Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 801RCC 2011 Comp, Event #7 "Descent into Darkness"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC 2011 Comp, Event #7 "Descent into Darkness"

801RCC 2011 Comp, Event #7 "Descent into Darkness"

This is the 5th annual "Descent into Darkness". If you ask anyone in Utah "what's the best crawl'n comp to attend in the state?", this is it!! With 801RCC's Point Series all finished up we can relax a bit and just compete for fun (as it always should be) You have a great crawling location, great camping location, great trophies, and great people. "Descent into Darkness" is the most talked about comp in the state and more people look forward to this comp than any other.

-when-
July 9th 2011
-7/9/11-

10:00 Am Course setup
10:45 Am Pics and drivers meeting
11:00 Am Competition starts

-where-
"Little Moab"

NAME: Little Moab
TERRAIN: White slickrock/sand
TRACTION: Varies med to high

-Attention-
This comp runs a little different than most comps. We'll be running 3 courses Up on the "big rock" (the main rock we usually crawl on) starting at 11am, that includes 1.9's. Then another 2 courses at the "Chimney Rock" (by the big camping spot we camped at earlier this year) after dark, there will be 1 night course for 1.9's too. We hope to start night courses about 10ish. During the the last 2 courses each driver will be allowed 1 head lamp (if they choose) all other lights must be mounted to the competing rig. We will have a trophy's for the top 3 drivers and a special "Light Show" trophy for the best looking lighted rig
If you plan to attend "Descent into Darkness" we suggest camping over night. This comp will likely run very late into the night.
We strongly suggest having LED's or some kind of lights mounted to your rig, the more the better.

-Light Show-
Each Judge will pick witch rig they like the best then all other competitors present will vote for one of the 5 selected rigs. There will be only one winner. The rig and or body must be ran through both night courses. It's not necessarily who has the most lights, it's the overall look of the rig with the lights on.

With "Descent into Darkness" being on a Saturday night even if you work Saturday or Sunday, you still should be able to make it to this one. I'm sure that there will be some people who won't be able to talk their mommies in to letting them stay up past their bedtimes, but even they could still get 3 courses in B4 bed

801RCC uses USRCCA rules
http://www.usrcca.com/rules/2010.pdf

this is a FREE comp and open to anyone running a USRCCA legal 2.2 or 1.9 rig
See ya on the rox

Last edited by NaZ-T; 07-08-2011 at 11:45 AM.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
RCC Addict

H&R Stone hooked it up again with some bad ass trophies. Thanks Louie 801RCC wufs you

Point Series Trophies for the award ceremony

Decent Trophies

Old 07-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I spent all week working on rigs but in the end I didn't get my lights done :( I was up till 3am last night just trying to make sure my rigs would even run. They are now up and running and ready to lay the smack down.

The last of the comp supplies showed up last night. Jillian went out of her way to make sure we had the necessary items for this weekends festivities.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I had a great time!! Thanks to everyone that came out. A huge thanks to those that helped get everything underway. It was a comp to remember, as all Decent into Darkness comps are. The courses were awesome and a lot of fun to run. I ran great all weekend but one obstacle held me up. I'm happy with where I finished and glad to pass the Decent crown on to Skooter, He earned it. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and I look forward to seeing everyone next month.

I had a great time on the "Epic Scale run". There was a great variety of terrain to tackle. Chewy dusting everyone in the last baja section was classic.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I didn't get many pics but here are the ones I got

Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
RCC Addict

-Scores-

2.2's

1.9's
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #7