Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal Comp Series Final Event!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #161
Quarry Creeper

Thanks to all who showed up and made it a great day. A special thanks to the judges who were very patient and helpful to me in my first event. My son Ryan also enjoyed himself and hopefully will be my crawling pal next year. Guess what he will be getting for his next birthday. Also, thanks to the nice lady who put sunscreen on him so he didn't totally burn up.

I live across the lake by Folsom Point and had no idea that such a fun and tough spot existed there. It looks like there are many good spots to crawl when the water recedes.

I enjoyed meeting a couple of fellow Sac area guys, Keith and Paul. PM me if you want to meet up sometime to practice. Congrats to Keith for the first place finish in the super class. I would like to see how the NN drooper compares to your rig.

Take care all.
Jeeper Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #162
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tom2go View Post
rockhugger:

Paul, this is your last chance to try and out do me in a comp... .... or at least dream of it!!!

Don't forget to make a bunch of last minute changes the night before the comp!
so, Tom, I beat you!!
this is all I needed to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Here you are ladies and Tom.
Tom, 37, 38, 27

Paul, 40, 36, 19

2.2 Standings for this event:

12th, Paul

15th, Tom
I fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper Creeper View Post
Thanks to all who showed up and made it a great day. A special thanks to the judges who were very patient and helpful to me in my first event. My son Ryan also enjoyed himself and hopefully will be my crawling pal next year. Guess what he will be getting for his next birthday. Also, thanks to the nice lady who put sunscreen on him so he didn't totally burn up.

I live across the lake by Folsom Point and had no idea that such a fun and tough spot existed there. It looks like there are many good spots to crawl when the water recedes.

I enjoyed meeting a couple of fellow Sac area guys, Keith and Paul. PM me if you want to meet up sometime to practice. Congrats to Keith for the first place finish in the super class. I would like to see how the NN drooper compares to your rig.

Take care all.
nice to meet you too. I will definately be pm'ing you to set something up. It sounds like you have some great terrain on your side of the lake as well.
nice rig by the way.
Attached Images

rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #163
Quarry Creeper

Hey Paul, I appreciate the pics......even a good shot of the lad. I found the knuckle bearing thread you told me about and will be doing that soon, as well as aluminum servo horn, cvd's, etc. etc. etc.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoK5 View Post
No worries. I showed Dean and Dustin the spot in Morgan Hill, so expect a comp out there really soon. Expect lines as tough or tougher than you saw at Folsom!!
oh boy thats going to be fun and in my back yard too! well lets get togeather and reset up my rig!?
theonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #165
Quarry Creeper

You know back in the old days I used to whip the butts of these young wipper-snappers like rockhugger and Norcal Crawler. It looks like I have taught them too much and now they are beating me, badly.

Rockhugger...it's about time! Nice job Brian and Paul. Way to represent SAC!
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #166
RCC Addict

Dean, Congrats on the event win!! I know you worked hard on your rig and your technique. The scores you put down are dominating. Next season I will have to make some courses harder to keep you challenged. Now keep it up for the Nationals!!!

Quote:
2nd, Dustin (Clenching his victory on the Nor-Cal circuit)
Sweet job dude. You have been working hard to drive that victory. Great job in dominating the ENTIRE season!! Your name is now added to the Winners Cup for Nor-Cal season winners!!.
2005 Fall Series - SlinkySam (Tube Chassis / Mashers)
2006 Winter Series - SlinkySam (Jeep / custom plate Chassis / Moabs)
2006 Summer Series - Daniel 1BeatJeep (Gimbal Chassis / Mashers)
2007 Winter Series - Dustin 51504Rock (Bug / SW3 / Mashers)
Now show them boys in Moab what it's all about.

Quote:
3rd, Jared (Showing he still has game in the crawling arena):-P
Was there ever any doubt in J's game? Dude, everytime I had to pull up along side Jared at a comp, my knees would weaken. Since he had his black Jeep in 05 through the new tuber, he is a dominate force. I think he took event #1 also. If he was able to attend all the events, I bet he would give everyone a run for the cup. Is there a Summer series win on the horizon? We shall see.

