Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: clod buster body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #1

Default clod buster body

hey i finally am getting around to mounthing a new body on my cliff climber and i chose the clod buster. the main problem i found is that in order to allow the axels to fully articulate the body needs to sit pretty high and it looks odd. what i want to do is narrow the axels so the tires will go under the body and i can lower it to a more normal looking height. so if anyone has any ideas it would help alot.

here it is from the side

here it is to show how the tires are at full articulation

thanks
furiousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I'll be using my CC axles for my clodbuster(K5 Blazer) scaler. You can swap to ax10 stub shafts and shorter hexes to narrow it up. The problem is you will have clearance issues with the links and shocks. I haven't figured out a way around this yet either. I'm only running 1.9s on mine though so it will be easier.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #3

Default clearance issues?

so is the issue with the clearance horizontally between the tire are the shocks and links? and if i switched back to the stock shocks would that help? i think ill try to switch to 1.9's they will probably look better with this truck anyway.

also where can i find the stubb axels?

Last edited by furiousgeorge; 08-09-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

so how did you make the frame cnc or hand cut, and what metels, and thickness
cdw327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Changing the axles isn't really required. You can use something like Tamiya hexes with a bunch of spacers =P That is what I am using right now. Here is a picture with 1.9's. I am also using hex rpm spacers because the wheels rub on my current setup.

Fobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw327 View Post
so how did you make the frame cnc or hand cut, and what metels, and thickness
i had them machined at the shop i work at. and they are anodized blue. i dont really remember all the details but here is my build thread for it.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobby View Post
Changing the axles isn't really required. You can use something like Tamiya hexes with a bunch of spacers =P That is what I am using right now. Here is a picture with 1.9's. I am also using hex rpm spacers because the wheels rub on my current setup.

now you tell me! i just ordered the new axels. i had a gift card for my LHS and i needed to spend it on something so it all works out in the end. id like to see some more pics of your rig if you got em.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

One thing I forgot to say was that the axles stick out pretty far, meaning it will look funky. But with a deep offset wheel it shouldn't be too bad. If you want it to look clean then you are better off with shorter axles

My pic was just to show how narrow it can be with 1.9's and a Clod body. It is not mounted and the wheelbase comes up short.

Here is a quick mock-up and how my CC is currently sitting:

Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Fobby, doesn't look like you have moved any on that build, keep going I want to see that bug running and painted.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Yeah, I need to stop being lazy. Heck, I have an unpainted bronco sitting on my clod (not the one pictured) for over 2 years now!

furiousgeorge, you need 1.9's and drop the body. That will be sharp! I am a firm believer in 1.9's for 1/10 scale use.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #11

yeah dude for sure. i have some 1.9 beadlocks and tires on the way, plus i ordered the shorter axels. i really want the body to be able to be lower because it really looks stupid right now.