Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 801RCC 2011 Point Series Comp, Event #1 "Frigid Funk"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC 2011 Point Series Comp, Event #1 "Frigid Funk"

801RCC 2011 Point Series Comp, Event #1 "Frigid Funk"

The 2011 Point Series is kickin off, so make sure to check those rigs and bring your A game. 801RCC is loaded with great veteran drivers and with a bunch of new guys lookin to be serious threats this year. With the driver roster 801RCC has and the competition level of the rigs these drivers are building, there are a bunch of guys that could take it this year. It'll be a tough battle and I'm sure the points spread will be tight. So put on your game face and come show your skills and setups with some of the best drivers on some the most awesome terrain with good friend and good people and great memories.

-When-
Jan 8th '11
-1/8/11-

9-9:30 Course setup
9:45 group pics and drivers meeting
10:00 Competition starts

-Where-
Black Rock

NAME: Black Rock
TERRAIN: Small to large jagged boulders, sand
TRACTION: very low to extremely high

Black Rock is just west of the marina @ the great salt lake. Take the Saltair exit head west on the frontage road north of the freeway. Follow it a few miles take the dirt road on the left and you cant miss.

801RCC uses USRCCA rules
http://www.usrcca.com/rules/2010.pdf

This year we'll be adding a course cut of time. All courses will be closed @ 3:30pm. Only judges will be allowed to run after cutoff time.
If you are in line for a course you'll be allowed to finish the course you are in line for, but you'll not be allowed to run any additional courses. This is to help speed things up and allow the judges to run in a timely manner.

this is a FREE comp and open to anyone running a USRCCA legal 2.2 or 1.9 rig
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Super excited to get the new points series started!! This comp is a cold one...but should still be a blast!!
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

sweet, i am ready. me and some guys from logan are going to come down. do you think my car can get back there, or is there to much snow on the ground.
klaygrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Dang it. I won't be done with work until tomorrow afternoon.

Guess I will have to try and make the next one.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I can't wait to freeze my ass off tomorrow with all awesome dudes! N
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
RCC Addict

As I pulled into black Rock I could see that the High Pines crew had already been hard at work clearing courses and setting up a fire to keep everyone warm. After saying our hellos a few other had arrived, so with everyone's help we went straight to work setting up what soon would be some of the most difficult and awesome courses this year After setup we went into our usual routine of drivers meeting and group pics. Just after 10 competition got under way. Within the first hour it was apparent that course 3 was the most difficult. Only 4 drivers finished it all day. Early on Tuner was the guy to beat. He was the only driver to finish course 3, till later in the day. He carried his momentum on to the next couple courses but had a rough run on course 5 opening the door for some other drivers to sneak in. Later in the day T-money came though with a great run on course 3 giving him a good opportunity at one of the top spots. T-money kept his cool and did work on the remaining courses, giving him a comfortable finish. Mean while, MurfDog had started his runs too, and was well on his was to earning a top spot. MurfDog also had a very good finish on course 3 locking him in as a top finisher. T-money continued to have good runs through the remaining courses, but MurfDog was right there, finishing his runs with good scores too. By the end of the day most were sure MurfDog, T-money and Tuner were the top three. In the end MurfDogs calm nerves, great setup and killer driving earned him the coveted 1st place with T-money close behind in 2nd and Tuner finishing out the top three.

I had a great time!! The courses were awesome, especially for a winter comp with snow. Yes we'll do better on the 1.9's next time. My 2.2 felt better than I thought it would (maiden voyage and all) and even with the setup a bit off I was able to drive it to a good finish. Congrates to Murf for the win (I'm pretty sure it's his first win). Good job. You looked very controlled and comfortable behind the radio and your scores show it. It was nice to see everyone jump right into running. I didn't have to wait on drivers and we finished up in a timely manner. It was great to see some old faces out. Hope to see you at the next one too. A huge thanks to everyone that makes these events possible and for all the help and participation and most of all the memories. Can't wait till Wendover!!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
RCC Addict

H&R Stone came through with some sick trophies for the top 3 again.
Thanks Louie

Hope to see a few more pics from the comp
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
RCC Addict

801RCC 2011 Point Series Comp, Event #1 "Frigid Funk"
Jan 8th 2011 -1/8/11-

2.2's

1.9's