Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: help... controls are whack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #1

Default help... controls are whack

OK well i bought this for my little brother and it was working fine one minute, and then the next its tweaking out. Randomly going forward and reverse. or sometimes wont go at all. Or when it seems to be working normal its goes then stops then goes and is tweaking.. lol

Ive made sure batts in the radio and the car are all charged(swapped batts in the radio about 4 times too)

And still does this... I turn on the radio, then turn on the vehicle, let it auto set(i wait atleast 10 seconds to make sure its done) and I still get the same tweaking everytime...

Most of the time going foward is smooth, but when reversing its jerky.

any help?
MrGrimxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Mine went out of range once because i forgot to put up the antenna and then it got stuck in reverse but i turned it off and on and its been fine ever since then, but when i try and "crawl" really slow foward it is all jittery, but reverse is fine? I dont know whats going on...
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
Mine went out of range once because i forgot to put up the antenna and then it got stuck in reverse but i turned it off and on and its been fine ever since then, but when i try and "crawl" really slow foward it is all jittery, but reverse is fine? I dont know whats going on...
Mine was like that but then I reversed the Esc>Motor cables(from one motor to the other) and now the reverse is jerky instead of forward..

Must just the crappy duratrax stuff... I knew I should have spent the extra for something good. o well.. my brothers not mine.. hehe.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #4

Make sure your antenna is away from your power servo. Try running it straight up and see what happens...
fasst-novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasst-novak View Post
Make sure your antenna is away from your power servo. Try running it straight up and see what happens...
Changed it to my Blackfoots receiver/radio and works perfect... Its the stock radio.. POS....
this is the receiver/radio were using now. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXASX2**&P=7
Old 03-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I have some traxxas ones laying around ill probably use, thanks for the info on the motor wires, works good now.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
I have some traxxas ones laying around ill probably use, thanks for the info on the motor wires, works good now.
Yeah... brother was playing with it not 5 minutes after i put the better radio in.. flipped it once, and just happened to hit the power switch on the ESC and break that tiny little knob off.. ehh... So I broke out the wire cutters and black tape, so now its in the permanent on position, and just have to plug in and unplug the battery to turn on/off.. I tell yeah.. for 120 bucks this thing sure is alot of work.

O and Knuckle broke.. not sure how, he was crawling and then all of a suddon the tire just went sideways.. was like WTF.. lolz... used some tire glue and she is sticking good now, but im gonna order some new ones on monday... Anyone know of any aftermarket ones around 20 bucks.. the duratrax aluminum ones are 31 on TH

Last edited by MrGrimxX; 03-07-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I broke one of my front knuckles last week also, hit a rock just right . Ordered aluminum ones from tower.
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

yeah- the stock electronics are kinda crappy. I have to have my antenna extended fully just to crawl in the house-or else it is gets all glitchy
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Remember the knuckles are under the stress tech duratrax warranty. I picked up an extra pair and will send any ones I break back. That way the truck isn't down waiting for parts.
brokenb4 is offline   Reply With Quote