Notices

Thread: **West Coast Qualifier Interest**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: **West Coast Qualifier Interest**

Axial fest is June 13- 15
which leaves two full weekends in June after that 20-22 & 27-29

Axial fest has become a pure scaler event and anyone headed there to run just the Rock Riot would probably choose your 4 to 5 course qualifier over 1 30 gate course (or whatever Parker ends up setting up) that being said comp crawlers is definitely not a focus for Axial fest and IMO it opens up that weekend too.

Regardless of what you pick June, July, or August someone will have some sort of conflict.

Life's about choices.

So pick a date where you are available, as well as those you know you will be depending on for help, then "build it and they will come"

So, If you are leaning towards June go for it.

You could even sell tickets to the event on your website skipping a lot of the costs behind Eventbrite or Constant contact.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Right on , I agree, we need this out here, i'm in, and I know a lot of my fellow crawlers will be in to
jerrys800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

yes you have axeil fest to contened with but you also have Scale Endurance and Team LERK events as well,do you want drivers flipping a coin to decide which comp to go too in the month of june,scale endurance brought 171 drivers last month,team lerk events are growing everyday,if you want a turn out its definitely not june
crawler66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler66 View Post
yes you have axeil fest to contened with but you also have Scale Endurance and Team LERK events as well,do you want drivers flipping a coin to decide which comp to go too in the month of june,scale endurance brought 171 drivers last month,team lerk events are growing everyday,if you want a turn out its definitely not june
you have a point. but playing that numbers game isn't fair. The 171 people you did have at scale endurance was impressive. But not many of those will drive the 4+ hours to drive in a comp where they have to pay an entrance fee to drive 4 or 5 ten gate courses (if they are going to offer the trail class).

This is not a decision made by a coin flip you pick what you wanna do. You and seph606 do a hell of a lot of work for your club and it has paid off. But if you guys want to attend a national qualifier which might have the same date as your club endurance the other guys should carry the load once in a while too.

I have had a great time at all the events I've attended. From nats all the way to local club events and fun crawls. Some events I can make others I can't. Like I said Life is about choices.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Location: norcal.. The real NorCal , like 400 miles north of NorCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
I would not count on being able to wheel the 1:1. As much as I would love to. In respect for the land owner I'd say no. We are still working on getting the location cheaper is its kinda hefty imo.
I'd like to see this happen..

Judging by the pic , the location is off oberlin rd..which would be nice since my house is no more than 4 mins away
There are many nearby areas to wheel the 1:1 rigs as well...

Count me in!
Yotapane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
you have a point. but playing that numbers game isn't fair. The 171 people you did have at scale endurance was impressive. But not many of those will drive the 4+ hours to drive in a comp where they have to pay an entrance fee to drive 4 or 5 ten gate courses (if they are going to offer the trail class).

This is not a decision made by a coin flip you pick what you wanna do. You and seph606 do a hell of a lot of work for your club and it has paid off. But if you guys want to attend a national qualifier which might have the same date as your club endurance the other guys should carry the load once in a while too.

I have had a great time at all the events I've attended. From nats all the way to local club events and fun crawls. Some events I can make others I can't. Like I said Life is about choices.
You are right and the club has decided that if you make this event happen we will work around it so all our drivers and myself will be able to attend
crawler66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #47
5th D Owner/Driver

Any updates on if this is going to happen or not?
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #48
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
Any updates on if this is going to happen or not?
Last I talked to Will he said there isn't enough time to plan one this year so it'll be put off till next year....
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote

**West Coast Qualifier Interest** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interest in West Slope Scale comps gdhknives Colorado 12 09-30-2011 02:32 PM
R.E.C.O.N. Rubber-2-Rock Winter Series Finals & West Coast AWCC Qualifier DRIVNMF Recon G6 53 05-08-2011 12:33 AM
Axial West Coast Qualifier #4 Part 1 RcBro Videos! 8 04-09-2010 07:34 AM
Axial West Coast Championship 5th Qualifier Hosted By CCRC, Apirl 10th 2010 thehammer Competitions 6 03-28-2010 07:47 PM
Axial West Coast Championship Qualifier #2 DRIVNMF Past RCCA qualifiers 1 02-04-2010 04:27 PM