Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: MNRCRC Summer Series Comp #4 Results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default MNRCRC Summer Series Comp #4 Results

Well, it did end up raining and calling an end to our day, but we got a full run of each class, so as of right now it's standing as an official comp. We had some more close finishes, not too much canage, and we even had a couple people eliminate themselves from the series standings (remember, we agreed at the begining of the season that you must compete in at least 6 out of 8 comps in order to be eligible). It looked like a lot of pics were taken, and I'm sure they will be posted soon. I want to thank everyone who showed up despite the weather reports. Even though it got rained out, it was a blast! Here are the results:

Super Class
1) Partsman(Jerry Sr.) 9
2) Nicklepimp(Kevin) 10
3) Etype R(Mike) 19
4) Jerry's RC(Jerry Jr.) 20
5) Freetime(Troy) 40

2.2 Modified
1) Nicklepimp(Kevin) 4
2) Freetime(Troy) DNF

1) Erik 8 (time 2:12)
2) Etype R(Mike) 8 (time 3:2
3) NorthCountry(Joe) 28
4) Speedsport(Chris) Max(79)
5) Freetime(Troy) DNF
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I see 9 comps on the calander, 1 as a make up... But oh well. I'm in it for the fun of it, not the competition. I'm gonna try to make it to some of these comps to run and have fun, I'm just waiting for one of them to be on a nice day. You have to admit that its a pretty bad coincidence(or ironic) that the last three comps have landed on the worst three weekends out of the past six weekends. It's been beautiful every other weekend. I know, cause I've been out crawling and/or running the 5B or TC4 on those.
I'm glad to see that some of you still manage to have some fun regardless of the weather. Some real die-hards.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg13x
I see 9 comps on the calander, 1 as a make up... But oh well. I'm in it for the fun of it, not the competition. I'm gonna try to make it to some of these comps to run and have fun, I'm just waiting for one of them to be on a nice day. You have to admit that its a pretty bad coincidence(or ironic) that the last three comps have landed on the worst three weekends out of the past six weekends. It's been beautiful every other weekend. I know, cause I've been out crawling and/or running the 5B or TC4 on those.
I'm glad to see that some of you still manage to have some fun regardless of the weather. Some real die-hards.
It's all about fun, comp or just bashing. One thing I've learned living in MN is:
If you let the weather dictate your fun. You might just be misrable 9 months out of the yr here. I had a blast today even know 2 of my 3 trucks had troubles. To me part of the fun is just getting together with people who have similar interests in R/c's, crawling etc. I refuse to let the weather play a part in my fun. Maybe the weather will be better for the Aug 27th comp??
I wouldn't bet on it, but we can always hope. I think when you live in Mn, you just have to cope with whatever the weather brings, and try to make the best of it.
Hope you can make the 27th comp Adogg? It should be a large turnout.
Also, have you seen the thread on the R/C-X games?? and are you at all interested in crawling in them?
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I also have lived here virtually all my life... I do prefer the cooler weather, that's why I choose to live in Minnesota. But unfortunatly the weather doesn't always work out on specific days, so I cope with that by changing/adjusting/re-scheduling plans for my fun. There are other things to do on a rainy day, leaving the nicer days for outdoor activities.

Wouldn't you have rather had a day without rain, or 'dangerous' heat? Wouldn't it have been better to get at least two runs for each class in today, like we've been doing for all the other comps? I'm betting, YES... But I see that the weather did dictate your day into limiting it to only 1 run per class. Below our norm.

Whatever, It doesn't seem to matter anyways. I'm out of the comp series, so there's one less person you need to worry about having to beat.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg13x
I also have lived here virtually all my life... I do prefer the cooler weather, that's why I choose to live in Minnesota. But unfortunatly the weather doesn't always work out on specific days, so I cope with that by changing/adjusting/re-scheduling plans for my fun. There are other things to do on a rainy day, leaving the nicer days for outdoor activities.

Wouldn't you have rather had a day without rain, or 'dangerous' heat? Wouldn't it have been better to get at least two runs for each class in today, like we've been doing for all the other comps? I'm betting, YES... But I see that the weather did dictate your day into limiting it to only 1 run per class. Below our norm.

