Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Tons of Axialfest q's!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question Tons of Axialfest q's!!!

Hullo all,

I'm considering going to Axialfest in a few years, running in the G6 stages mostly and using an SCX-10 with mods and i was wondering a few things:

1. Is there a tire modification limit?

2. What are the class limitations? In SORRCA official rules it'll be classified as Class 2, but I don't know about this event.

3. Are there similar penalties to the SORRCA rules?

4. Is a slow, high torque (45 or 55 turn) motor or fast, low-ish torque motor (12-27 turn) more useful?

None of these answers will affect me going, just preparation. If there are any other suggestions, please tell me, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thnx, The Anthro

Last edited by tbird2000; 11-25-2013 at 03:11 AM.
tbird2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Tons of Axialfest q's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird2000 View Post
Hullo all,

I'm considering going to Axialfest in a few years, running in the G6 stages mostly and using an SCX-10 with mods and i was wondering a few things:

1. Are we allowed to use recovery boards? If so, is there a limit on the use?yes no limit

2. Is there a tire modification limit? nope as long as it has axial running gear

3. What are the class limitations? In SORRCA official rules it'll be classified as Class 2, but I don't know about this event.not a sorrca event ether 1.9 or 2.2 thats it

4. Are there similar penalties to the SORRCA rules? nope

5. Is a slow, high torque (45 or 55 turn) motor or fast, low-ish torque motor (12-27 turn) more useful? i run big power but thats just me i lot of guys run 27-35 turn and do great remember this is a 3 day gig

None of these answers will affect me going, just preparation. If there are any other suggestions, please tell me, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thnx, The Anthro
and most of all have fun
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Subscribed since I 'm thinking of going as well
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird2000 View Post
Hullo all,

1. Is there a tire modification limit?

Yes. You can sipe, cut, or remove lugs as you see fit. No cut & shuts. This tire mod is not scale and results in a time penalty if ran. The rule of thumb is "Keep it Scale".

2. What are the class limitations? In SORRCA official rules it'll be classified as Class 2, but I don't know about this event.

At Axialfest, your Axial based rig is always "First Class"! Who am I to tell you how to build your scaler? There are some new classes for 2014, I will post you a link when those are available. Which will soon.

3. Are there similar penalties to the SORRCA rules?

No.

4. Is a slow, high torque (45 or 55 turn) motor or fast, low-ish torque motor (12-27 turn) more useful?

Motor depends on you and your driving style / experience. I find a 35T on 3S works well. Others run 55T on 3S. Big Boys Run sensored brushless on 6S.

The rule of thumb here is, "Know your truck & drive smart".

HAVE FUN! KEEP IT SCALE! HAVE BATTERY!

Thnx, The Anthro
Your very welcome, The Anthro. I look forward to seeing you getting your scaler fix, in the 2014 Axialfest RECON G6!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Tbird...why in a few years?
I have a buddy who lived a life of "someday". He died with a bunch of things he never did before he was 19. Find a G6 close to you, or heck, drive a day or two with your folks or older "responsible" adults, find a buddy whose folks are into RC....

Don't live for someday...get out there and do it now...these little rigs are toys and Axialfest is an event...don't take it serious...go play...

Colorado has tons of events and guys with kids into scale rigs..... Somebody in the square state adopt this kid and get him to a G6!

Last edited by AdventureIQ; 11-26-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I went to my first Axialfest this year. What an experience!! Epic location in the mountains, 3 days of camping, socializing, wrenching, eating and most all...driving your G Ride almost non stop.

The rigs that people run range from straight out of the box RTRs to high dollar custom builds. Its run what ya brung and I promise you will have just as much fun as the the next guy

Mark June 2014 on your calendar, go out for scale runs with the locals and tell them you want to go to AXIALFEST!!

gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
I went to my first Axialfest this year. What an experience!! Epic location in the mountains, 3 days of camping, socializing, wrenching, eating and most all...driving your G Ride almost non stop.

The rigs that people run range from straight out of the box RTRs to high dollar custom builds. Its run what ya brung and I promise you will have just as much fun as the the next guy

Mark June 2014 on your calendar, go out for scale runs with the locals and tell them you want to go to AXIALFEST!!

Do any of the bone stock rigs finish well against some modded rigs?...Im sure driving skill comes into play as well but just asking in general how well you may have noticed one might finish.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureIQ View Post
Tbird...why in a few years?
I have a buddy who lived a life of "someday". He died with a bunch of things he never did before he was 19. Find a G6 close to you, or heck, drive a day or two with your folks or older "responsible" adults, find a buddy whose folks are into RC....

Don't live for someday...get out there and do it now...these little rigs are toys and Axialfest is an event...don't take it serious...go play...

