Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Connecticut

Notices

Thread: any crawlers/bashers in manchester area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default any crawlers/bashers in manchester area?

im looking to get out some time and meet some new people. I go locally around manchester atleast once and week and want to know if there are others out here ready to wheel. as for the comps, i work on sundays and have school saturday mornings so those are out for now. (robbob has been keeping me posted on all events) thanx and hope to see you out there!!
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #2

I am in glastonbury. I have 3 rigs that are semi operational and I just ordered a SCX honcho today, so hopefully will have 4 by memorial day. Where do u usually run your rigs? I have been looking for a good place to go.
darkstar06109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar06109 View Post
I am in glastonbury. I have 3 rigs that are semi operational and I just ordered a SCX honcho today, so hopefully will have 4 by memorial day. Where do u usually run your rigs? I have been looking for a good place to go.
Ive been out to Del Reeves (the old Nike missile site) a few times, theres some spots out there. Case Mountain on Spring St is a good little spot to toy around in for practice.

Youve also got Bolton Notch down by the old Manchester Drive-in ...... other then those there arent to many really good spots close that I know of.

If your up for a 30 minute drive theres always Rock Island down in Norwich. Crawlinhulls from ECRC club owns the land and has a prime rock garden setup that we practice and comp on.

http://ecrccrawlers.phpbb.net/index.php is their website.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:22 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default trails

well that's about it in this area. me and acouple friends hit up the tunnel off 384 in bolton, pretty cool crawling and shades from sun or rain. Lmk when your ready to so some crawlin and see if we can meet up. Thanx Robbob and hopefully see you on June 13th!!!! I gotta get the bowtie out in public.....
Old 05-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #5

Cool didnt think of the only nike site, I used to play paintabll out there. Has anyone tried the old rock quarry in Rocky hill? I would love to go to norwich I am just afraid my old jeep wont make it she is starting to show her age with over 200k on the clock. I try to keep her close to home incase she gives out.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:27 AM   #6
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar06109 View Post
Has anyone tried the old rock quarry in Rocky hill?

Wheres that at? Public or Private Property?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #7

I believe that is public property. There are hiking trails that lead into it. I used to paintball over there too we parked at the Rocky Hill boat launch and walked in. Aparently the police dont like kids paintballing in there (due to the proximity of the hiking trails) we were asked to pack up and leave, but i dont think there would be too much of a problem with the electric rigs in there.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Default trails

robbob if your thinking what im thinking call me and we'll make a trip of it. sounds like it might b worth a look and its only 20mins away. btw i went up to a 13t pinion on the green machine and much better wheel speed. could almost use another tooth though on the top end. ttyl.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

We're having a GTG at my place in Norwich - maybe a 45 minute drive tomorrow - anytime after 11:30am - Gas grill will be out - plenty of parking

334 Scotland Rd
Norwich Ct, 06360
crawlinghulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Default Rocky Hill

I live in Rocky Hill and in those trails there are some nice spots, but you can actually park a lot closer to the good stuff off of Old Main st. I've been trying to make some comps also but work on the weekends as well. Plus I keep pulling my truck apart and am currently in the process of mounting my dig, fabbing a mount, adding new shocks, and modding my tq3. If I can stop working on the damn thing I might be able to make a comp or 2!
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I'm in Wally world up for crawling anytime week, weekend good by me.
Robbob got my # send me an PM or just post up what's going on I'll try to make it.
Castle Craig in Meriden is awesome. Drive up to the top/castle when it's open let's of good lines to run up there.
ROCKCRUISER is offline   Reply With Quote