Whatever, It doesn't seem to matter anyways. I'm out of the comp series, so there's one less person you need to worry about having to beat.
Actually, I wasn't worried about beating anyone. The extra competiton makes it even more fun (to me anyway) the weather only particially dictated our comp. 1 run is better then no run. And we tryed to get in the whole comp, actually if we'd a taken a break for a quick lunch, we might have gotten 2 runs in since the weather cleared fairly fast. We can only hope that the weather is nice on our comp days, but you know the old saying, "wish in One hand, sh!t in the other" Rescheduling/ajusting is an easy thing to do when it's you or you and your better half planning on something, but when it's a group thing, it's a little harder. Just imagine events like the Game Fair, State Fair, planned a yr ahead of time, when they get a day like today, it's huge $ loss for them because we can reschedule or go on another day, but since game Fair is a 6 day 2 weekend event, they might not make up their losses. We have to plan these events months ahead of time to give people a chance to reschedule/ajust their schedule's for the comps. I only wish we could count on the weather being nice, but again in MN it's impossible to predict the weather. We'd still like to have you run in the series, and hope you aren't discouraged? Alot of the Mn guys won't be able to make 6 comps this season, but will still run in them when they can. We welcome anyone anytime, it's all about fun. Make 1 comp or make them all, it's still a matter of fun first, come rain or shine. I would say if it had been pouring before comp time, it probably would have been rescheduled to our make-up date.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 08-13-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
Web Wheeling

http://www.turtlecrawler.com/comps/8-13-06/

Worked a little quicker this time around with the photos, I'll go through them tomarrow and post a few select ones in the thread here. But for now you can view all of them over at turtlecrawler.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:32 AM   #7
Web Wheeling

Picked out one picture of everyones truck that ran yesterday, check out my gallery for the rest of them. It was a fun event even though we did get rained out. I think both courses were very well balanced. And the super course was the best super course we have had yet.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #8
MWRCA'er

Great pic's, wish I was closer so I could make every comp. Course's look to be getting tough, I like it. Seems like every comp has a different set of lines. I like the look of that new log bridge, very twisty. My brother and I will be at the next one.

Last edited by Mnster; 08-14-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
Web Wheeling

Thanks Mnster, we are getting a lot better at course design with every comp. Though we did have to change the bridge setup a couple times before we found something that was doable with a TLT.... But it was cool that we were able to use both of the bridges in the TLT course this time around.

Will be good to see you and your brother up here again :-P
Old 08-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #10
MWRCA'er

What went on with Troys trucks? Glitching again? His trucks look like they are getting all the right mods.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #11
Web Wheeling

His first 2.2 truck was running good, but at the end of the second bridge he stripped his 32 pitch spur gear after the mesh loosened up on him. He tried to save it and fix it, but it was still skipping teeth. And his 2.2 mod was just super glitchy with the TQ3 radio, never even got started. His clod did very well, but he struggled at the finish gate, he wasn't the only one to have issues there though.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster
What went on with Troys trucks? Glitching again? His trucks look like they are getting all the right mods.
Stripped a sper gear about 2/3's of the way through the first 2.2 course and didn't have a spare. 2.2 mod just lost power before the run, couldn't figure it out fast enough and didn't wanna hold up the comp because it looked like rain moving in. My clod was working ok, just that last gate was tough as he!!, I made it right up last try. I'm putting a new spur in the sw2 tlt and if it keeps Fawking things up, I'm dumping that bl set up and going back to the 45t or 55t lathe, never had a problem with those. The bl system is great, but I've broke something every time out with it. I'm also picking up 2 receivers for the DX3 tomorrow for both other trucks. Fawk the TQ3

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 08-14-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
MWRCA'er

Just got to play with the slipper clutch. Remember slip not strip.

Honestly, I have the same system and miss the lathe motor. Sure it didn't have the fancy low speed torque or drag braking. But, the runtime, wheel speed and simple construction makes the lathes better.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:57 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Knock on wood, I haven't broken anything with my brushless setup-And I run without a slipper gear. The closest I came so far was a u joint that popped off. But in the same respect, I've been extremely carefull about the lines that I run so as to prevent getting in a stuck position. After seeing where Troy stripped out his gear, I adjusted my line just to avoid that same spot because he wasn't the only one to get hung up there. Unfortunatly, he was the only one to result in damage from it.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster
Great pic's, wish I was closer so I could make every comp. Course's look to be getting tough, I like it. Seems like every comp has a different set of lines. I like the look of that new log bridge, very twisty. My brother and I will be at the next one.

Ben, what day are you and your bro coming up? If you come up Fri night or Sat? That offer of an empty apt to stay in still stands. I'll take you on a Twincities hobby store tour Sat if you'd want?
LMK.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:15 PM   #16
MWRCA'er

At this point I'm not a 100% sure, my Mom and Sister want to go to the Mall of America or so they said a while back. I'll talk to them tomorrow and let you know. I'd like to come up Friday as I took off work just so I could come up. I'd really just like to hit the road again with my bro and not have all the woman mess to deal with. You know, to many suitcases, expensive hotels, being ordered/controlled around on vacation, whatever.

I'd love to take a tour of the hobby shops.

Last edited by Mnster; 08-16-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 PM   #17

Since the Nationals in Moab are coming up less then 2 weeks after this next MNRCRC comp #5, I'm treating this as "MN Moab" and bringing my A game