Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Comp attendance explosion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Comp attendance explosion?

WARCRC has experienced a massive increase in attendance the last two comps, no coincidence that the Axial became widely available at the same time. I am curious, have other clubs seen the same thing?

Last weekends comp showed 58 2.2's and 17 supers. (We did 3 courses for each in about 7 hours, including a big raffle and other activities. It was huge.) The comp prior to that was about the same.

It's great seeing so much growth, and I am wondering how other clubs are handling the extra load.
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I belong to a racing club rather than a crawler club, but I've been trying FOREVER to get guys to come out. This time last year, there was 4 of us with crawlers. We just had a little get-together this last weekend and had 12-15 guys show up. The Axial crawlers outnumbered all the other comp crawlers. Our group doubled in size in just the the last month and we have 3 more guys that just bought new Axials in the last couple days. And these are all hardcore nitro guys who originally thought crawling was stupid.

I had one guy tell me that this weekend was the first time in a long time that he was NOT ready to go home when he had to leave. Alot of guys seem to like it because of the more non-competitive, non-drama nature of it, except that we weren't there for more than a half hour before the trash-talking started

Last edited by K_B; 10-24-2007 at 05:05 PM.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
RCC Addict

This is a partial line-up before we got rolling that morning...

Here is the comp before that.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Right on, that is to cool, good pics also. Here in Colorado it has stayed about the same for the summer event. We have had some newbies post up in the Rocks thread that they will be coming to the next comp this Sunday, which would indicate things are growing. I'm not sure which rigs they have, but I'll try to make a note of it and get back to you on that.

We lost alot of the normal croud when the winter series ended and the summer series started, I think because of summer fun and family. I bet they all show back up for the winter series which isn't to far off.

I've never cordinated an event, so I can't give you any pointers on that, unfortunately. Hope it keeps going well and doesn't turn into a two day event.

Stew
STEW<CO> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

No need for help with coordination tips, we have a system that is working very well, even with the large amount of rigs showing up. I am beginning to wonder if we might be the largest club out there? At the very least, top 5!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought out turnouts were good

we've added a few here as well at the MN rc rock crawlers club
pro beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Man thats so cool. There is only one lousy LHS in my area and i recently spent sometime looking around it. I told the guy..who was the owner, about my crawlers and he just went blank and said..."craw....whats that?" So its safe to say NO ONE is in this thing but me here!..LOL!
chaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Our club is young, but the comps have grown each time. we had 16 2.2's and 6 supers at our last one. Some guys from SVSC joined us. Its great. Love your group shot, holy shat!!!
Savrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Good thread Jer. I was wondering if other clubs were feeling the same growth as ours.

We will see if it continues but from what I heard from some of the new competitors, they are already planning for this coming series.
SMR4RUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Yeah Mike. I am also getting the distinct feeling we might be breaking records nationwide in comp attendance.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

We've also gained a few more 'players' since the AX10 came out, especially due to the ORCRC Ax10 spec class. It's a great kit to get new crawlers into the hobby...
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #13