing the live feed. I really think that made this comp just extra special for all our drivers. I met John for the first time about a year ago and we talked about doing this at one point in the future. Couldn't have been better timing.

Thank you to my Judges, Scorekeepers. It was a long day, I sure appreciate you donating your time and expertise to this event. You guys are top notch.

And lastly, I wouldn't be a good boss if I didn't thank my staff. Especially my brother Ricky, he's worked just as hard as I have along the way, even going as far as babysitting my kids one night so I could get stuff done. I also had 4-5 guys volunteer to come help yesterday at the course and they made my life so much easier yesterday. And the guys in the store, held down fort and kept me from ever having to think twice about it. Thank you.

-Mike

Oh yeah. Thank you Anthony....for bringing Margo.

Last edited by mann0mann; 10-11-2009 at 03:12 PM.
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #226
Pebble Pounder

I too want to thank Mike and Dan (and everyone who helped) for putting on a great comp. Where else can you get all that for $5.00? All the competitors were great to work with and showed real sportsmanship. I really appreciated the ones who called out their own penalties too .

Thanks for all the congrats on getting the win. I didnt expect it with all the talent that was there. My first, finally.

Thanks to Jake for spotting for me, always a big help.

Thanks to Mike for scoring all day with me, you really helped me out in the tough sections where i couldnt see everything. I think we only took 1 pee and 1 valium break all day.

And thanks to NSRaccord for the pizza. You will now be known as pizza guy.

Congrats to the other top 5 finishers - Bryan, Big Joe, Sniper guy and i cant remember the last one off the top of my head. Sorry. Oops, just saw that it was Travis. Good job guys.

Last edited by TS7867; 10-11-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: updating
TS7867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #227
Rock Crawler

I don't believe I can add anymore to what's already been said! Thanks again Mike and good job to everyone. GREAT COMP! Oh ya thanks Anthony! Congrats to Dean for his first big finish, I think this was bigger than Pinks all out, congrats top five!

Last edited by PEE WEE; 10-11-2009 at 12:10 PM.
PEE WEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #228
ghetto fabulous newbie

Here let me fix this for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann0mann View Post
Big Congratulations to Dean Hall. I was so thrilled when I found out afterwards this was his first big win. Very cool. CONGRATS DEAN! Excellent driving and that CDW Losi MOA is dialed. I appreciate you letting me take the winning rig for a spin afterwards.
CONGRATS DEAN! maybe ill get you your shirt soon.

Last edited by yotachump; 10-11-2009 at 12:43 PM.
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #229
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
Oh yeah. Thank you Anthony....for bringing Margot.
You bet...But her name is Margo.
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #230
Rock Crawler

Default .

It's been less than 24hrs sins we finished the comp and I'm already joansin for the next one November's coming up! How about this? "The Thanksgiving Crawl Like A Turkey Run" Just a thought!
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #231
Rock Crawler

Great idea saxton im in
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #232
I wanna be Dave

awsome comp guys! great courses seen some people I havent seen in ages! cant wait for the next one!!!!!!
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #233
Relaxed !

Quote:
Thank you so much for all the kind words drivers. I'm really glad everyone enjoyed themselves. That's what we were shooting for.

I also appreciate all the comments about it being well run/organized. I think we spent a lot of time planning those details, glad to know it paid off.

Here's the results from yesterday. Sorry for the slight delay - was waiting on a confirmation of one score missing.

Big Congratulations to Dean Hall. I was so thrilled when I found out afterwards this was his first big win. Very cool. CONGRATS DEAN! Excellent driving and that Losi MOA is dialed. I appreciate you letting me take the winning rig for a spin afterwards.

I'm heading out the door right now to go open up the shop, but I just wanted to get these up for everyone.

I'd like to just throw out my own thanks to everyone one more time too.

Thank you to all the Sponsors who donated items, especially the ones that attended the event.

Huge, Huge thank you to Badger for coming up and doing the live feed. I really think that made this comp just extra special for all our drivers. I met John for the first time about a year ago and we talked about doing this at one point in the future. Couldn't have been better timing.

Thank you to my Judges, Scorekeepers. It was a long day, I sure appreciate you donating your time and expertise to this event. You guys are top notch.

And lastly, I wouldn't be a good boss if I didn't thank my staff. Especially my brother Ricky, he's worked just as hard as I have along the way, even going as far as babysitting my kids one night so I could get stuff done. I also had 4-5 guys volunteer to come help yesterday at the course and they made my life so much easier yesterday. And the guys in the store, held down fort and kept me from ever having to think twice about it. Thank you.

-Mike

Oh yeah. Thank you Anthony....for bringing Margot.

man i've been married over two weeks and i still put mindy in with the last name of coleman and not howe!
now thats funny right there!
great job of doin work dean, you gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!
way to go guy's
Randy
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #234
Like a boss...

Sorry Randy, I filled out some of the names I knew prior to the event. Up until just recently, she wasn't a howe. :-)
Old 10-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #235

Default Great Time yesterday!

Again, great job to Mike and the whole crew at Hobby Town, this comp went so well and ran so smooth. I feel privileged to be a part of it and look forward to one a month! Jokes Mike! But who knows, maybe one a quarter. Congrats Dean for gett'in those greenbacks! Big thanks to all the judges and people who helped out.

And for my last shameless plug, I want everyone to know that attended that if anyone needs anything from me and Toyota Walnut Creek I will offer discounts to all on parts, service or vehicles that you might need, just pm me for whatever your needs are.

Thanks,
John Schafer / iPhonewizz
iphonewizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #236
Relaxed !

Quote:
Sorry Randy, I filled out some of the names I knew prior to the event. Up until just recently, she wasn't a howe. :-)
no prob mike it took me a while to let her be a howee! o shoot here she comes gotta go LOL
thanks again oh and john i will be callin ya soon,momma wants an fj now,
Randy
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #237
Like a boss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonewizz View Post
Again, great job to Mike and the whole crew at Hobby Town, this comp went so well and ran so smooth. I feel privileged to be a part of it and look forward to one a month! Jokes Mike!
We can do one next month. It might have to be "Crawl for Coins" though.

I've got a nice state quarter collection I can put up for first place.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #238
Pebble Pounder

I'm sorry I missed this comp but with football on Fridays and weight lifting on Saturdays for 6 more weeks I'll make them some day. Hopefuly I'll have a new berg by then.
EZY RYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #239
Like a boss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxtonSlaughter View Post
It's been less than 24hrs sins we finished the comp and I'm already joansin for the next one November's coming up! How about this? "The Thanksgiving Crawl Like A Turkey Run" Just a thought!

I still think we should have thrown a few pumpkins on the course and had a gate going over them.

Maybe we'll do that at the next midnight crawl.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #240
Rock Crawler

Default .

lol Nice!
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote