Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: part #33, output joint, alloy upgrade?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default part #33, output joint, alloy upgrade?

edit: thats alloy upgrade, not allow

after having the CC for less than an hour and some VERY light granny wheelin, its striped out the part #33 "Main Gear Output Joint" stripped all 4 of them.:-(

for a temp fix i took 4 small balls of paper, and put them inside the stub shafts, to push the dog bones further inward into new fresh plastic in the "output joints". seems to work for now. but will need attention soon im sure. is there an alloy upgrade for these?

Cory
TSS
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

yes we all use a oring in there where u have the paper an it works great. would be a good ideal to read some of out treads an you will like your lil cc better
randy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i havent upgraded ny plastic parts on my cc and i have been running it as hard as i can drive train is good. all i broke was the tab off the rear motor. ive narrowed it wth the axial stubbies and hexes. flipped all the hubs side to side and moved the links around in the front to make it paralel to the ground. o yeah and wieghts lots of wieghts. but i do think i wanna make it a lot longer about 2 inchs.
gigercreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

mine is at 10.25 . i no we cant run in the 1.9 class but have built this truck so i can run with the losi to see how it will do.im going to put 1.9 tires on it as soon as i find some
Old 11-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

wat size r the stock losi claws on the rtr i was gonna get some but they seemed tiny. i didnt like the looks of them
Old 11-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i think thay are a 1.9 but u can get 1.9 tires the same size as the cc tires. i like the cc tire if u cut the foam an cut some of the lugs out they work really well. mt cc will go nywhere my ax 10 will
Old 11-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

o i have clipped the s**** out of mine i thought they workd great till i put on some hammers M2 compound with narrowd rims. sooooo much better glad i bought them. im was gonna buy some losi claws but they only had 1 pair. im gonna go buy them nxt week though cuz they r on sale.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

sounds cool i liked my losi tires . i want to try the flat irons out
Old 11-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

i have a cc i need to sell so i can found all this . im looking for a set of berg beadlocks for my ccz
Old 11-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

i think ur gonna need to add alot of wieght for those to be the ticket. i went out today wth some occrawlers for the first time. i couldnt believe how heavy there rigs were ther were all axial ased rigs
Old 11-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

i have 3 oz in each front an 2 in the rears . the breg rims are alum. so that will make it an hev. all togather
Old 11-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

i jst added 2 1/4 ouncz on each axel and oly had 1 1/2 ounces left for the wheels so i have 3/4 ounce on the front gonna try it out tommorrow
Old 11-11-2008, 06:20 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
edit: thats alloy upgrade, not allow

after having the CC for less than an hour and some VERY light granny wheelin, its striped out the part #33 "Main Gear Output Joint" stripped all 4 of them.:-(

for a temp fix i took 4 small balls of paper, and put them inside the stub shafts, to push the dog bones further inward into new fresh plastic in the "output joints". seems to work for now. but will need attention soon im sure. is there an alloy upgrade for these?

Cory
TSS
Cory, look at the chit chat thread you started, seriously though, the part you and i need will be available in steel in dec. according to tower hobbies, http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVFJ1&P=Z , if you haven't already i would also upgrade the diff internal gears, i have but i am waiting on the steel main so i can go back to 8 cells and my jrh motors
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #14
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i know, im like wtf happened to my topic? lol thanks for some actual info! ill have to pick those up.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Even with the metal joints I recommend you install an o-ring out at the wheel end of the dogbone
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote