Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Connecticut

Notices

Thread: Scale Course at RCMadness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Default Scale Course at RCMadness

Hey guys I was at RCMadness on Sunday 7/29/18 and watched some of the scaler guys run their rigs. Theyre a great bunch of guys, about 60 people would be my guess.The atmosphere was realy laid back and everybody seemed to be having a good time. The format was simple and fair for everyone and easy to understand. 50 gates and teams of 2 randomly chosen. One guy runs and one guy scores / judges. There was a little confusion about what each point deduction was ie re-position or rollover etc. A short announcement to clear things up and everyone was off and running again. The new course there is awsome. The guy that did the work did a great job on it and ran a good event also. Its still growing, THANKS DAN!!!! I think at one time most of the guys were on course and having a blast. The format worked. There were not a lot of guys sitting around waiting. You did your run and went back to the start and scored your team mate. The course was VERY technical. I guesed a good run would be 150 points and sure enough I think the winner was in the 130 range. Nice run. A lot of guys were in the 250 plus range I believe. Now not being a scaler ( 2.2 MOA and 2.2Shafty) I am somewhat biased to the whole scaler point debate. I would like to see a seperate class like a concours type judging. So seeing there were no points for scale things such as axes, sleeping bags, etc. It was definately a drivers event. There were stock rigs to full blown trail monsters all running the same course. It was my first viewing of a Cross Demon SG4 and I was very impressed with it in its stock form what lines it was pulling. Hmmmm...... mabe this scale thing might be worth looking in to. All in all Dan and the RCMadness staff you pulled this event off in great style, Thanks. We run our 2.2 MOAs on tues night and are always looking for new guys/girls to run. Come check it out, looking is free. Who knows you could be a future comper. too.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2018, 06:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scale Course at RCMadness

Scaling is great. I've been trying to get back into it. I took a hiatus when I got into SBS solid axle monster truck racing.

I prefer not giving point bonuses for scale items. I get the point is to be scale, but everyone has different tastes. I prefer not to overload mine with accessories because I like to have really clean looking machines. An LED light bar, side mirrors, and a driver behind the wheel is what I personally prefer. To me, strategically placing a few scale accessories looks better than just fitting as many as you can in the bed of your scale pickup for the sake of points.

Last edited by chino; 08-03-2018 at 05:53 AM.
chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scale Course at RCMadness

Like you I feel less is more. A couple accessories lights and some patina and I'm good. If the guys want to bling out there rigs with gas cans, sleeping bags, axes, etc, let them have a seperate part of the event like a concours. Now a good driver with a decent rig can compete as a driver.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Scale Course at RCMadness - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMadness rock crawling and scale comps every week. ctsami Competitions 0 02-21-2013 09:58 AM