Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Connecticut

Notices

Thread: CT Crawl June 3rd Sleeping Giant - ALL WELCOME

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

how did it go? I could go since we had to work on our kitchen and it was raining crazy here.
Custom Trendz Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
how did it go?
It rained and rained some more, and very hard at times. Two out of the four who showed up we're brave enough to venture out onto the wet, slick rocks. I wasn't one of them. Peej410 and fullmodtxt both had custom rigs that performed very well given how bad the conditions were.

When we first got there and sat around waiting for people to show up, the weather looked like it was going to be okay. Then it started to rain and really never stopped.

I'd like to see a GTG happen at Lovers' Leap in New Milford in the near future. Any takers? How about next Sunday, the 11th. The forecast is sunny and 77 degrees.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

sucks to hear that the weather sucked. I might be able to show up next week but IDK i need to get my servo cases and get this thing running w/o problems.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH
It rained and rained some more, and very hard at times. Two out of the four who showed up we're brave enough to venture out onto the wet, slick rocks. I wasn't one of them. Peej410 and fullmodtxt both had custom rigs that performed very well given how bad the conditions were.

When we first got there and sat around waiting for people to show up, the weather looked like it was going to be okay. Then it started to rain and really never stopped.

I'd like to see a GTG happen at Lovers' Leap in New Milford in the near future. Any takers? How about next Sunday, the 11th. The forecast is sunny and 77 degrees.
i should be able to make it, that is if my electrics arent fried hahaha. i havent looked at it yet....
peej410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

any pics?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

I might be able to make it also. Yea any pics?
CoreyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Counting me, we have four people possibly for next Sunday. Using rock-crawler math, we need at least two more people to say they will go to get an actual total of four to show up. I'm just busting stones (bad pun, I know).

I'll bring free copies of the annual RC Monster Trucks magazine (has a big crawler article in it), free 1-year subscriptions to RC Car Action and free RC Car Action hats and stickers to anyone who shows up and crawls. I'd love to see a bunch of people show up. All you have to do it commit ahead of time, so I know what to bring.

In other news, I'm in the middle of watching "King Kong," and boy does this movie stink at times! I actually have to take breaks from this flick to keep from hating the people who made it. At times it's good and even great and then it just gets so freaking dumb. This movie holds the record for most falls off cliffs. So far, the boat captain is the only person, giant ape or dinosaur that hasn't fallen off a f'ing cliff yet. Who okays these scenes?
Old 06-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

well i wont be able to go since its too far its over 69 miles away from me. Any good places to crawl somewhere closer to wethersfield?

Last edited by Custom Trendz Inc.; 06-03-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

im definitely there !!!!!!! hahah ill get the video loaded now, we didnt get much footage because my photographer/videographer (trusty gf) was home being responsible haha.. ill be building a scaler if i can get a tlt kit by the end of the week. ill also be building a trailer for 2-3 rigs

and yes king kong kinda dragged on and was obsurd hahaha. if i build that second crawler or use my maxx shafts i made ill bring a friend to crawl...

Last edited by peej410; 06-03-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:59 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Trendz Inc.
well i wont be able to go since its too far its over 69 miles away from me. Any good places to crawl somewhere closer to wethersfield?
Only you know how far is too far for you, but New Milford should be about 58 miles from Wethersfield (according online map/directions service), and the trip should take about an hour without traffic. If we go early traffic will be better, but will be pretty bad by mid day. On the way, you'll drive right past Xtreme RC Hobbies which is a good hobby store with a decent track. There's also a Hobbytown USA right up the road.

I also have a custom painted (by Zegers) HPI Jeep body that I'll give away.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:05 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Im pretty sure ill be there! with my Brando TLT.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyK
Im pretty sure ill be there! with my Brando TLT.
Sounds good. A good location, a good turnout, and some good weather should make for a great day.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

awesome im excited...
Old 06-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #34
RCC Addict

hell yeah matt ill be there sunday bro. hope i win some free **** im new to this hobby and i dont have much lol. ive been testing out my emaxx today it doesnt run hot anymore with 2 motors so im golden to start crawling.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

yea i want free stuff to! Well really just that jeep body so i have an excuse to build another truck! Any footage yet?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

ive got a little footage not much, ill have the gf make a short vid later tonite