Colorado has tons of events and guys with kids into scale rigs..... Somebody in the square state adopt this kid and get him to a G6!
It will be either 2014, 2015, or 2016, i just need to get my mods done and I'll be hitting the trails in the Sierras. Sorry for the misconception, but it will be very soon. The hobby is just very expensive, and at thirteen it's a little difficult to buy stuff.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

R.E.C.O.N. G6 "Why do you G6?" - YouTube
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Do any of the bone stock rigs finish well against some modded rigs?...Im sure driving skill comes into play as well but just asking in general how well you may have noticed one might finish.
The Mantra for RECON G6 is... "Finishing a G6 is like winning a G6". In terms of which is better, its really inconclusive. Ive seen stock rigs walk up obstacles the modded rigs have issues with. Overall Parker creates courses that are challenging to the driver and the rig but far from impossible. You always have your trusty tow rope to have a fellow G6er help you out.

Stock Vs Modded? I think neither are greater
Old 11-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
The Mantra for RECON G6 is... "Finishing a G6 is like winning a G6". In terms of which is better, its really inconclusive. Ive seen stock rigs walk up obstacles the modded rigs have issues with. Overall Parker creates courses that are challenging to the driver and the rig but far from impossible. You always have your trusty tow rope to have a fellow G6er help you out.

Stock Vs Modded? I think neither are greater
well said, my friend, I did have a question put in about which mod, but what I do will be based on my driving style and what clicks with my habits AS WELL AS my truck and the terrain at hand. I've been to the Sierra Nevada mountains on vaca, so I'll just go with what you give on the answers. Thanks everyone, and if anyone else has advice, I'll gladly take it to heart and see you in a year or so!!!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

My 12 yr daughter uses full stock scx10 with winch and mine is close to stock kit. She tugged me in the last few gates and to the finish with her rig.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

It really doesnt matter if you have a stock rig or modded rig......Just have fun, and the scale side of this hobby that's what its all about. fun fun fun
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

The stock honcho right out of the box is a great crawling truck. Reliable and dependable. Have seen many stock trucks compete and finish most G6 events. We ran one last year only upgrade was weighted wheels and upgraded tires it out performed some upgraded trucks.. My only other upgrade suggestion would be to upgrade the front steering link. Other then that go have. Everyone here is like a family here to help before event on the trail or repairing trucks to get you to the finish..
mtbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the noob (dumb) question, but can an XR10 run at Axialfest? I'm new to the crawler world and trying to figure out what Axial Rig I want to buy. I have 2 picked out, but wanted to know about the XR. Then Ill have 3 to choose from!
kingfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfuzz View Post
Hey everyone!

Sorry for the noob (dumb) question, but can an XR10 run at Axialfest? I'm new to the crawler world and trying to figure out what Axial Rig I want to buy. I have 2 picked out, but wanted to know about the XR. Then Ill have 3 to choose from!
Yes you can run an XR10 since it is an Axial, however it is not the most ideal rig for a Recon G6 event. I would strongly suggest picking up an SCX10 or a Wraith as a first crawler if you are new to the hobby. Both of thoes vehicles are much better suited to the conditions likely to be found on stage at Axialfest. (Long distance driving, mud, rocks, trails, etc.) After some time behind the wheel of a scale rig, if you find you like a compitition style rig better, than by all means pick up an XR10.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I also saw that the XR10 is more of a kit (needs electronics) so i will be going for a wraith or SCX10 since i dont want to spend that much right now. This will be my first crawler (not my first RC by a long shot) but Im stuck between the Falken Edition or the Wraith... Its so tough
Old 06-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfuzz View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I also saw that the XR10 is more of a kit (needs electronics) so i will be going for a wraith or SCX10 since i dont want to spend that much right now. This will be my first crawler (not my first RC by a long shot) but Im stuck between the Falken Edition or the Wraith... Its so tough
If i was in the market for a new rig, I'd buy the Falken rig, but hey, both platforms are awesome.

If your at Axialfest, find a white wraith Ford Raptor and say hi
Old 06-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I wish I could make it this year but there is no way. If im lucky ill be there next year. but definitely 2016. HAHA yes im probably the only one planning to be there 2 years from now
Old 08-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #20

Where can I find the rules for axialfest for 2015 I'm new at this and can't find the rules
RUBICON04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tons of Axialfest q's!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help for Axialfest!!! mud digger Electronics 10 06-18-2013 10:49 PM
Axialfest 2013? BentMetaL General Scale Talk 2 05-19-2013 02:17 PM
Axialfest: Does not look like a bust to me The Violator Chit Chat 18 06-27-2012 11:41 PM