Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: newbie with couple questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #1

Default newbie with couple questions

Well I bought a RTR CC It was fun for the first 40 mins till i stripped a gear. I have metal ones on the way. I have read every thread in here and it seems that everyone has been swithching to the puller motors. Is there any cheaper way to minimize the stall? other than weighting the front? I have done that and the stall still drives me nuts. I read something about using bigger gauge wire and wiring in series is that do able with the stock electronics? Like I said Im new to hobbygrade RC. Out of the box to drive mine straight and not go in reverse I had to adjust the trims to the max. Is this normal? Im really looking forward to making this a serious machine I just didn't want to have to but new motors and electronics in it so soon. should have got the artr Thanks any help appreciated
Shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

mine was herting big time in the power department even with 8cell packs. then i got a mamba max and 3c lipos. and the stall is like non existing withe the stock motors
gigercreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I have the colbalt motors and a mamba in mine and I am stapping axles like toothpick, but there is no stall, invest in the CVDs an the metal gears
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote