Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Colorado Winter series Final 5/22/2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #41
RCC Addict

10 gates, 6 minutes, now that's racing? Hmmmmmm. Sounds fishy.

Same people must have complained when it was 4 minutes 10 gates.

Come on people, speak up. Maybe another meeting, PM's what ever it takes.

I want to say I had a great time judging 2.2's and then running the courses after everyone.

Saw lot's of good driving going on on every course, and that's what the scores show too. Seems all the courses were doable too.

I know SMOKEY had alot of fun and so did alot of us.

Thanks to Mica, Kevin, Ethan, Kelly, Casey, Pickles, Sheldon, Tim(thncs) and everyone who helped out judging, setting courses and keeping things running.

Thanks to everyone who made the journey. You got to play for a day at a great place. Hope all enjoyed it.

Hope Rodney was able to get a few pics, if not, it was because he was busy drivin, supplying parts to epic failure's, of just havin some well earned fun time.

See you all soon and cheer up.

Lifes too short and nobody gets out alive..............

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #42
RCC Addict

The only problem I had on Sunday was the bitching that courses were too hard. C'mon guys, this is Colorado's National qualifier series and it should be preparing you to compete at the highest level with the best drivers in the country. That means hauling ass on course, big jumps and drops, gates you can't clean and thinking outside the box to finish courses.

On a happier note, thanks to Micah and Rodney for keeping everything running smoothly, our judges for stepping up, and the majority of you guys that make these comps so much fun
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Wow, sounds like I missed a great time.

From the calls I have received it sounds like crawling in Colorado is turning into racing.

People that KNOW the rules going against them. People forgetting that we are supposed to have fun. People thinking it's all about who has the best sponsors. People more worried about everyone else than themselves....

Dam I must have missed some thing at the comp. But I just worry about my self and not what every one else was up to. I had my problems and didn't finish 4 of the coarses but I did see them get finished. So I took that as I need some more practice. Hell I had a good time and that is all that matters to me.
bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #44
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid plate View Post
10 gates, 6 minutes, now that's racing? Hmmmmmm. Sounds fishy.
No, I didn't mean racing like the literal sense of the word, I meant it is turning into racing as in nobody is in it for the fun anymore and it's all about winning.

The following things may or may not be true, but I heard both of them from several different sources.

1. A driver ran a few courses with 1 rig, then ended up running other courses with another rig.

2. Several members of the club came close to fighting.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

dam I missed that. Probably a good thing for me though I would have probably instigated that one till they were fighting. LOL nothing is more fun then seeing to grown men fighting over toy trucks.
bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastard View Post
dam I missed that. Probably a good thing for me though I would have probably instigated that one till they were fighting. LOL nothing is more fun then seeing to grown men fighting over toy trucks.
I guess we picked the wrong courses to run in the wrong order, that or we picked the right ones, depends on how ya look at it I guess.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
The only problem I had on Sunday was the bitching that courses were too hard. C'mon guys, this is Colorado's National qualifier series and it should be preparing you to compete at the highest level with the best drivers in the country. That means hauling ass on course, big jumps and drops, gates you can't clean and thinking outside the box to finish courses.
I think you're taking what you think to be bitching to literal. It's my opinion that the guys like to give you shit in a fun and friendly manner because you are well known for making tough and challenging courses that can stump any driver on any given day. I really don't think they are actually upset about the course or you building it so challenging.

Quote:
The following things may or may not be true, but I heard both of them from several different sources.

1. A driver ran a few courses with 1 rig, then ended up running other courses with another rig.

The close to fighting I had no clue of.
I did see 2 people change rigs after a run or runs with another rig.
One was Kris, who finished with his scaler, because his comp rig broke. He wasn't in the running and didn't turn in his sheet, so who cares.
The other was Almighty in the 1.9 class which I think he and Rodney announced it to everyone and nobody cared so he ran Rods rig. So if someone didn't agree with that, they should have spoken up.

I haven't read the rules in a couple years so I need to brush up and will. I'm sure if something is out of whack because of the 1.9 switch it can be fixed.

Last edited by STEW<CO>; 05-25-2011 at 10:37 PM.
STEW<CO> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Just logged on to find this. Here is what happened with one incident. Tom did run my berg for 3 courses after he tore his car apart to fix Becky's dig. He did take 50's for those 3 courses which I missed when I posted because even though he told the judges they scored him anyways, I was tired on Sunday and raced through the sheets and didn't catch it. I am going to fix his score. I also heard that some people think he was running my rig first before me on the courses. This isn't true...yes he did run first on every course before me but he was running my berg and I ran my XR10 all day. I can see how some might think it's the same rig since they are the same color and similar chassis but I can tell you they are not the same rig and they don't even perform the same. He ran the berg took his 50's and just wanted to have fun and get some crawling in. Not one person made a comment so if anyone is upset about this then blame yourselfs for not speaking up at the comp because I guarantee you Tom would have stopped immediately and put it away. As far as rules go I'm not sure where this falls. If anyone thinks the only reason that I placed where I did is because Tom ran first I can promise you that wasn't the reason. I hope I've proven myself as a capable crawler and I run first many many times at our comps while people wait for others to start the show. We do like to help each other just like any other team or group of friends does. But I have no problem running first and have many times. Plus anyone can stall and let others go first so they can watch, this is no different as far as i'm concerned and happens all the time and we all know that.

