Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Hawaii 2007 Class & Rules Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 03:37 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Arrow Hawaii 2007 Class & Rules Discussion

Well, after a great first year, we look forward to bigger and even better second year.

There's been alot of talk about adding classes. I myself would like to see something added. The three classes being talked about are Scale, 14" WB, & Spec.

Scale would be something you would see on the trails & driving down the street.

14" WB, pretty simple. Just need to use maxx sized rims & tires.

Spec class would be Highlifts only, with minimal mods.

I'm not sure if we should add 3 classes, I think that's a little too ambitious. I know any additional casses would need to be held on a different day.

Also, I think our rules need to addressed. IMO, we should use the USRCCA rule & stick to them. I also think everyone needs to know & understand the rules better.

This last comp we had went much faster running both courses at the same time. I think we should stick with this.

So, what do you guys think about all this? What classes would you like to see? What rules do you like/dislike?

Post up here, let's figure out what we're gonna do next year.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I agree with following the USRCCA rules so if anyone wanted to try and get a birth into Nationals then they would be preppared having run the whole season with 2 wheel stear...Also two course at the same time was probably the best idea so far As for classes added...you know im bout it bout it!!...Scale will be sick if anything i thing this will be the one that sticks!!...14rs are cool and if we can get enough rigs lets do it!...Spec?...Thats all you High Lift guysil be there to shoot the vid though
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:17 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Scale class

Was my first meeting with you guy's last week, I think a scale class would be SICK!!!! for next year, 2 wheel steer for sure not only because me and Aipohaku was the only ones I think HA!!!
TOYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:42 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

wouldn't mind having a scale class, different day though. running two courses at the same time was wonderful, at least you could play alittle after. the last three comps i entered was great, looking forward to running my first full season.
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

High Lift Class sound mean to meee.. I will be getting one soon

And the rules need to be cleared up, becuase some guys say 1 thing and other guys say another thing and i dont know anything, Maybe make a rules sheet and make copies for all HRCC members, and everyone stick to the rules,,,, not make up rules Then i think people wont get mad and Throw and stomp their red tubers into smitherins

Laterz Hamma
Team Kamakaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamakaze
High Lift Class sound mean to meee.. I will be getting one soon

And the rules need to be cleared up, becuase some guys say 1 thing and other guys say another thing and i dont know anything, Maybe make a rules sheet and make copies for all HRCC members, and everyone stick to the rules,,,, not make up rules Then i think people wont get mad and Throw and stomp their red tubers into smitherins

Laterz Hamma
Red Tubers
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Maybe make a rules sheet and make copies for all HRCC members
They are available here http://www.rccrawler.com/rules2006.pdf if you have a printer make a copy, study it, keep it in your pocket at all times.

The only real problem I saw was the reverse rule. I don't know why some of you can't understand it. Anytime your wheel rotates in the reverse direction after forward progress, 1pt. Intentional or not. I don't see the difficulty. If you roll back on an incline, 1pt. Simple. Here's where some may be confused, if you reverse, stop, then reverse again, it's still only 1pt. If you're stuck on something & hit reverse, forward, reverse, forward untill you free your truck, it's 1pt for every reverse. Hope that kinda clears it up.

I too, would like to see the scale class started. This would probably be the most fun of them all. We could run this class on a seperate weekend & with only one class for that day, it would leave alot of "play" time after.

So, what kind of rules should we have for the scale class?

Here's some that I think would be good.
No TVP or Stick chassis. Like bender's SW2
Bonus points for scale items. Leaf springs, spare tire, interior, lights, stuff like that. More for leafs to discourage 4-links.
2.2 or smaller tires.
2 wheel steer.

Anything else?

Poor red tuber. Someone cracked under pressure.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Dat red tuber ahhh poor ting:-(
shut d's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Then i think people wont get mad and Throw and stomp their red tubers into smitherins

Laterz Hamma
NO!!
kaaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaina
NO!!
Yes

and i think that whatever is left of it is for sale:-(

Too bad, that red tuber was a top contender....ohh well i think that he has secret plans in the works for next year.

Later Hamma
Team Kamakaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:40 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

secret!!!!!!. my secret is so top secret even i don't know what the secret is . try and figga dat out.
goingvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:36 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut d's
Dat red tuber ahhh poor ting:-(
Quote:
NO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingvertical
secret!!!!!!. my secret is so top secret even i don't know what the secret is . try and figga dat out.
So, this is all you three have to say?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE
So, this is all you three have to say?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

my input is the we should set up a meeting for everyone to attend and discuss the rules and classes, just my $.02
Old 11-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Though I havent even entered a comp yet, I do try to make it just to hang out. Overall the comps been running OK and with the change of running two groups was even better. As an outsider looking in and talking with most of the members, I notaced the two major things and the following is just my input.

1. As mentioned above the rules. What ever it may be it must be followed to the "T" and be black and white without conflics. and the idea to following the national rules is its set we dont need to think and two if any of us makes it to the nationals, we know the rules.

2. Score keeping and spoting. At times I'd hear someone say "by the end of the day I'm tired" or "oh what happend to the day I didn't have a chance to play" and so on. So i was thinking, what if the scoring and spoting be like running the other r/c racing that when you are done racing its your turn to turn marshal. So this would be the sequence after your run, you spot for the next person up then when that person is done, he/she spots and you take over the score board from the person who spoted your run and this continoues untill the group is done. This way we all share the duties and the fun equally.
JoeWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
my input is the we should set up a meeting for everyone to attend and discuss the rules and classes, just my $.02
Yes, I agree. When & where? ...........someplace with beer.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:54 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorks
2. Score keeping and spoting. At times I'd hear someone say "by the end of the day I'm tired" or "oh what happend to the day I didn't have a chance to play" and so on. So i was thinking, what if the scoring and spoting be like running the other r/c racing that when you are done racing its your turn to turn marshal. So this would be the sequence after your run, you spot for the next person up then when that person is done, he/she spots and you take over the score board from the person who spoted your run and this continoues untill the group is done. This way we all share the duties and the fun equally.
We actually did this at the last comp. It worked kinda well, just needs consitancy from the spotter. I think that will come with more experiance & rule understanding.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE
Yes, I agree. When & where? ...........someplace with beer.
just give some time about 2 weekss so we can make arangements some place nuetral
Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

any schedule on the discussion meeting??
JoeWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Ok, here's what's going on.

A new USRCCA Rules committee has been formed. Each established club nation wide has a rep. Right now, I am our's. We will go over the existing rules & make changes as necessary. The deadline for the 2007 rules is Dec. 31. I will PM you to keep you updated & get your opinions before voting.
**Post here if you want to be on the PM list.

With that being said, HRCC will be addidng a Scale class.
I'll post some rules & specs tonight. Then we can hammer them out into a final version.

How do you guys feel about a 2.2 crawl for cash on Dec. 10?