Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: SVSC first comp.... Oct 8th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Hi everyone, this is "Toph's" Dad here. Krys (Toph) is my 10 year old son who is big into wheeling. He loves the RC wheeling because it's something he can enjoy and take a big part of. The only problem is that he has no real group to be involved in or events to go to. I was VERY excited to see there is a group somewhat local. Unfortunatly I work this weekend (I really wish I could make this) so my wife will have to bring him to the event. He's very excited and we'd all like to learn more about this sport. He's been on the RCCrawler site for sometime now and for a boy his age he is very well versed in rock crawlin'. Any info from any of you veterans would be greatly apprecaited! He wants to compete and he's running a slightly modified EMaxx so we're not real sure what class he'd qualify for (I read "super class" is what was said earlier). A few pics of his rig below. I thank you all and hopefully the weather is with you this weekend! -Randy

Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #22
RCC Addict

yeah he can run that in super... it is in super simply due to tire size and wheelbase...

we would be glad to help out in anyway we can.
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

i just built my first crawler, a tlt with a junfac tracer, 3 lock'd diffs, 65t integy and lipo and im dying to run it. its probably now where near competetive as some rigs but i hope more so than a stock tlt. im in the dc area and am gonna try to make it up there. i'll be taking greyhound into york, if anyone is close by or going by i'd appreciate a lift to the comp.
you can pm me here or shoot me an email
thorsteenster@hotmail.com
thanks!
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #24
RCC Addict

hey i live right by the station......
i could give you a ride probably
Old 10-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Location: ROCK CRAWLIN AND RACING WHERE I WANT AND HOW I WANT!!!

hey randy,will be glad to help your son any way we can, i think its cool to hear a boy that young is really in to wheelin i also have two sons that will be there sunday there 9 and 12 and there really in to wheelin and rock crawlin to. sorry to hear you cant make it but were down there every sunday around 1:00 so maybe you can make it another time.
RocJoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

wow! looks like we're gonna have a good turn out sunday. looking forward to seeing alot of new faces.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:13 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

ok, after reading the rcc rules, i got a couple of questions. my tlt has 4 wheel steering but i have a nomadio where i can turn the 4WS off and the rear servo will more or less just keep the wheels strait while not functioning. 2nd, i have a nsx body with front and rear bumpers trimmed off, is this acceptable? other than that its a junfac tracer 65t integy and tobee wide kit and a small lipo. would like to know because i'll be coming up from the DC area and dont want to be surprised, i cant run or have to mod my ride. sorry, this is the first crawler ive built and the first event i may attend.
thanks!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

thorsteenster, your nsx body would be acceptable, but I'd have to check with the other guys on the nomadio.
crawlaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

thorsteenster, as long as your rear steer can be disabled, and not used during your run. it will be acceptable.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

I'm in, you need people there early to help set up?
teamtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #31
RCC Addict

we cant ever turn down help....
we will be getting there around 8am

the nsx it good to go, i was thinking about putting my old skyline body on the clod for ****s and grins
Old 10-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Hey Crawlers.....we will be having a drivers meeting @ 9:30 am. The comp will start around 10 am. SVSC will be there around 8 am. You can get there early!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:27 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

ive been waiting on beadlocks to come but i wont get them today, is there a lhs close to the event? i need some cheapo 2.2's and maybe a pinion for my tlt15t or under. also, if anyone's interested im going to bring a rc4wd rock bull chassis nib with emaxx tranny mounts. i also have a set, 2 pair, of maxx size proline velocity wheels, velocity 2.2 for rc10 and maxx size panther paddle tires, all brand new never used. if any one is interested let me now and i will bring em with me.
thanks!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Hey Thor...how much 4 the rock bull chassis?????
Old 10-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

i doubt if im gonna make it, last bus leaves in an hour. i can take one in the morning but i wont get there until probably 10, and thats to the stop in york and unless some one is running late im stuck at the stop.
rocjoc - i paid 199 for it, was going to use it but decided to make my own chassis. i'd like to get 199 for it, everything is there, chassis, hardware, links and ball ends, plus the maxx trans mounts. most likely i wont make it up tomorow but if your interested in it i'll pay shipping.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

ok, i need some help here fast guys, looking at amtrak i can make it to lancaster, how far is it and anyone going to the meet that way?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #37
RCC Addict

ok well he is on his way as of 7:33pm he just called me so we got that squared away.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I won't be there. Today's rain interfered with some needed wrenching on my 1:1 rig. Need to finish it up to get is back in service ASAP.

Sorry.
CronusTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

I'ma be there. I'll be leaving here from harrisburg about 9. I spent most of the day today wrenching on the rig trying to finish it all up and make sure it's ready.
offroadford4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #40
RCC Addict

cant wait to see everyone there i am so excited i cant sleep, i am still fine tunning.