Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: A different sort of penalty....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default A different sort of penalty....

I have been thinking about ways to liven up crawl days and no stakes fun comps we have without putting to much pressure on novice drivers. I want everyone to complete the courses regardless of points so i have a new form of penalties devised.

Time will be the deciding factor to win these courses.

If a gate marker is hit, the wheel that hit it has to be replaced with a wheel of a different size until the next successful gate clear.

If a vehicle rolls over, the driver has to do a legal rollover, then drive with the remote upside down and clear the last cleared gate.

If a vehicle completes the course to fast (time TBD) they will have to run the first 3 gates in reverse.

I'm looking for suggestions for other fun penalties to impose and the situations where you would impose them.
CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSafety View Post
I have been thinking about ways to liven up crawl days and no stakes fun comps we have without putting to much pressure on novice drivers. I want everyone to complete the courses regardless of points so i have a new form of penalties devised.

Time will be the deciding factor to win these courses.

If a gate marker is hit, the wheel that hit it has to be replaced with a wheel of a different size until the next successful gate clear.

If a vehicle rolls over, the driver has to do a legal rollover, then drive with the remote upside down and clear the last cleared gate.

If a vehicle completes the course to fast (time TBD) they will have to run the first 3 gates in reverse.

I'm looking for suggestions for other fun penalties to impose and the situations where you would impose them.
I know a certain driver from the south who would school everybody if this was enforced (not that he doesn't already...)

nothing wrong with adding some fun to the local comp scene... we've wanted to add a drawbridge or trampoline or something
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I've been trying to get 801rcc to use a catapult for years now!!!
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

my 2 cents,
Each novice/beginner driver gets to carry a rock the size of their fist to use as a cheater rock to help them throughout the course. (example 1:1 spotters stacking rocks for the driver.) They would be able to place the rock where ever they think it would help the truck with forward progress.
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHuffer View Post
my 2 cents,
Each novice/beginner driver gets to carry a rock the size of their fist to use as a cheater rock to help them throughout the course. (example 1:1 spotters stacking rocks for the driver.) They would be able to place the rock where ever they think it would help the truck with forward progress.
The penalty would be for them using the rock on their rig (as a hammer) if things don't go well!!!
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

BOOZE!!!

hit a gate do a shot. Roll over chug a beer. Loser has to get more beer..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
BOOZE!!!

hit a gate do a shot. Roll over chug a beer. Loser has to get more beer..
If you want to even things up, make it a 20 gate course, and require a driver take a shot every time a gate is cleared without penalty.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote