Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2007 Nor-Cal Event #1 Jan 27th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
Im Brandon

Default 2007 Nor-Cal Event #1 Jan 27th

Here we go starting out fresh for the new season! Hope to see everyone there. Please see http://www.nor-calrcrc.com for rules, directions, and futures comp dates.

Also shown here: 2007 Nor-Cal Comp Schedule
Attached Images

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Oppan Gangnam Style

nice job on the flier! see you there!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I want to make it but as normal I have a lot of work to do, do not think I will make it. Dang I have to install the Detriot Locker in the front and weld new spring purch pads on the rear. Then I will be able to drive the Bronco to the meets. When that is done Hope the meet will be at Hollister.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Now thats a Killer Flyer

I am looking forward to starting out the New Season with a Bang. Got myseft a sponsor Shake & Bake

51504rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
Im Brandon

Lol I love it! Shake and Bake
Old 01-27-2007, 01:21 AM   #6

ill try and make it out there.
burnurban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Im Brandon

Yup figures. I cant get away from the house with this remodel going on... Im really sorry I missed another :-(
Old 01-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #8

would of tried to make it if I would of known earlier. Still have alot to do on the rig though. Maybe next time.
Visinoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Congrats to our winner Jared and to everyone else for a great opening event for 2007!!!
The season opener was a wet and wild ride. I drove up to Linda Vista park at about 7:30 to scope for courses and boy was the rain ever coming down. Even with wipers at full blast I could barely see the cars in front of me. By the time people showed up though, the rain had settled down to a random drizzle and then nothing at all. Just like that, the 2007 Nor-Cal winter series came to a start. The courses were wet, slippery, and un-doable in one case. A start of the event course change was required for course #2.

Courses #1 & 2 were just plain brutal. Twisty, tight, tipsy, and just plain mean. If you finished the course, you did something that most others couldn't do. Once again I set the courses just a tad too hard, though by last years standards, I think these were the meanest yet and people still finished them, so that says something about how good you guys are getting.

Course #3 we tried something a bit different. Due to finishing so quickly on the first 2 courses, we doubled the size of the last course to an astounding 10 gates not including the start gate. There was a bonus waterfall that was now wet from the rain or you could take the "easier" route up the moss laden slippery slope. Was one easier than the other? With how wet it was, not by much. Dean showed us the line up the normal route with a burp of wheel speed, slip it sideways a car width across the face, then a full throttle jaunt up to the top. It was a ride that was almost a show stopper. Daniel and I were the only ones to make the bonus and the only reason why I took it was because there was no loss for me for not trying being so far back in the pack. The rest of the course was packed with under cuts, side hills, belly draggers, and my favorite S-curve which was a thinker and required smooth vehicle control.

All in all, it was a good turn out and given the wetitude, the courses were fairly consistent and fun. At least I had fun anyway.

A BIG congrats go out to Jared who had to start the first course of the day and had bad luck, but was able to ace the final course to push him into the lead at the end of the day. The bonus line paid off for me and a little "Shake&Bake" gave me the flava to pull in a second place just a mere 3 points in front of Dean. Dean was able to get best score on two of the courses, so BIG congrats goes out to him for that as well.

Here are the final results:

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:48 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

wow! I was expecting 3rd. I would like to thank Dirty Little Whore for coming through again and making it possible! I was long, slippery, and tight but "The Whore" came through!

The courses were awesome Sam! and I liked the bigger course on #3 nice change up.
sicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:13 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicj
wow! I was expecting 3rd. I would like to thank Dirty Little Whore for coming through again and making it possible! I was long, slippery, and tight but "The Whore" came through!

The courses were awesome Sam! and I liked the bigger course on #3 nice change up.

I am still pissing my pants just remembering when you were yelling out the name of your rig as those park walkers were strolling by.

Great job though man. I am glad you liked the courses and that the Dirty Little Whore was brought back to play. It is by far the sickest tube rig ever.

-Sam
Old 01-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #12
Oppan Gangnam Style

congratulations jared! way to tease and manipulate your dirty little whore!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #13

Hey, Just wanted to let you norcal rockers know me and my son had a great time, And can't wait for feb 18 comp, Thanks Dennis & joe
clod for sale (lol)
AL4JPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL4JPIN
Hey, Just wanted to let you norcal rockers know me and my son had a great time, And can't wait for feb 18 comp, Thanks Dennis & joe
clod for sale (lol)

It was great having you guys out this weekend. I loved the rigs you guys brought and I can see that you guys have the "bug". Joe did great at his first comp and was cool calm and focused which is the hardest part. See you guys at the next event.

-Sam
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I would just like to thank Adam for getting back into the crawling scene....I am no longer gonna be last..........
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #16
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD
I would just like to thank Adam for getting back into the crawling scene....I am no longer gonna be last..........
You forgot about me. The only reason Adam got more points then me at the last comp was because he broke and couldn't run anymore.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD

Well Brian, once I get the “dirty little whore’s cousin” figured out and working properly you’ll be rejoining the bottom ranks, again…
briggs is offline   Reply With Quote