Thread: SARCCA comp#6 Brittle Rock 04/17

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SARCCA comp#6 Brittle Rock 04/17

Where: Brittle Rock
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...5&ie=UTF8&z=15

Date: Sunday 04/17

Time: course setup starts by 7:15 (if anyone doesn't like the courses that have been built recently than please feel free to show up and build some courses.) drivers on course by 8am.

Brittle Rock has paved parking but there are no amenities on site.

We will be competing 2.2 pro and sportsman on separate courses. There will be a scale run after the comp also.

If you plan to attend than please post up. Club attendace has been horrible lately and there has been no explanation for it. If anyone has any cares or concerns please bring them up. We would like this club to appeal to everyone and for everyone to enjoy attending, but we can't do so if we don't know what everyone would like out of the club.

Hope to see more people out this time.
timh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Im in ill have my esc by Wednesday im ready
jmontes_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm in
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #4

What!!!??? The courses have been too hard. But haven't we already had this discussion? Last season I got to Windy Pt by 7 and found that Erin and Tim had already made the courses. Didn't seem like anyone wanted my input. Don't forget we got into this to have fun rock crawling. Take the fun out of it and people will lose interest. Agree--disagree?
Barry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry G View Post
What!!!??? The courses have been too hard. But haven't we already had this discussion? Last season I got to Windy Pt by 7 and found that Erin and Tim had already made the courses. Didn't seem like anyone wanted my input. Don't forget we got into this to have fun rock crawling. Take the fun out of it and people will lose interest. Agree--disagree?
Barry, i agree and disagree. The courses are hard, thats why we started the true sportsman class. The majority of our pro drivers felt that our previous courses were not difficult enough. I understand it needs to be fun, its why i do it.

If anyone has a way to make everyone happy, I'm all for it. I want EVERYONE in the club to enjoy our comps. But on the same hand, I can only get feed back from a few members. I hear second hand that people aren't happy but thats it, never from them directly.

As for setting up courses, your right, but that happened one time and you never said a word to me that you were pissed. You haven't tried to come out early since then. Sorry, but I'm not a mind reader.

I don't want this to turn into a pissing match or be critical of who can drive in what class. I really enjoy driving pro and sportsman. But from a pros stand point, I may do very well at our level of comps, but I go up north and I'm lucky for top 10. National level, low to mid 30's. This is why the majority of our pros elected to step up the pro level of courses and add sportsman.

Hopefully we can work threw this again. But w/o your direct input, I'm not sure what changes need to be made if any. Let me know.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yes, the PRO courses have been hard, like Erin said, that is why we started making separate sportsman courses. If it is supposed to be fun than why get upset if any course is hard or easy anyway, it's just fun!!!

Barry, that one time at Windy Point was unfortunate, we had no idea you were coming early or we would have been happy to wait. This season we have waited til 7:15 and even 7:30 for others to show up and help build but still, no one else shows up early.

I think EVERYONE needs to understand what everyone else is looking for with this club. A group of us wants to step up the difficulty of the courses and improve our skills (which is fun for us) and the rest are there simply to play and have fun. If that can't be accomplished with 6 courses than I don't know what we can do????

We had 2 sportsman courses this last weekend that I got a -20 on. Now I don't think anyone could have called those courses too hard if a perfect score was possible. This club is doing this as competition either way, a competition is supposed to challenge a competitor. If anyone is looking at it as a fun crawl than maybe they don't want to compete??? We just really need everyone to communicate and tell us how they feel so that we can try and make this an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Ummmm....I was just going to post up I'm in...

-
TOMCAT18T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

You still are.......one point baby
Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #9

Thumbs down

I had hoped the seperate sportsmans courses would solve the problem for the less skilled drivers, but pros took the class over. The girls are too discouraged by getting 80 - 100 pts every time. Not eveyone in the club wants to or is good enough to compete in the nationals.
I think a novice class was in order, but now no one is left to run it.
desertjrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjrh View Post
I had hoped the seperate sportsmans courses would solve the problem for the less skilled drivers, but pros took the class over. The girls are too discouraged by getting 80 - 100 pts every time. Not eveyone in the club wants to or is good enough to compete in the nationals.
I understand your point. And I'm not criticizing anyone, but weren't they getting similar scores during last season? The sport courses at texas canyon were to difficult, I will be the first to admit that. But you guys missed great courses this weekend that were easily completeable and very fun.
I feel a big part of the girls having trouble has to do with the rig they are running. It needs a ton of tuning, not money thrown at it, but tuning.
If they werent both constantly fighting the rig, they could both concentrate on driving, and i think they would have a much better time. I'm more then willing to help you out with it anytime. This goes for anyone.

Hopefully the 4 of you and Barry can make it out and we can discuss this some in person.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "pro's took the class over"??? Is the problem that we are competing in that class also? We understand that not everyone want to increase their skill level by running harder pro courses, this was the reason for the sportsman courses being seperate.

Also, when you say that no one is left to run the novice/sportsman class what do mean by that. The goal was to get more novice drivers drivers to show up and build those courses, no one did so I guess it was left up to the pro drivers.

Last edited by timh; 04-06-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #12

They have always got high scores, but the courses have gotten harder also. I thinl they have improved alot over when we first started, but the scores have not shown that. As far as the rig, thier new one hasn't had the handling but i have had to constantly tune & upgrade to keep them at the level they are at. A sportsman shouldn't need a $1000 rig and a bunch of tuning to crawl the courses, its a sportsmans class.
We won't be at this one, the girls would rather go to the lucas oil short course races instead. Last week we didn't make it because of WEROCK. Amy & Andy have to work Saturdays & didn't want to miss it.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Maybe i was should have clarified when we started sportsman that it wasnt a novice class. I got the idea from other clubs who's pros built sportsman specific rigs to compete in a second class, a drivers class. And it buy no means takes a 1000$ dollars to build a rig for this class. I would say maybe 300-400$ max. Obviously, you could spend more.

I agree, they have both gotten much better, but i still say you are basing all this on texas canyon and that one comp has been an exception in regards to the rest. I really wish you would come out and setup courses with us. It is extremely difficult to do to suit everyones skill level. I do think we can come to a happy medium w sportsman, but pro is going to stay at the level it is at. Sorry.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Jack, look at the schedule and let me know when you all would have time, and we can meet at gates pass for a gtg.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #15

Tim,what i meant by no one left is all the novice level drivers have already quit besides us. Amy has to work sometimes until 2 am saturday night so I am suprised she even goes, & thats why we are notthere early to set up courses. I am not blaming anyone, maybe its us just not keeping up. Whatever it is we don't seem to be good enough to run anymore.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Tim,what i meant by no one left is all the novice level drivers have already quit besides us. Amy has to work sometimes until 2 am saturday night so I am suprised she even goes, & thats why we are notthere early to set up courses. I am not blaming anyone, maybe its us just not keeping up. Whatever it is we don't seem to be good enough to run anymore.
Not being good enough is bulls**t, sorry, I'm not buying that one at all. I'm more then willing to adjust courses some and will help you guys get the rigs running good. But if you just want to make comments like that, theres nothing i can do.

I dont want any of you to stop coming out, I enjoy all your company. And as far as losing other novices due to course difficulty, no one that has left has ever said that to me, and I asked, be certain.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Not being good enough is bulls**t, sorry, I'm not buying that one at all. I'm more then willing to adjust courses some and will help you guys get the rigs running good. But if you just want to make comments like that, theres nothing i can do.

I dont want any of you to stop coming out, I enjoy all your company. And as far as losing other novices due to course difficulty, no one that has left has ever said that to me, and I asked, be certain.
I think I got called a bull$=~!er & a liar.
The girls don't want to comp at that level, they aren't getting to drive enough & its not fun for them. Trying to get them to build scalers, think they would like that more. I will try to make it to as many as I can, but probably going to see less of Andy, Amy, & Missy.

Last edited by desertjrh; 04-06-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #18

By the way, I never was complaining about the pro courses, but I do think you need to have something for less skilled drivers. Things have been get increasingly more difficult since I've started. If my first comp was any of the winter series (pt1 or 2), with a $300 out of the box crawler, I probably would have been discouraged to come back.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Not a liar, i just think you saying your not good enough is bulls**t, thats all.

We can make it so the girls can come out and run w no point outs, just finish the courses and have fun. Or if you have another suggestion to make it fun for them, I'm all ears. I will see to it that the sport courses dont end up like texas canyon again. Which they haven't at the last few events.

Hopefully you can make the last few comps, especially the new spot on mt lemmon. I got to see it last weekend and its awesome, maybe better that gates pass, and a hell of alot cooler.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

And i don'tknow if you remember, but i ran a stock axial that worked very well for a long time. And back then, it wan't about spending money, but making the rig work.