Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: N.A.R.C.C.A / R.E.C.O.N G6 Challenge June 3,4 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

The G-Train has arrived !! All aboard !!

Redlinerob
NARCCA Competition Director
Redlinerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Good luck everyone. Your going to have a blast, sorry we couldn't make the G train.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Well, I learned a very important lesson at the Az. G6..........................NEVER let Rob B. borrow your rig

Carnage:

1. Torn front tire
2. Stripped front R&P, brand new overdrives, installed just before G6
3. 10t puller got hot enough to boil water
4. Tranny boiled water too
5. Grenaded rear driveshaft yoke

There might be more, I need to tear it apart to find out.

I had a great time, courses were challenging and fun, thanks G6 crew!

It was nice to hang out with the Az. crew, I'm so jealous of your rocks, time for me to start planting the seed in the wife's head to move down there.

I love Arizona, it makes Cali look like a $hithole!

Last edited by travis c.; 06-06-2011 at 08:52 AM.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #44
Gold Star Baby!

I did not compete in the G6, Both my kids did....It was an amazing RUN !! Parker and his CREW put on an amazing G6 scale run..
Shay and Sierra shared there Toy Tundra for 300 gates on Friday night and then got 15 done on sat night before total failure of the servo and still they had a great time..
I cannot begin to tell you about the G6 unless you have been there,it was my first to watch and will be running in the next one i can attend..
Parker and his crew are an awesome bunch..and THANKS to all there present and new sponsors...

See you soon,
Marc
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #45
RCP CRAWLERS

G6 was a blast....thanks Parker, Axial and all who helped put this event
together, we will be back next year!!!!!
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Thanks to Parker for bringing the first ever G6 event to AZ, it was one of the best times I've ever had behind a crawler.

Who would have ever thought you would see grown men running after a rc truck in the middle of the night, lol

I want to thank my stage buddy Tim who really made it opossible for me to put the times in that i did. Not sure how many people would have kept up like he did

Truck actually held up great, didn't have one failure of any kind, but do have some ideas in the works to make it better.......LEDS!!! lol

And lastly, huge thanks to Dwane Oliver for the custom knife awarded to 1st place. That was something i didn't expect at all, thanks again

Now.......when is the next G event
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Thanks to Parker for bringing the first ever G6 event to AZ, it was one of the best times I've ever had behind a crawler.

Who would have ever thought you would see grown men running after a rc truck in the middle of the night, lol

I want to thank my stage buddy Tim who really made it opossible for me to put the times in that i did. Not sure how many people would have kept up like he did

Truck actually held up great, didn't have one failure of any kind, but do have some ideas in the works to make it better.......LEDS!!! lol

And lastly, huge thanks to Dwane Oliver for the custom knife awarded to 1st place. That was something i didn't expect at all, thanks again

Now.......when is the next G event
Ditto, and thank you also Erin. That was the best time I have ever had driving any kind of r/c car hands down (followed closely by smashing up Kevin's Slash). Thank you to Parker, Brad, and Cody for putting on an amazing event. We need more of these in AZ for sure! I would be in great shape if I did one of those every weekend!
timh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #48
Y-Town Crawlers

Man that looked fun. I'm already planning out my G6 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
G6 was a blast....thanks Parker, Axial and all who helped put this event
together, we will be back next year!!!!!
I'm glad you guys aren't still lost out there
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

good to hear you southwesterners got G6'ed. wish i could have made it, maybe next year.

next one is at AWCC, hope to see you there for more night runs
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

That was a lot of fun!!!

In two days, the G6 turned my Summit-bodied scaler into a rebuild project.

No joke, this was the most driving I have done in this short of time, over 5 hours in two days!!!

Thanks to the RECON crew for drving down and putting this event on!!!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I know I saw someone taking pics of the G6, where are they?
Old 06-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #52
RCP CRAWLERS

HERE YOU GO:

http://zoso.picturepush.com/slideshow?alid=156478

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
I know I saw someone taking pics of the G6, where are they?

Last edited by ZoSo; 06-07-2011 at 05:23 PM.
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Cool pics, thanks for posting em.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

The R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge Whiskey Row was held in conjunction with the 4th annual Arizona Summer Shoot Out hosted by RECON Chapter club N.A.R.C.C.A. and if you missed this event; don’t miss it next year. The Drivers were treated to 3 days of great r/c crawling action. There were 4 G6 stages; two on Friday night and 2 on Saturday night. Saturday NARCCA set up 4 awesome 2.2 pro and sport courses. Sunday was the day for the 1.9’s and the Supers to strut their stuff.

The G-Train pulled into the Watson Lake Station early Friday morning and after some much needed rest, the G-Crew started setting up G-Central. This proved to be a difficult task, due to the beauty of Watson Lake and the surrounding rock. Limitless, Mother Natured caressed, and soon to be touched by G6 stages granite is all that I could look at.
Oh my, bitchen rock, now where’s the water?

The G6 Whiskey Row was aptly named because of Prescott, AZ history. Whiskey Row, or “The Row”, to sound like a local, featured over 40 saloons in one block back in the late 1800’s. Currently “The Row” features numerous shops and hosts car shows and other touristy events throughout the year. If you find yourself driving thru Prescott, AZ or wanting to visit “The Row” click the following link;

http://www.whiskeyrow.us/

The RECON G6 made Arizona history with the help of 24 very excited scale drivers. A G6 veteran and Nor-Cal hero, Travis Crockett, showed up to drive the first two G6 stages, which peaked the interest of the scale drivers that have never driven in G6 Challenge. Travis was several hours away and was not going to miss the opportunity to drive in a RECON G6 Challenge, even if it was only two of the four stages. Thank you, Travis and RECON wishes you good luck at the AWCC SCX 10 Scale Challenge.

Tech started and drivers realized to show up with your G-ride ready, because some G-rides went straight into the TCS impound, or scaler jail as I like to call it; while the others went straight to the start line. Driver’s meeting was epic and I could tell that even though 98 percent of the drivers had not driven in a RECON G6 Challenge, they weren’t strangers to driving their scalers. This is going to be good!

The Whiskey Row G6 featured 4 stages. Stage 1 was 100 trail markers and stage 2 had 50 trail markers. Stage 1 went thru camp sites and into leaves that were like driving on marbles. The Main Stage, stage 1, went to the lake and featured a spare tire change and a brutal horse power hill. Stage 2 featured a lot of granite rock mixed with technical trail markers and the infamous Axial Press Hummer recovery section. Let’s not forget about the little piece of the G6 “Erzberg” that is a staple; the leaf springs.

Drivers went off into the unknown. Friends, husbands and wives, fathers and sons, fathers and daughters left the Axial start alley after launching out of the Poly Performance start block. Young G6’er Nico Shlotterbeck, holds the honor of being the youngest G6er, 9, and the first ever Swiss Scaler to put rubber to rock in a RECON G6 Challenge. Young Nico completed his first ever G6 stage in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Congratulations Nico, you have secured your place in G6 history and I am honored to have such a great ambassador of the G6.

Nico was not the only across the pond G6er’s. Nico’s father, Dani Shlotterbeck and Florian “Flo” Loher also pushed the limits of their scalers and driving talent. Flo did not complete one stage without issues, but he finished every stage and that earned him the elusive G-Degree. Way to over come adversity, Flo. Dani is the official G6 Pathfinder. What this title does, I don’t know, but after hearing about his and Flo’s stage 3 adventures, I knew the definition of “Pathfinder”. Thank you gentlemen, all three of you are part of the G6 family, welcome.

There was some hardcore G6 driving going on at the Whiskey Row. Jeremy Toney, Tim Helzer, and Erin Vick drove like G-Veterans. Jeremy performed several on stage repairs that include a motor swap! Tim and Erin embraced the essence of the G6 life style and each took turns running stages first and they handled every stage adversity like true G-Champions. So it’s no surprise that great drivers when given the chance to drive, drive well and Jeremy, Tim, and Erin are your G6 Whiskey Row podium finishers, from third to first. Great job, guys and Erin, congrats on being inducted into the G6 Winners Alumni and being the first G6’er to have earned the official RECON G6 Survival Knife made by Oliver Knives.

There are so many G6 stories and adventures that occur during a G6 that it’s difficult to convey all of them, but watching the Valdivieso siblings. Sierra and Shay put Sierra’s SCX based Tundra thru the ringer until the servo gave up the ghost. Sierra is a phenomenal driver and not surprising. The entire Valdivieso Family is touched by talent. They do everything very well and driving scalers is just the tip of the ice berg. Sierra even finished in the top 10 in the 2.2 pro comp solidifying the fact that this girl can drive!

The RECON G6 Challenge would like to thank our sponsors, Axial Racing, Vanquish Products, Poly Performance, Rock Star Energy Drink, Pit Bull Tires, TCS, and our newest sponsor, Oliver Knives. Thank you all for helping the RECON G6 Crew brings fun to r/c scale drivers.

A huge THANK YOU to Rob Youngsma and Ryan Winkleman for inviting the G6 Crew to be a part of the Arizona State Shoot Out and for their hospitality and I can’t thank all the volunteers that worked, judged, or ran errands all weekend long.

Thank you to the G6 photographer, G6 deejay, trophy girl, results verifier, G-Central organizer, and, oh yeah, they are all the same person; Brad Bailey, aka Chasinbaja and his son Cole and my daughter Rosa. I love you guys and the G-Train rolls on down the road because of your dedication.

When you need your scaler fix, we’ll see you at the next RECON G6!

DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Here is the link to the RECON G6 Challenge "Whiskey Row" results;

http://reconcrawlers.freeforums.org/post7447.html#p7447
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Aww, thanks Parker
Old 06-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Well, I learned a very important lesson at the Az. G6..........................NEVER let Rob B. borrow your rig

Carnage:

1. Torn front tire
2. Stripped front R&P, brand new overdrives, installed just before G6
3. 10t puller got hot enough to boil water
4. Tranny boiled water too
5. Grenaded rear driveshaft yoke

There might be more, I need to tear it apart to find out.
Oh I'm sure there is more Thanks for letting me hammer down on that poor little truck, the scale seed has defiantly been planted.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
Oh I'm sure there is more Thanks for letting me hammer down on that poor little truck, the scale seed has defiantly been planted.
Please keep me in mind when CDW Scale parts start rolling off the bench.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Default Summit Scaler Rebuild...

This event stressed my scaler in ways that I hadn't stressed it before. Aside from having a great time, I have some really good data points for improvement on my Summit bodied scaler. I need to put it on a serious diet and need to get the weight it has closer to the ground...

I'm in the process of rebuilding both axles. I finished the back axle, it had some dirt and crud in it, but not too much considering the amount of time it was submerged.

Given the good condition of the back axle, I was leaning hard towards leaving the front one alone, it hadn't spent all that much time underwater and it really couldn't be as bad as the back one, right? I was wrong... Over a week after the event and three hours of driving on it in warm weather after it went in the water, it still had a good amount of Watson Lake in the housing and the locker. The water with the amount of mud-gunk that was in there, it was just a matter of time before it rotted out.

So, if you haven't rebuilt your axles yet, recommend doing so.

Oh, and a BIG THANKS to Flo for his very quick Judge's Wench, it saved my scaler from being prize for a diver.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote