Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Just got my cc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #1

Default Just got my cc

hey guys just got my cc i ordered off ebay, I love the way it looks but I can't figure out how to use my slash's esc for this cc. Each motor has a little yellow connector, can someone please tell me how to wire this motors up to rum off this single 1/10 scale slash esc? thanks -J.c.
BYT.J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

You are going to have to do some cutting and splicing. You will have to splice the wires coming off of the ESC so that you have two hot wires and two grounds. Then you will have to solder connectors onto those that match the connectors on the motors or upgrade to Dean's plugs or something similar.

There are threads in this forum where people have done this. The CC forum isn't very long so I suggest looking through it to get ideas for future mods and to answer other questions you are going to have. That is what I did and it helped a ton when I started tinkering with mine. Good luck!
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Same thing I had to do, though I soldered mine directly to the motor terminals. You can also check the clod and berg sections on wiring diagrams.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #4

Default Thanks

Thanks guys, I have to say Im kinda dissapointed in the cc the turning radius is not good at all and with this single 3500mah 7.2volt batt it doesnt have as much torque as I thought it would:-(
Old 05-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #5

The cc was designed and built to run twin batteries so to unlock its full potential you would need a different esc that can handle 2 batteries but one mod i would do for crawling performance is take off the springs and every thing but the shock body itself it lowers the center or gravity and helps articulation a bit
bar321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Some MFG really needs to step up and make a reasonable, not overpowered, motor for these things that runs 7.4V. I have the banebots on the way but am betting I'll need to up the voltage too.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #7

Yea I am gonna get a esc with two batts, but how come it doesnt steer very well? Is it because it has the AX10 wheels and tires?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #8
RCC Addict

It may be the stock angle of the axle. Stock it has a lot of positive castor, it should have zero or slightly negative. With the stock chassis, the best mod I did was add longer lower links. That leveled out the steering and made a huge difference. It was horrible stock, should fire that duratrax engineer.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #9

Tthat might be it but also less voltage=less volts getting to the servos=less steering.
bar321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
RCC Addict

May depend on the ESC, if it has a good enough BEC. I run a Moped which I think has 3A BEC and I only run one servo.