Quote:
5th, Brandon (Keeping Team Shake & Bake in the top 5)
Yo Brando, great job. Top 5 with these clowns is awesome. With nearly no testing time on the new setup, you pulled in the top 5. Now THAT is sweet. Next season I want to hear you say "{insert name} I am gonna come after you like a spider monkey!" and snag some wins.

Quote:
8th, Marcus
Sweet job Marcus. I see the comp rig made a difference for you. Keep up the rise on the ladder.

Quote:
12th, Paul
15th, Tom
I think Paul has mentioned it before. Tom, Tom Tom..... how could this be. Good job Paul taking a win over Tom. He's a tough cat to get past.

Most of all, Congrats Team Shake & Bake!!! Wish I could have been there to attempt to be a part of the dominance The courses look technical and fun. Hopefully in October, we can get it in the Rocks again in Folsom.

-Sam
p.s. More pics please
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:40 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam View Post
Sweet job Marcus. I see the comp rig made a difference for you. Keep up the rise on the ladder.

thanks sam i would have drove harder if i was not borrowing the axles and pede tranny THANKS BRANDON summer series HERE I COME! im going to give brandon dustin and dean another top runner. i will need lots of seat time with the new rig but i was happy i got a top ten!!!!! for the first comp truck and shockless to boot!! I can only improve on my driving skills and with a confidence boosting 8th place im ready for summer series!

LETS GO SUMMER SERIES

go TEAM SHAKE n' BAKE! at the finals!

Last edited by smokinubyrc; 07-16-2007 at 11:49 PM.
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #168
Oppan Gangnam Style

SUMMER SERIES coming soon to a rock pile near (or not so near) you!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
SUMMER SERIES coming soon to a rock pile near (or not so near) you!
not too soon im still waiting on my pede tranny and axles to get here if they do!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 AM   #170
Oppan Gangnam Style

Summer Series starts tomorrow at 0800 soldier! You'd better make it or else you'll be on poop patrol!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Summer Series starts tomorrow at 0800 soldier! You'd better make it or else you'll be on poop patrol!
and i think im going to get a new esc !
Old 07-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #172
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam View Post

Yo Brando, great job. Top 5 with these clowns is awesome. With nearly no testing time on the new setup, you pulled in the top 5. Now THAT is sweet. Next season I want to hear you say "{insert name} I am gonna come after you like a spider monkey!" and snag some wins.

Most of all, Congrats Team Shake & Bake!!! Wish I could have been there to attempt to be a part of the dominance The courses look technical and fun. Hopefully in October, we can get it in the Rocks again in Folsom.

-Sam
p.s. More pics please

Actually I tested it on some curbs

Thanks Sam! I will be sure to get "All hopped up on Mountian Dew" as well

Cant wait for October!!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #173
Im Brandon

BTW Did anyone get pics of my 6x6??

Also, thanks to trickster look what I had to do
Attached Images

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
BTW Did anyone get pics of my 6x6??

Also, thanks to trickster look what I had to do
I think I might have to do that with the chassis in the pic here, the body is for something else
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #175
RCC Addict

Yup, the Highlift tires work awesome on the TA02 on the terrain at Folsom. It is just an all around fun rig... HC, is yours the Hummer one? Looks a little longer...
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #176
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikster View Post
Yup, the Highlift tires work awesome on the TA02 on the terrain at Folsom. It is just an all around fun rig... HC, is yours the Hummer one? Looks a little longer...
I think it is the hummer chassis, not sure, don't have it yet, it gets here thursday, in the other pictures it has the hummer wheels on it, check it out
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #177
RCC Addict

Nice rig! If the wheelbase is 11" than its the Hummer. The F150 and the older S10 are 10". I run it more than the rest of my RC's combined.
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:12 PM   #178
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper Creeper View Post

Take care all.
Sorry, I forgot you name, but it was nice meeting you and your son. Once I get my servo repaired I'll PM you so we can meet up and do some crawl'n.

Take it easy,
Keith
spoder514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #179
Quarry Creeper

Hey Keith, I am Rob and my son is Ryan. I look forward to crawlin with you too. Take care