Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Any comps in or near New England?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Any comps in or near New England?

Looking for any comps in or near New England
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Is it safe to say that there aren't any comps in or near New England?

Last edited by MattH; 05-17-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #3

Default New England Crawling

I'm building my first crawler and am looking for people and places to crawl with and at. I would also like to see some comeptition in this area so I can get an idea of how it works. I live in Amherst, MA. Anyone out there in MA,CT, NY, or NJ?? Let me hear from you.
sauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

OK, sorry if I get anybody rubbed the wrong way with this, but NERCC has been crawling in CT and MA (and posting about it on RCC!!) for 3 years now. We've had our own website for 2 years (NERCC.NET). For the first 2 years, it was the same 4 guys at EVERY CRAWL. All this time, we've been looking for people to jump in. The most we have ever seen is 7 or 8 pages of people who type about crawling, and never show up to actually do it.
Now there is a few new threads about crawling in New England, and people looking for other crawlers like it is something new around here. We've been here all along. Where have y'all been? What happened to that saying about "If you build it, they will come"????? We built it, and nobody came.

I hate to say it, but:

USE THE SEARCH MENU. It isn't there because it looks good.

**EDIT**: You don't even have to use the search function. We are in the club directory on RCC.

Last edited by fullmodtxt; 05-16-2006 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added club directory note
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Spoken like a true pissed off hippie. Seriously guys. Do a search next time. There is a NERCC meeting nearly every month. We meet all over the New England Area. Last month we met in Hopkinton MA, and the month before that it was in CT. We dont do any competitions, nor will we. We prefer to have fun just fartin around on the rocks.
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Yup, what they said.
Trac95ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #7

Not offended, but I've been to the site and there are no dates for events and I've even written the e-mail address and as of this date got nothing back. Either I've missed something or the info is NOT as easy to find as you would lead one to believe. PS The attitude does not invite folks to join the merry band of crawlers either. Let's start over. When and where are the events and who should a newbie contact???
sauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

i believe matth originally posted about comps... not if there are new england clubs sauls if your interested in crawling sometime PM me i live near hartford
peej410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

We're a lot nicer in person, but we can sound tough over the interweb. We have no idea when the next crawl will be, or where it will be. But for future reference, look for NERCC. That's a pretty good indicater. It will usually be posted in the get together section.
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I'll repeat myself: are there any comps in or near New England.

While you suggest using the search function, I suggest using a dictionary to learn the difference between a "club" and a "competition."

The above statement isn't how I actually feel or talk to people, but to show you how annoying your attitude is. Seriously, guys, if you want people to join you, maybe you should tone down the self importance a little bit. I'm with sauls; let's start over.

I live over in western CT. If there's a GTG within an hour or so, I'll check it out.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

MattH, if you'd like to start over, it's cool. Here is an invitation to do it. I live in Waterbury. Trac95ker is in Shelton. Both of us are within an hour drive from Danbury. We crawl in both locations on a monthly (sometimes weekly) basis. You are welcome to attend any of our GTGs and start over. Waterbury location is a (usually) dry riverbed that is currently rained out. Maybe we can arrange something in Shelton this weekend? Have a cool location in Danbury? Post a few pics of the location, and I will drive out there to crawl.

We have people who drive 3 HOURS from MA to attend our GTGs in Waterbury and Shelton. Trac95ker and I have made multiple 3 hour trips to MA to return the favor.

So, who wants to crawl?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:19 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

This weekend I'm going to check out Branford Point. Yesterday (Wednesday), peej410 and I went crawling at a place I go in New Milford. It's called Lovers' Leap and has a decent amount of terrain if you explore a bit. You just have to watch out for the cliffs.

Last edited by MattH; 05-18-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:49 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Any way to get some pix posted from the New Milford crawl?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

i have 70 video clips, gotta con my gf into editing them into a movie tonite
Old 05-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

It's frustrating to put forth effort to arrange get togethers and have people not show. There will be 6 pages of I'll be there and then most of the time, just the regs. show. We would love to have more people come to our get togethers. Most of us feel that if you want to crawl or have people come to your neck of the woods, then newbies should make an effort to come to our crawl at least once. If you don't have transportation, theres a good chance someone will be able to help you out with a ride.

As far as comps, we prefer get togethers. It's not that we are against comps but we are a pretty laid back group and don't want to organize anything like that. There is no standard for vehicle size or shafties versus clods or wheelbase. If you would like to handle all the B.S. involved then do it at one of our crawls so you atleast won't be standing there alone. We know all the people who show and we welcome you to come join us. Maybe you can get the comp thing going and people may get interested. Most of us like to follow the same lines and see whos truck can do what. Theres a little competition in that. We just don't keep track of score.
Trac95ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:34 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

im all for it, ive been chompin at the bit to meet more crawler people to see how my rig stands up. so i will be there unless i lose a leg or something.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:06 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Trac, I agree %100 with your post. For anybody who wants to put together a comp, they'll have to be willing to handle every aspect of it on thier own. There has been a small amount of talk at NERCC crawls about comps, but it just doesn't fit in with our style. There has been 4 of us doing this for 3 years (with a few other people who have shown up once or twice), and it works well for all of us.

That doesn't mean that someone who wants to run the whole process couldn't try one. Come out to one of our events and try it. After that, atleast some of NERCC would show up to give a comp a try. That is, if somebody else does all the official stuff, and if our rigs would actually fit into any classes.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:35 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

To make a comp happen I believe it would be best to just have a "run what ya brung" class and maybe a 2.2 class if enough people had them.

I also don't think it's possible for one person to make it happen and run the whole thing. Everyone would probably have to help.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

id be interested in a comp but just marking a trail and doing follow the leader is good for me too. what rigs do most of you guys run ?
Old 05-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

http://www.autosportfab.com/movies/051706.mp4 theres a vid of the new milford crawl