Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Montana MTRCRC Comp/ Campout PICS and results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Arrow Montana MTRCRC Comp/ Campout PICS and results

I am working on the final scores and pics, we had a amazing weekend. Rocks, water, mud, gravel, log bridges, broken parts, sunshine and BBQ!

will post up shortly, anyone who has pics from the weekend, post them here and I will organize them in a gallery, or you can e-mail them to me.

Link to pics gallery : http://www.rccrawlermedia.com/rcc-gallery/album40
more to come, I am still trying to download them all.

2.2 course 1 was designed by crawldaddy and madscrambler. It's start gate was a straight up rock face about 4 feet tall onto a camel's back ridge with a side hill gate. It had every tlt scratching for traction and many having to take the reposition points. Then it was down the camel's back into gate 2, without front dig, many tlt's were throttling up to avoid a roll over. You then went through a series of off camber rocks to get to gate 2 and 3, the holes were in just the right place to swallow many 2.2 tires and force some to perowet on a rock to gain postion. gate 3 was a 90 degree hard right straight up with an under cut ledge, almost everyone hit the left gate marker, but a proud few were able to hold then line and make it. Gate 4 appeared to be straight forward, however, if you were not lined up perfect, the center crack would eat you alive and force you into the gate. gate 5 was a side hill to the right, off camber and it was undercut on the down side, if your truck had torque twist issues, they showed themselves on this gate. Gate 6 was the hardest by far, off camber down hill to the right, under in the center and the left with a ledge to climb and a crack to cross at the end. Finsh gate looked pretty easy until you got on it, there was ONE line, if you were on it, you were golden, if not you were done, plain and simple.

2.2 course 2 was designed by Burrlytlt and his brother Miniwheeler. It was a nice start gate, with a few rock to traverse to gate 1. BUT then, BAMMM, it you didn't put your right front tire about a baby's hair away from the gate ball, you would be rolled over and done. Gate 2 was a rock split , then " Vinny's" rock face, it had moss and slick rocked giving every tlt trouble, starving for traction and balance only to find gate 3 at the top of the rock before a straight down descent. It seemed as though, as the day went on, the more people who drove over the rock, the harder it got, seemed to be loosing traction. Again, those without front dig, found the decent, hard to say the least. Then gate 4 was the " Crack " , it was the bous gate, only one trcuk made it, Slobin3d, all other had to bypass. It was just narrow enough not to squeeze through straight, but just wide enough that you couldnt stand it on it's side either, there was also a undercut on the right rear. Gate 4 was actually on the other side after a 90 degree hard left up hill, off camber. Then we have gate 5, the " Black Hole" This hole ate 4 driveshafts, 2 hexes, a motor and 1 axle housing. It was down about 2 feet , into a hole, 3 rocks to contend with, none lended any traction. When you climbed out or bypassed, you had 2 side hills and a off camber to get the to the finish gate. Average time through this course was 7 minutes!

Scale course 1 was designed by unimoger. Down by and IN the river. Started out right into the river, many round river rocks, gravel and mud, then up and out on a rock face, onto the bonus gate, a split rock face crack, you had to climb the right side and straddle the left to get over it. By the way it was 2 feet straight up and you start in 6 inches of water, so needless to say you were fighting for traction. Then it was up a dirt hill around and down to the rock split crossing into the river again, you tires are wet and covered in gravel and mud, now you need to climb a slick, round river rock face and go off camber to make it to the other side, only a few made this without roll over. Now you are atop the big round rock and must drive across a wood ladder OFF CAMBER bridge to the other side, there is a only 2 feet deep water below rushing by with enough force to take you down river in a matter of seconds. Across the bridge you hit a camel back rock then a straght down descent into the, you guessed it, river again. Across the river and up the mud hill climb face, then you had a bonus gate or the finsh gate, bonus gate no one made but a few tried, finsh gate was BAD off camber, loose rock, dirt, gravel and mud, with a left turn hill accent at the end.

Scale course 2 was designed by Burrlytlt and Minwheeler and whoever won the course won a free set of "5" Scaler rock rings. Congrats to bronco75 for winning, enjoy your rings. You started yet again in the river, traversing several off camber slick rocks , gravel and mud. Then you had to climb two split rock, covered in river bed wet gravel that had all the tlt's starving for traction, the first few guys were lucky, then the RUTS got bigger and bigger and many had to reposition. Up next was a 90 right turn, up hill, with a crack on the lft then down into the river again! You had to set up for a monster rope bridge, off camber climb, about 4 feet up. across the slick rock you went, then dropping straight down into the marsh and wet lands. Then it was several hard turns, 4 big rocks and a mud hole, and out the finsh was 2 choices, uphill slide, water and slick rock OR mud and grass hole and dirt climb. Most chose the rock.

All in All it was an amazing day, thanks to all who drove so far to come to our comp, we areally appreciate it and hope that you all had fun. Slobin3d is working on the video and I am trying to sift through the 637 pics to post up a gallery for you all to see, stay tuned pics will be up shortly. Thanks again to everyone who attended.

Unimoger and the MSD shop.

2.2 course 1

1. Burrlytlt 3.5
2. Unimoger 10 got bonus gate
3. Crawldaddy 13.5 got bonus gate
4. Miniwheeler 14.5 got bonus gate
5. Solidaxelprernr 24 got bonus gate
6. Bronco75 33 got bonus gate
7. Slobin3d 48
8. Madscrambler 63.5 got bonus gate
9. MTwrench 74.5
10. AFjeff DNF
* bonus gate worth -10 *

2.2 course 2

1. Slobin3d 6 got bonus gate
2. Crawldaddy 15
3. Madscrambler 20
4. Unimoger 30
5. Solidaxelprernr 30.5
6. Burrlytlt 31
7. Bronco75 31
8. Miniwheeler 41.5
9. MTwrench DNF
10. AFjeff DNF
* bonus gate worth -10 *

Scale course 1

1. Bronco75 5 got bonus gate
2. Slobin3d 15
3. Miniwheeler 15 got bonus gate " with unimoger's fj-40 "
4. Unimoger 20 got bonus gate " 11" wb 8.25" track width with geo's, on a unimog "
5. Solidaxelprernr 20 got bonus gate
6. Madscrambler 20 got bonus gate
7. Crawldaddy 25
* bonus gate worth -5 *

Scale course 2

1. Bronco75 0
2. Miniwheeler 0 " with unimoger's fj-40 "
3. Crawldaddy 0
4. Solidaxelprernr 10
5. Unimoger 15
6. Madscrambler 15
7. Slobin3d DNF

Last edited by badger; 06-20-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Hey mog..That was a killer comp! For sure the best one yet that I've been to. I loved crawling with the Oregon boys. The best part is to see all the differant rigs and how there are set up. This better turn into an annual event. It was worth the 5 hour drive for sure!!
crawldaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default comp

Thanks for the great time it was well worth the drive .Great job on the comp. Thanks for the hospitality . Nice to crawl with some fresh blood Probly the best comp yet for me too .thanks again looking forward to see the pics.
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I'm firing up movie maker as i type so expect a video or two here shortly
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
I'm a stupid C U N T!

The first video is up I hope look for more soon
Old 06-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #6

I had a great time and I really appretiate all who made the trip here. Thanks again for comming. I will share all 637 pics with Ben and we will post some pics of each rig.
MTwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

JUst made it back to dallas ,got to meet some new people and had a great time
miniwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Big thanks to Ben for hosting a killer weekened. Well worth the 13 hour drive from oregon.I have a few pics,should be up soon

Last edited by burrlytlt; 06-19-2006 at 07:18 AM.
burrlytlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Default scores are up!

score are up, pics to follow and video!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #10

I just found out that ive accually been on here for a while, and just never posted........

anyway, awsome comp, good to meet everyone, and thanks again to the dallas crew for picking me up on the way over
solidaxelprernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #11
I'm a stupid C U N T!

that was pretty cool of them to drive out of there way to get you and it was nice to crawl with you
Old 06-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #12
I'm a stupid C U N T!

video 2 is up
Old 06-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

start of the pics gallery link on first post.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #14
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
start of the pics gallery link on first post.
I fixed your gallery link so it goes right into the actually Montana comp gallery and not to the RCCrawlermedia.com home page.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Damn, where the hell was I?
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:33 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid
Damn, where the hell was I?

Posted it up 6 weeks in advance man, sorry. Had a great time, utah, idaho, oregon and montana guys all at the same spot.

PM me and I will let you know when we are having our next get together .
Old 06-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #17
I'm a stupid C U N T!

vid 3 is up
Old 06-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Talking

bunch more pics are added guys, look on first post for gallery link.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #19
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Scale movie is up
Old 06-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #20

Im new to crawling and wish i had known about this prior.. I would have loved to come.

I live in idaho falls.. maybe next time there is a comp in this area I can join the fun =D

LHS in IF and pocatello would gladly support any regional comps by giving out flyers etc etc
I know the owner quite well
trevor217 is offline   Reply With Quote