Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Connecticut

Notices

Thread: (EDITED!) The next NewEngland crawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default (EDITED!) The next NewEngland crawl

Hi guys! Looks like the next NE crawl will be Saturday September 25th. Location will probably be Waterbury, Connecticut. Roughly, it is about 45 minutes from the New York/CT border (west), and maybe 1.5 hours from the Massachussets border (east).
Here in wtby, there is a mostly dried-up riverbed that is 90 percent rock. KonaJoe has seen a short vid of the location, and Trac95ker has crawled there with myself. The rock is mostly smooth from river erosion, and some are slippery from river slime. Trac95ker and I are going to crawl there again on Tuesday, so we'll shoot some video and properly explore the area.
Anybody have any input or suggestions for the date and\or location? This is just a preliminary post to get some talk going on, so let's hear your input if you'd like to come along. We had 5 crawlers last time, and 1 in-progress. That in progress Clod is done and ready to rock now! So, maybe we'll get 7 or more crawlers this time???? Vince
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: (EDITED!) The next NewEngland crawl

Waterbury ,Now I can Be at that one!! Clods Ready and TLT is apart.Jeep Jero is all ready also.Thats a Sat? I cant get out until around 1pm,That good?
Bigbadwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hmmm I might have a truck up and running by than. Ill watch this thread closely to find out the exact times and whatnot.
Jim511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

What do you guys think about crawlin in Waterbury and then finishing up at my place in Shelton with some crawlin and cookin BBQ style? Hamburgers and hotdogs. That way some of the travelers from the Northeast may be closer to home.

I have some good crawlin in my backyard. Small sections all over the yard.
Trac95ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Whitey and Jim, show up whenever/however you can. Normally, we plan on around 11:00 AM meeting time. We always wind up crawling untill the sun starts to go down (or everybody is broken or out of batteries!). Sometimes we hang around even after that and continue the BS session.
Y'all know that I'll crawl anywhere/anytime/with anybody!!! I'm ready to run to Trac95er's place after the river! It's a 1/2 hour drive from the river, I've been there countless times. Good crawling out there too!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Tracker where exactly do you live in Shelton? Unfortunately I havent gotten anywhere near as far done on a truck as I wanted to, so I wont be able to crawl just yet.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:25 PM   #7

hey guys it's derrick i met you at the lincoln crawl. let me know an exact address so i can mapquest or something to get directions thanks Derrick
d-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:03 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Hi guys! We normally plan on meeting in the 11:00 am area. For anybody who has not crawled with us before, you might want to get a cell phone # from Trac95ker or KonaJoe. That way you can call if you're running early/late or whatever.
Derrik and Whitey; the place is very, very easy to find. There is a few ways to get there, but this is the most direct, easiest to explain route:

Take Route 8 North (from 95) to exit 29. Turn right at bottom of exit ramp. *(If you come up Route 8 South (from Route 84), then just turn left at the bottom of the ramp.)* After turning from the ramp, go to the 2nd stoplight, maybe 1/2 mile down.
There will be a Howard Johnsons diner/restaurant on your left at the 2nd stoplight. We will be meeting there at the HoJos. The crawling spot is a few hundred feet down the road from HoJos.
If for whatever reason you miss us at HoJos, just turn left at that 2nd light and HoJos (You'll pass under Route 8 ). You'll see a few vehicles parked on the right side of the street just a short way in. That will be us!

This really is a cool place. There is 5 places that are seriously tough!!! Trac95ker and I have crawled here a few times, and some places we still can't get. Aside from that, there is rock everywhere that makes for cool cruising around and great scenery for photos/videos. With more guys running around, we'll probably find even more stuff that we hadn't seen before!!! See y'all on the 25th! Vince
Old 09-20-2004, 06:54 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, wont be able to make it out this time, but I have good news! Im finally getting rid of my HPI RS4 onroad, and in trade Im getting a TLT roller! Will I be able to hang with the bigger rigs on the terrain you guys drive on? I plan on turning it into a TLT-10, or pretty much a 2.2 tired beast. Can't wait to get it and start wrenching!
Old 09-26-2004, 06:02 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Any pics? Hopefully I'll be able to make it someday in the near future.
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote