Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: RECON Sub-Zero Round 2!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RECON Sub-Zero Round 2!

Go To WWW.RECONCRAWLERS.COM for more info.
Spucknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
TEAM RCC

Im there.
bcrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Relaxed !

sococrew is gonna b there!
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Well, well, well, did the RECON Sub-Zero Series rnd 2 hold up to all the hype. We are use to Pro Drivers from all over Nor-Cal and Nor-Nev showing up to comps, but what makes the season of r/c crawling so special, is that those same Pro Drivers are bringing thier families with them. With the introduction of the "RECON Ranger" Class and FCC Class, we have families competing together and what better way to spend family time, than on the rocks.

First, PL is one of the few places that I've been to that "feels" spiritual. So to comp there was a true blessing. We will start with our version of a youth group, the Rangers. The Ranger Class is the primere 12 and under 2.2 rock crawling class in the country. Rnd 2 seen r/c crawlings West Coast prodical son, Devon Zanter, making his first Northern Nevada RECON Comp. All the Rangers put on a great driving exhibition and my oh my, it did not take long after their “Mucca” baptismal, these kids are getting it!

Yes, it takes more effort and volunteer work, but the kids are worth it. Our future pro drivers are throwin’ down in the RECON Rangers Class and our future looks bright!

Here are the R.E.C.O.N. Ranger Class results:

Attachments:

http://www.reconcrawlers.freeforums....ults-t188.html

Link:
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

2.2 Sport Class, stand up and receive the blessings that I’m about to bestow on you. Reverend Parker is gonna remove the bad driving demon from your comp game and I will show you the light of driving smart. Can I get an “AMEN”.

R.E.C.O.N. takes its mission statement, seriously and the 2.2 Sport Class is testament to our commitment to delivering better drivers to the r/c crawling congregation. Rnd 2 saw some sport gates that were straight from hell and placed there by the devil himself! Fire and Brimestone was considered course 1 and 2. As drivers walked across the sand to courses 3, 4, and 5, they looked behind them and only noticed one set of foot prints in the sand. When these devotionally weak drivers asked Reverend Parker why he wasn’t’ with them in their time of on course need, the reply was obvious, it was baptismal nite at the brothel and a man of the loin cloth’s work is never done.

But, don’t despair, Reverend Parker never abandons his flock of Sport drivers. The PL courses sung the sweet words of victory to Chris W. His AXIAL AX-10 took him to the top of the pulpet, while others held a special prayer group.

I have to give madd props to a driver that has the potential to epitomize the r/c rock crawling scene. Cole B. was thrown into the depths of Hell by Reverend Parker, armed only with some holy (sh!t) water and the giddeons edition for r/c comps known as Judges Score Sheets. Young Cole Judged all day and then drove well enough for a podium tie. The Queen of Shoot Outs and one of r/c crawlings angels, Cassie J, battled it out for 2nd and third. This time, young Cole fell victim to the Queen. Better luck next time Cole. Thank you for all the hard work and a great day of judging.

A special thanks to one of the newest RECON members, Steve H., he was the sacraficial comp virgin that pleased the rock gods and minimized sport class breakage.

Here are your Sport Class results:

link:http://www.reconcrawlers.freeforums....ults-t188.html
Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

As I walk through the valley of courses set by Satan, I shall fear no gate placement, I shall turn the other cheek when I see a hell bent alternate line, and when the temptation of joining the PPP enters my thoughts, I will repent and yell from the highest steeple in the land, “Reverend Parker, save my rock crawlin’ soul from the potatoe patch and bless me with the love beads of faith!”

In the book of comps, it is written, that a pro driver shall place his rig on course and “DO WORK”. Regardless of 6 foot vertical climbs, ledges that are cover in puke, or chest deep water, a driver pro driver will deliver the sermon of great driving. Through adversity, we find our inner strength, or in Werty’s case, the complete baptizing of his rig in PL did not stop this talented minister of course domination. From blue jeans to sweats, young Werty dried out his rig, called off the coast guard, threw an extra handful of change in the tithe bucket and did work. Great job, Werty! Stand up and receive the dog tag of RECON’s aqua assault team.

Can the choir sing a song about broken parts and crumpled confidence. Breakage is spelled in the book of comps, P-Y-R-A-M-I-D L-A-K-E. Not just a rod end, but blown ring and pinions, splintered shafts like toothe pick and praise the Super 300’s. Another great man of the crawler cloth is SuperDave, the mind behind the super 300’s. This man vision of a cvd for the hardest of hardcore drivers is not a Sunday school fable, it is one of the 10 commandments of the book of comps. Thank you SuperDave, we had non-believers pass out and some overtaken by the holy ghost when they witnessed the abuse that the super 300’s can take.

The Faber Brothers, no, not the cross dressing gospel group, (although, they might look good in hot pink leather mini skirt with stilletoes…), RECON’s Faber Brothers bring the gospel when they are on course. It is hard to find any better drivers that teach their knowledge to up and comers. Troy and Jeremy embrace the adventure of competition and if you ever get a chance to share comp time with them do it!

I would like to thank Amer for judging course 3, also know as the RECON holy water dunk tank. It was amazing to have to time the waves to make gate 1 and whoever was cursed with satan’s salad, I feel sorry for ya, that gunk was nasty. Amers our converted twin sticker and we were pleased with the performance that he put on behind the sticks.
Great Job!

As it is written in the book of comps, drivers shall climb the mountain top to be blessed with a course fit for r/c crawling Kings. Those drivers that dared the climb, received just that. RECON’s own chuior boy, Spuknit, was welcoming the pilgrims onto his heavenly course 5.

I would like to thank all the judges, volunteers, sha-no-no for scorekeeping, and of course, all the drivers that attended.

Thank you to all the RECON members and our sponsors. We can’t do what we do without the support that you provide.

Here are your 2.2 PRO Results:

link:

http://www.reconcrawlers.freeforums....ults-t188.html
Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Here's some pics. (hopefully)

So that didn't work very well, my web wheeler membership card is going to get revoked.

Here is a link:

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...mid%20Nov2009/
Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The water looked warm!

dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

At least no one went into water @ your pacific grove comp. Dave, maybe you need to step it up a notch!!!! hahahahahahahahaha
Folsom lake is coming up right?
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Is that a "spy" pic of Losi's new cooling method??????

Okay, dpdsurf, I'm signing up for another one of your web wheelin' classes.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE View Post
At least no one went into water @ your pacific grove comp. Dave, maybe you need to step it up a notch!!!! hahahahahahahahaha
Folsom lake is coming up right?
My new secret weapon for the next Pacific Grove comp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7cg0...eature=related

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Is that a "spy" pic of Losi's new cooling method??????

Okay, dpdsurf, I'm signing up for another one of your web wheelin' classes.
Anytime. Copy the "Image Code" from the Photobucket pic you want and paste into your thread. (P.S., I typed this slowly )
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote