Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 801RCC 2011 Point Series Comp, Event #3 "ShamROCK Showdown" AWCC qualifier #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #141
RCC Addict

It was a good time.

And HUGE thanks to whoever it was that lent me the Zip-tie! It held my servo on for the last 3 courses!
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Another Shamrock Showdown and I couldn't find that damn little lepricahn, but what I did find was worth way more than a pot of gold. The 801RCC crew is family to me and their hospitality is second to none. Every 801RCC hosted event that I've been to is a true family friendly affair and I had a blast again putting the XR-10-alicious thru every course on that awesome red rock.

Congrats to Dani for putting Swedish rubber to rock. His driving has improved greatly and seeing you guys again; priceless. Thanks for the shirt and I can't wait to share comp time with you again in the near future.

I unleashed the Pit Bulls for a comp and laced up Axials new 2.2 scale tire, the Rip Saw. All I can say is forget the wood, these tire cut up the rock and even though the contact patch was narrower than my Rock Beasts, the tire pulled some amazing M.L.B.'s (Mans line, Bitch!) and the compound was stickier than a molassas thong on August Saturday night in Dothan, AL. I had a blast driving these tires and the stock foams worked very well. Some foam tuning and this scale tire could be right at home on a comp rig.

I already miss everyone and I look forward to seeing most of you at the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships. Congrats to the top 10 for qualifying and a big round of applause for Ryan Winkleman. This man laid down a -20 on a T-Money's course at the end of the day that was as good as it gets and the icing on the cake was watching Jess score a -20 on her last course of the day. Way to "do work" girl!

Thank you 801RCC and brutha from another mutha, Mike Thompson and all the volunteers and sponsors who made this Shamrock Showdown on to toast green beer to.

Thank you to my sponsors, Axial Racing, Vanquish Products, Pit Bull Tires, T1E, CDW, and Brood Motors. Your great products made my XR-10-alicious work great and look even better.

See ya'll at the next one wearing a kilt sporting a polished shillalagh and I'll find that Utah Rock or some play dough.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #143
Gold Star Baby!

here is a quick video from sat after the comp...
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

great job on the cam. Marc, and congratz again to your 4th place.

was great to see you guys again for a couple of days

regards

Dani

just hanging on the Vegas airport and awaiting the flight to Atlanta...
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #145
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
here is a quick video from sat after the comp...
Great footage, Marc! That GoPro is so bitchin, can't wait to get mine Sweet job on the editing too, good pace.

I'll work on the teaser this week, hopefully have it up soon. Thanks for giving me some great footage everybody, those red rocks sure look pretty on camera!
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #146
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
Great comp... I had a blast despite being off my game all day.

Thanks 801! You guys always put on fun events. I wish Jess and I could have stuck around a little bit longer to hang out with everybody at Iggys
Everyone has a bad day Jake. Looks like your Sunday was just as much fun...from these pics on RCCA looks like you had a blast. I think the first is worthy of a caption contest. "Break my rig and I'll tape you to the wall."

Joel
Attached Images

SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #147
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM DEBEAD View Post
Great footage, Marc! That GoPro is so bitchin, can't wait to get mine Sweet job on the editing too, good pace.

I'll work on the teaser this week, hopefully have it up soon. Thanks for giving me some great footage everybody, those red rocks sure look pretty on camera!

Well thank you very much my whole goal is to get real good with filming and editing so i can make some killer mtn bike,dirt bike and crawlin videos for me and my AWESOME kids..RCC gives me the plat form to learn and for some to ENJOY my learning curve..I will not chase your filming career..you do some amazing work..I do this video stuff for ME

so back to this thread and GET that TEASER video DONE !!!!! LOL
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #148
Rock Crawler

Thanks jake for letting me know I'm only as good as your worst day hahaha
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #149
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Everyone has a bad day Jake. Looks like your Sunday was just as much fun...from these pics on RCCA looks like you had a blast. I think the first is worthy of a caption contest. "Break my rig and I'll tape you to the wall."

Joel

I think they captured the exact moment that my enegry drink was wearing off on Sunday. Talk about a marathon weekend...
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Here are some scores....

Last edited by Chaotic Crawlers; 03-22-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

1st up I want to throw out a BIG thanks for all you do to Mike T...he works really really hard to put these events on and I'm sure it's hard to keep things fun all the time when you have to put in so much work!! Great Job Mike!!

Also want to thank all the 801 crew for putting on a sick event....I had a blast despite being really sick all weekend....(my scores show it)

I want to thank the Tuna club for letting me chill in the Tuna Torpedo and for letting me run 1.9's with you guys!! it was a big help...thanks

also thanks to all the judges its a tough long day for you guys and I know it cant be rough..thanks!!

thanks to all the out of state guys for coming and supporting 801...it was great to meet new faces and put some faces to screen names..lol

Congrats to Winkscrawler for some Simply amazing runs!! it was a pleasure watching you run your rig like it was 2nd nature!!
and it was great talking to you and meeting you...Ryan is one heck of a nice guy....hope to make it down to AZ for some comps this season...

thanks everybody.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #152
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post

I already miss everyone and I look forward to seeing most of you at the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships. Congrats to the top 10 for qualifying and a big round of applause for Ryan Winkleman. This man laid down a -20 on a T-Money's course at the end of the day that was as good as it gets and the icing on the cake was watching Jess score a -20 on her last course of the day. Way to "do work" girl!

Thank you 801RCC and brutha from another mutha, Mike Thompson and all the volunteers and sponsors who made this Shamrock Showdown on to toast green beer to.
Thank you Parker, Mike Thompson and the 801 Crew, and all the other judge/volunteers. You guys put on a great event and have some crazy sick rock to play on. Its hard for me to believe how frustrated I was getting on Friday when I was testing/tuning my truck on the sand stone. I couldn't get it to work like I wanted. Maybe I am just so accustomed to way more traction. Apparently it worked out just fine. I look forward to visiting again since its only 6 hours away. See you guys for the Sate Championships if I am still allowed. I will bring my 1.9 game then too. I tossed it together last minute with less than adequate electronics and it showed.(Stole the good stuff for my new Super build) Till next time guys

Now, where are the pics?

Last edited by winkscrawler; 03-22-2011 at 03:01 PM.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #153
Pebble Pounder

I just want to add my thanks to the 801 RC guys and everybody for being there and sending all my love to the Judges

I'll try not to be as nervous next time but damn all you dudes and ladies are so pro
swollen goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #154
Rock Crawler

Saw these thought id link them

Shamrock Showdown Utah / AWCC Qualifier 2 - Day 1 vid

Utah-St George 19.-20. März
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #155
Rock Crawler

Here's a link to my Teaser Vid, enjoy

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...21#post3010221
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote