Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Central Missouri Crawling Comp #3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Central Missouri Crawling Comp #3

Mark your calendars, we’re having our third rock crawling competition in Central Missouri on March 25. Get your trucks done and bring them to Capen park in Columbia for some friendly competition. There will be a 2.2 class and a Super Class. The comp begins at 11AM, but there will be a few of us there around 10 AM to get the course set up.

To get to Capen Park From I-70:

Exit I-70 at the HIGHWAY 63 interchange (exit number 128A).

Take Highway 63 South to the STADIUM BLVDexit.

Head West on E STADIUM BLVD [MO-740] and go about 1.5 miles

Turn Left on S ROCK QUARRY RD and go 0.2 miles

Turn Left on CAPEN PARK DR and go 0.2 miles to the parking lot.
KSchweikert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I'm going to try to make it!

Last edited by dezfan; 02-27-2006 at 05:14 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Just a reminder that the comp is in 12 days. I want to see all the regulars plus some new folks. We are going to make this course at least as challenging as last time and maybe just a bit harder. There are dozens of great lines to choose from and some that are right on the edge of the cliff that are very difficult. If you've never been to Capen Park, it's the best place I've seen for crawling. Even if you don't want to compete, it's worth it just to come and watch.

Kelly
Old 03-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I will be there! Maybe I will have a 2.2 ready, maybe..
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Talking

Ill see if I can make it.
95MoYj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I would like to come, just to spectate....seeing I don't have a rig yet, but I would like to see the goin' on of these comps
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'm going to be there and I know that Tony's going to be there as well. Hopefully Steve and Tyler will join in, but I don't know if they have to work or not.

Capen is THE place to go crawling!!! There are an unlimited array of lines to choose, depending upon how brave you and your truck are!

Kelly, Tony and I are going to try and get there a bit early to help out in setting up the course. There are a couple of areas that we have tried out that might make good gates.
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

I plan to bring the tennis balls, sidewalk chalk, score sheets and rules. I just printed a copy of the 2006 RCC rules that I'll compare to the 2005 rules. We'll need a couple of volunteers to keep score and it would be nice if we could get this comp on video. If anyone has a video camera and would like to be the official camera man that would be great.
Hope for good weather.
Kelly
Old 03-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I can bring my video camera, but it's only a Hi-8. I can, however, take the video from it and record it to DVD with my standalone DVD-Recorder, if that's desirable for all. Tony has a DV Camcorder. I'll check with him. Maybe someone could bring along an "assistant" who could man the camera(s).

I'll be praying for better weather than our last comp at Cosmo! Brrrr, freaking brrrrr!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Cool, sounds like it there is going to be a good turn out!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Oh, one more thing. I just finished installing my little micro color camera on the front axle. Now I have an axle view of my crawling. The camera is powered by a 9V battery and I've wired up the receiver to run off of one as well. Tony is going to see if his laptop has a composite video-in. If so, we should be able to record my run up the course. I wish there was some sort of power out there, as I would bring my DVD recorder and just record directly onto it.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman72
Oh, one more thing. I just finished installing my little micro color camera on the front axle. Now I have an axle view of my crawling. The camera is powered by a 9V battery and I've wired up the receiver to run off of one as well. Tony is going to see if his laptop has a composite video-in. If so, we should be able to record my run up the course. I wish there was some sort of power out there, as I would bring my DVD recorder and just record directly onto it.
Never been to Capen park. Think anyone would mind if I brought my generator. :?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:24 PM   #13
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

might be a bit noisy. A power inverter would be much more pleasing to the park go-ers. I know a few people that could get one for the video.

I got one of those cameras too. I havent hooked it up yet though.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:36 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobholmes
might be a bit noisy. A power inverter would be much more pleasing to the park go-ers. I know a few people that could get one for the video.

I got one of those cameras too. I havent hooked it up yet though.
I got you. Think is pretty noisy!
Old 03-17-2006, 06:22 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

It's WAY cool, John. I really want to mount it up higher...more of an "in-car" view through the windshield. I may work on the mounting some before the comp. Right now, the camera's a bit too low.

I'm going to ask some friends to see if one of them has an inverter that I can use. I've got a PS1 LCD screen that I want to use that uses very little power. I'll need to check the DVD-recorder to see what the power consumption is, but I doubt it's very much. I could probably get away with a 75W inverter.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:36 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

I'm glad everyone is excited about the comp. Any video we can get is better than nothing. If more than one person wants to shoot video, we can always merge all the good clips into one big comp video. An axle camera sounds very cool.
My 2 year old son loves watching RC rock crawling videos. He gets excited when he spots my truck in the one Brad took last summer.
Kelly
Old 03-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Well, we'll have at least two camcorders there...may have to pass them between folks who aren't driving at the time. I would personally like to have a cool video to show my friends who have absolutely no idea about what I'm talking about when I mention "going crawling".

Problem solved on capturing the vid from the axle cam. Ends up, Tony has a 90W power inverter, which should be plenty to power my LCD and the DVD-recorder.

I'm looking SO forward to the comp. Oh, and I'm still working on getting some CMRCRC stickers made for us.

See ya'll next weekend!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman72
Well, we'll have at least two camcorders there...may have to pass them between folks who aren't driving at the time. I would personally like to have a cool video to show my friends who have absolutely no idea about what I'm talking about when I mention "going crawling".

Problem solved on capturing the vid from the axle cam. Ends up, Tony has a 90W power inverter, which should be plenty to power my LCD and the DVD-recorder.

I'm looking SO forward to the comp. Oh, and I'm still working on getting some CMRCRC stickers made for us.

See ya'll next weekend!
I'll take a DOZEN!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:37 AM   #19
The Wheels Keep Turning

I added you guys to the calendar. Hope it turns out to be a great event. Looking forward to results and pics.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:54 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Just a couple more days now until the comp. Right now the forcast for Saturday is 49 degrees with some sun. That's about 20 degrees warmer than our December comp.

See everyone Saturday.
Kelly