Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: First Competition of the CORCC 2011/2012 Season!! 10/16/2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
MODERHATER™

Default First Competition of the CORCC 2011/2012 Season!! 10/16/2011

Alright here we go the first comp of the season!!

And we are going Under The Bridge!! What better way to kick it off by going to an old school spot like this!! Some of my first crawling memories are from here!! Old School!!

So the spot is Under the Bridge, Downtown Denver, green bridge where speer crosses the south platte river. In/ near Confluence Park, by the REI Flagship store. DOWNTOWN!

Park on the west side of the river, just south of the bridge. Or someone knows a better parking spot?

So the plan is, everyone needs to show up at 8am. We will getting registration going, series fee's paid, tech, maybe a little meeting, then get the comp going as soon as possible!!

This year we will be running 2.2 Sport class right along with the PROs. Just like we have been doing 1.9 and Super. Starts in one place, Sport goes one way, PRO goes another! To top it off, this may be the first year to have eligible Sport drivers sent to nationals!! Then we will have a 2.2 Top 5 shootout, breakdown and run Supers and 1.9's! Following that we will have a Top 5 shootout for them.

Don't forget to be eligible to be in the points running/getting your scores tracked for Crawl-Off/Nationals, you need to pay a $20 fee that goes towards comp supplies, trophies, insurance, camp out, etc.... That will need to be paid by the second competition.

And like always we will have the pot. For each class you pay a $5 entry fee that gets split up into a pure that goes back to the Top 3 drivers. 50% for first, 30% second, 20% for third. So for example if there are 50 drivers first place would get $125!!

We do need some volunteer judges these first few comps before we go to the series pool of judges based off of Series entries.

2.2 Judges
1. EXW
2. Abavuso
More?

1.9/Super
1. Almighty
2. Joystick
More?

Anything I might have forgot or something you would like to talk about? Post up or PM!!

Post up if your coming!!

Also Mica has stepped up to help out this year and has some exciting news and idea's for judges and otherwise!!

So let's get this going and have some fun and breed some champions!!

Patrick

Last edited by 666; 10-11-2011 at 08:38 PM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I'll judge super and piss ant so I can run a sporty.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
EXW
Pebble Pounder

I'll judge 2.2.

Under the bridge courses: socks, bottles, syringes... can't wait.
EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXW View Post
I'll judge 2.2.

Under the bridge courses: socks, bottles, syringes... can't wait.
LOL, I have not been there for awhile. I do remember bum crawling though!!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

SWEEEET lookin forward to this. see yous guys there

and u can put down for 1.9/super judge ish
JOYSTICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

We live in a state full of the best natural rocks in the country, and we're gonna go crawl on shit rock under a bridge in downtown Denver. That's Great
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwb Sami View Post
We live in a state full of the best natural rocks in the country, and we're gonna go crawl on shit rock under a bridge in downtown Denver. That's Great
It's all good, not that bad really. And we will have others on all parts of Colorado! Mostly natural. This is a great central location were we can start the series!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I'll judge a 2.2 pro
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
What do you care? Its not like you have a car to drive.....unless you found another smoking deal on craigslist

:edit: just saw you posted your 2.2 for sale

Last edited by Almighty Malach; 10-11-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I know this place, been there twice (not to comp) looks like a great place with water and all, have fun everyone!
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I just want to make sure I'm looking at the correct spot as I've never been there before... It this the spot? I'm asuming park in the parking lot close to the bridge.
Attached Images

Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Decisions decisions, finish race prep or hang out under a bridge with bums.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
What do you care? Its not like you have a car to drive.....unless you found another smoking deal on craigslist

:edit: just saw you posted your 2.2 for sale
Yep, it's for sell. I figure I don't need it if this Series is gonna be a bunch of Rip Rap Bullshit in Downtown Denver. I'll say Excactly what I PMed Patrick. We live in a State full of the best Rock In the Country so why and the Hell are we Crawling Crap like Confluence Park. If this is gonna be a City Crawlers Challenge Series where I Spend 4 Hours in a car driving so I can make it through 3 gates per course then screw it. This is suppose to be a Series for the front range of Colorado. We have people from Ft. Collins to Pueblo running this series and there is a lot of good rock in between. If I wanna run Rip Rap then I can go to RCH and the Crawl Space. Why and the hell would I wanna drive all that way to go stand under a bridge in the middle of Denver where frickin bums live.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post

You should finish race prep for real rocks
Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
MODERHATER™

Well then.....

Probably the only comp on rip rap. I hoped to start the season on a higher note rather than this. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I will be there! Looking forward to it! Crawling is crawling, sure beats couch crawling though
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #17
MODERHATER™

Does anyone else dislike the location? We could move it if need be? I'm not trying to make anyone upset, just trying to get everyone together to have fun!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
There will also be homeless people there
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Does anyone else dislike the location? We could move it if need be? I'm not trying to make anyone upset, just trying to get everyone together to have fun!
Key word is to have FUN!

I don't think you guys understand how much work goes in to running a series. We're not always going to make a group happy, but we try as hard as we can. Not everybody is going to like the location (that's the great thing about it always moving around) to move the comp now (3 days) just cause one doesnt like it just can't happen. (we get permission for these)

We are also looking for the best of our group to represent us at nationals and that means you need to be able to "prove" yourself on all rock types (2010 national LCQ was on rip-rap) With that said bring your A game! Hate to say it guys, but we as a group need more practice. We're the state where it all started and we don't always have the best showings (an out of towner came and "spanked" us at our finals)

So remember guys Patrick busts his ass for us to all get together. Lets all do our part to keep this machine running smoothly. Everything isn't going to always be perfect for everybody all the time. (you always have a drop, no need to try and start a fire)
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yep, it's for sell. I figure I don't need it if this Series is gonna be a bunch of Rip Rap Bullshit in Downtown Denver. I'll say Excactly what I PMed Patrick. We live in a State full of the best Rock In the Country so why and the Hell are we Crawling Crap like Confluence Park. If this is gonna be a City Crawlers Challenge Series where I Spend 4 Hours in a car driving so I can make it through 3 gates per course then screw it. This is suppose to be a Series for the front range of Colorado. We have people from Ft. Collins to Pueblo running this series and there is a lot of good rock in between. If I wanna run Rip Rap then I can go to RCH and the Crawl Space. Why and the hell would I wanna drive all that way to go stand under a bridge in the middle of Denver where frickin bums live.
This isn't Mica's series though. Like we did last year, I'm sure each judge is going build their own course.

I don't have a problem starting the series in the middle of Denver, hopefully we will see more new faces because its not an hour and a half drive. Once they see how much FUN we have, driving to the next one won't seem so bad.