Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Wiring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wiring

I just got my mamba max and am wanting to know the best way to wire it? Need to wire it to both motors and would like to still use 2 batteries. Thanks
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I think you need something like that... https://www.tanicpacks.com/product_i...roducts_id=720 And change the males with females and vice-versa for the motor side. Depends what plug's ur using...

IDK, are the motors supposed to run on high volts? And is the stock esc made for high voltage?
If so, then u need a series style adapter/plug for the battery side, and parallel for the motor side ;) Hope this makes some sense....... Get a friend that is good with electronics, so that you don't mess up (i might have made a mistake sooo... that's why u need someone that knows what he's doing :P)
ccbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the confidence. I have been busy and have'nt had a chance to mess with it.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

The mamba max is rated for 12 cells, so wire the batteries in series, and the motors get the full battery voltage (just tested it on mine) so wire the motors in parallel. If you wire the batteries in parallel, you are just increasing the capacity (runtime) and if you wired the motors in series, you would have 14.4 volts across both motors, so if one of them stalled, the other motor would get all the power (the stalled motor would effectively be shorted out) and that could make the clod stall worse. You could also look at it like this: as one motor slows down and gets close to stalling, the lower RPMs cause a lower counter electromotive force, so the ESC sees that motor as effectively having lower resistance, and will therefore get more of the current, reducing the current to the the unstalling motor. This may reduce clod stall. You should definitely wire the batteries in series, and try series and parallel for the motors and see which one works better. I think it will work better with the motors in parallel, but without numbers to plug into equations, there is no way to be sure.
spartacus_nuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus_nuc View Post
The mamba max is rated for 12 cells, so wire the batteries in series, and the motors get the full battery voltage (just tested it on mine) so wire the motors in parallel. If you wire the batteries in parallel, you are just increasing the capacity (runtime) and if you wired the motors in series, you would have 14.4 volts across both motors, so if one of them stalled, the other motor would get all the power (the stalled motor would effectively be shorted out) and that could make the clod stall worse. You could also look at it like this: as one motor slows down and gets close to stalling, the lower RPMs cause a lower counter electromotive force, so the ESC sees that motor as effectively having lower resistance, and will therefore get more of the current, reducing the current to the the unstalling motor. This may reduce clod stall. You should definitely wire the batteries in series, and try series and parallel for the motors and see which one works better. I think it will work better with the motors in parallel, but without numbers to plug into equations, there is no way to be sure.
Thanks for the help. I think I just fried my brain reading the info. I will try it out as soon as I get some time. I think wiring the batteries in series and the motors in parallel is the way to go. I race demo derby cars so I am building a motor for that right now and don't have enough time in the day to do everything I want to do. Thanks Again for the help.