I don't know anything about fighting as I never saw or heard any of it.

I love complaining about the courses to the judges....that's all in good fun for me. I thought the courses were visually scary as hell and was amazed at how do-able they all were....even Casey's To me teasing about courses is just heckling in good fun.

My 2 cents here guys. Like I said I wish whoever had the problems would've spoken up. I'd like to think i'm an approachable person and am telling all of you now that I am. I'm in this hobby to have a good time and this is my escape from work and real life and no matter what I'm there for a good time and that's all. I'm competitive just like most all of us are and like to win and do well but in the end, win or lose, I'm there for fun.

Please feel free to call or pm me if anyone has an issue with me personally and I'd love to work it out and move forward if i'm part of the problem here.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

ok, i have the scores fixed but photobucket is down right now so I can't get them up. I'm leaving out of town for the weekend tomorrow so if I don't have it up before I go then it will be done when I get back on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm also waiting on the 1.9 and super scores and will probably get them up early next week also. If they need to be up sooner can someone help me with this? I think early next week won't be an issue, but asking just in case.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:07 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

WOW I first off would like to thank all the judges and everyone that made this comp possible Second I don't think the comp could have ran any better for me and the club. The courses where technical, yet doable and definitely on par with every other clubs that wants to compete at a national level. There was the right amount of trash talk and heckling. Awesome chill people, great weather and location. All in all I had a blast with you guys and gal I would gladly comp with you anytime.

Last edited by SMOKEY; 05-26-2011 at 05:10 AM.
SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Wow, I thought the event went flawless. Thanks to all of you that made it happen. I just want to know, was there any rock chucking going on because that $hit is not allowed:flipof f:
Congrats SMOKEY on coming to our home turf and handing out @$$ whoopins. Also big congrats to James and Rubba for there performance this year.

Last edited by Sparky J; 05-26-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #52
RCC Addict

I saw the Sheriff roll up and beat the shit out of some toy truck driver....

..... no wait. He was taking pictures of all the vandalism and littering of our beautiful mountians. Hey gun owners get a clue that clay pigeons, lead buck shot and shell casings DO NOT DECOMPOSE . Oh and shooting fawking live tree's too...... really?

Other then that I didn't notice anyone's panties in a bunch.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #53
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Quote:
No, I didn't mean racing like the literal sense of the word, I meant it is turning into racing as in nobody is in it for the fun anymore and it's all about winning.

Hey Jason,

I am the one who ran 3 courses with a different rig. When Becky's rig broke I tore mine apart to get her's up and running. James offered his berg up so I could run the rest of the day. I knew it was against the rules so that is why I asked the event organizor (Mica) what he wanted me to do. I told him if he did not want me to run I was cool with that and I also told him I would take 50's for the rest of the courses so it would not affect any of the standings. Mica told me that it was ok because this was about having fun. The rig I borrowed was not driven by anyone else that day during the comp. Numerous people knew thats what I was doing and all agreed that it was ok. I told every judge that I was going to get a 50 because it was a different rig that what I started with.

As for members of the club coming close to fighting I did not see anything of the sort. It was a fun time and a good finals. For all that broke during the day everyone was willing to help others out so they could get back up and running.

Oh by the way I know I know the rules and that is why I was going to not continue to run but was told that it was ok by many people. Next time I will know better and take the time to fix mine and run it or just walk away.

I hope next time you can come to the comp and have a good time so you don't have to hear about it second hand.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #54
[HOONIGAN]

A few photos....

RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Default Comp 8 Buffalo Creek Scores for all 3 classes

Finally got the 1.9 and Super scores. I also fixed Cruzin Illusions scores for the comp itself and the standings.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Default Standings for 2.2

2.2 Pro (drop and no drop)

Ignore my red dropped scores, they don't matter and I messed them up

Last edited by James003; 08-31-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Default Standings for 1.9

Drop didn't change anything since there was no 1.9 class at comp 7
Old 06-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Default Standings for Super

Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Default Overall Standings

Here's the overall standings for the entire series. The drop score from each class is reflected.

Congrats to Mr. Glassman on winning the overall!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Hell Yea brother! Way to show your skills.
STEW<CO> is offline   Reply With Quote