Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: OcRcRc Comp #5- Nature Park 5/19/12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default OcRcRc Comp #5- Nature Park 5/19/12

Alright boys and girls, it has come down to this. Our final comp of the 2012 season will be held at Nature Park. Nature Park - Google Maps

Date- 5/19/12
Time- 8:30 a.m tech in. 9:00 a.m driving starts
Classes- 2.2 Pro only. No sportsman or 1.9
Fee- Absolutely nothing

We will run 4 courses in the morning which will end up determining the finish for the 2012 Points Series.

We have a tight battle for a few positions with 1st thru 5th place receiving trophies.

After we are done with the 2.2 competition, scores will be finalized and we will hand out awards for the top 5 drivers. We will also be barbequing hamburgers and hot dogs (provided by the club) so it would be great if we could get a few people to volounteer chips and drinks for us.

We will also be handing out prizes to those of you that have helped us judge this season. Everyone that has judged will walk away with something. I have contacted some of our fantastic vendors and local hobby shops to donate some great prizes for us.

After all of that is said and done, we will finally be running the KOTP style race that we wanted to do earlier. Info link here- Kotp

I have no idea how long this will take but it will be FUN. Bring your Wraith's, 2.2 and 1.9 scalers or anyhting else that fits into the rules and have some fun getting around a challenging course.

We're looking to close out our 2012 season with a bang so come on out and enjoy the day with us in beautiful Orange County!
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Default Re: OcRcRc Comp #5- Nature Park 5/19/12

SO... if I were to judge at this comp would I get a sweet prize?
I'll judge either way baby! I'm in big sexy!
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
SO... if I were to judge at this comp would I get a sweet prize?
I'll judge either way baby! I'm in big sexy!
You betcha sweetheart. You will get "something" for judging at the final comp. Thanks for stepping up.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
D-Wray 4 Prez!

You finally caught me on a good weekend. Gonna miss ya this weekend.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Im Brandon

Sweet I should make this one! Time to work on the Wraith

Paystin, did you get the "help" you needed?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Sweet I should make this one! Time to work on the Wraith

Paystin, did you get the "help" you needed?
Glad you can finally get to one of these "comp" thingy's.

Not yet, I stopped by this morning and ofcourse you guys were off. I'll come by Monday morning. Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Bump
Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post

Not yet, I stopped by this morning and of course you guys were off. I'll come by Monday morning. Thanks
Sheesh, well thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Damn I got 30 points to make up on you in one comp? All I can say is be careful where you step as things may be slippery

Put me down for bringing a box of chips for the bbq. See you all Saturday.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

My rig KOTP rig is almost ready.
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

When Your season is over can you guys PM the list of top 5 for 1.9 and 2.2Pros, Nabil asked me to start working on the SoCal Regionals Flyer for June. Thanks Glenn
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHuffer View Post
When Your season is over can you guys PM the list of top 5 for 1.9 and 2.2Pros, Nabil asked me to start working on the SoCal Regionals Flyer for June. Thanks Glenn
Will do Glenn.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

My rig is ready for the KOTP race!

Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
Im Brandon

Almost ready. Just need to mount a spare!
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Thanks Everyone!

I just wanted to say thanks to a few people for what turned out to be a very fun and memorable end to our 2012 season.

Thanks to all of these people/ companies for stepping up and donating prizes for our end of the year judges raffle.

*Axial/ Brad "bender" Dumont- Axial was the only major manufacturer to donate ANYTHING to us. I bugged Brad a few times (and even teared up a bit in an email when other donations fell through) and Brad/ Axial responded in a huge way with some fantastic parts giveaways and a complete XR10 kit as a grand prize. I can't thank them enough for all of their support for not only this comp but in supporting me as well over the last few years. THANK YOU!

Dave and Suzy Budd from RCP Crawlers- I called Dave on Wednesday and asked if there was anything that RCP could do to help with donations for our raffle. I talked to Dave for about an hour not only about donations but crawling in general and where the business is going. As I stated at the comp today, please support RCP Crawlers whenever you can so we can keep a great couple like Dave and Suzy up and running. They stepped up today and donated some great prizes for us that I'm positive the guys were glad to take home. They also came in with a late donation for the winner of the "KOTP" race which was not planned. Thanks Dave and Suzy.

J.D "Hardknockz"- Again, after letting J.D know that I wasn't getting what I was hoping for from outside companies, I called J.D and asked if he would donate a custom paint job as a raffle prize. Not only did he agree to that but he also threw in two sets of Losi Boss Claws (which I gave back to him, so you didn't miss them today), A Tekin handwound motor and two mini motors as well. Thanks J.D for stepping in and helping save today from being less than what I was hoping for. Also, congrats on your first win buddy (I guess my puppy and her peanut butter licking powers did something for ya, huh?)

Don Hughes- Another phone call, another donation from a friend. Don was kind enough to giveaway some Pro-Line accesories he had and I really appreciate him doing that for us. Thanks Don!

Mark Reel/ Off Road Jerky- The Reel boys donated a few bags of sought after Beef Jerky that I'm sure Brandon will enjoy.

Derek "axialnut", Jim "illegal" and anyone else I might have overlooked for helping out today with food donations and general help with the BBQ/ awards.

I would be lying if I said I wish we could do this all the time because I don't. It wouldn't make days like these memorable and give us something to talk about at the next GTG or comp. I think from the comments that I recieved today that everyone had a great time between the 2.2 comp, BBQ/ awards and the "KOTP" race. Thanks again to everyone that helped today, I had fun and I hope you guys had fun too.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for a great season and all your hard work OC.............. Thanks for all the cool bling.... thanks axial, proline, RCP, JD, ORJ and all othrs for all the donations

OCRCRC ROCKS!
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
RCC Addict

All I can say is WOW what a killer day of crawling/rock racing out there today. I had about as much fun as I think the law will allow hanging out with you guys and running the toys. Took a 2nd place in the 2.2pro class (congrats to Bender on the win) and then ran out of milliamps two corners from the finish in the KOTP race and took a 2nd place in that event also. Too much fun, too much laughing and I can wait to get me some more of it. Here is what I got out of there with. Notice the TWO yes TWO team anarchy mini motors!!

Thanks OCRC for all your great events and the killer trophies and especially thanks to the Sponsors who helped Paystin give out some killer swag to the judges. I got out of there with over $200 in prizes!!! Also the biggest thanks goes to Chris personally for not only the effort he put into making the event possible but also dipping into his pocket (pretty deep) to fund all the other prizes he gave away.

Congrats to all your top 5 regional drivers and I believe if this didnt happen to Big Dude he may have been on that list......

while jumping gate 9 that little sucker just couldnt hold on any longer and the lipo actually came unplugged.
Good effort Charlie....There's always next year!

Oh and I cant forget this!! thanks again guys.

Last edited by Illeagle; 05-20-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Comp Scores #5

Old 05-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Season series points- Final

Old 05-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
Thanks Everyone!
Thank you Chris for all your hard work We all appreciate it more than you know

OcRcRc Comp #5- Nature Park 5/19/12 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OCRCRC Comp #5- Nature Park 4/16/11 paystin Competitions 27 04-18-2011 12:38 PM
OCRCRC Comp #1 Nature Park 11/18/10 paystin Competition Results 0 01-18-2011 06:57 AM
OCRCRC Comp #1- Nature Park 11/20/10 paystin Competitions 35 11-23-2010 06:12 PM
OCRCRC Nature Park Comp#5 8-9-09 Shoei1 Competitions 22 08-09-2009 12:52 AM