Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: New to crawling.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #1

Default New to crawling.

Well after doing alot of looking around i have decided i want to try out crawling. My first question is, do i have to run dual battery packs with the cc or can i just use one 6 cell gp3300 pack? Second, what, in yalls experiences, are the best things to do to the cc right out of the box to make it a better crawler? All help is appreciated.

Jeremy.
gravedigger09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

With only 6-cell, the motors have no torque. They really need the voltage to run well, and even then they aren't that powerful. Some great things to start with are adding weight to the wheels, adding longer lower links to correct the caster, and doing something about the rear steer. Personally I ditched rear steer, but if you keep it then you need to do something about the long extension on the knuckle, too much leverage. I also ran a stronger servo on the front.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #3

I would for sure ditch the rear steer, i ditched the goofy knuckle for a while but what ends up happening is the wheels will end up getting turned in a direction that you dont want them to. I think you can run one battery but you need to do some re wiring.
furiousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Oh yeah, you can run one battery, I did, it just doesn't have any power. That is unless you find the magical 7.2V motor with gobs of torque that we've all been looking for. From what I've read the Holmes cobalt is close, but overshoots the goal with too much power. One other thing I forgot to mention, get a 12T pinion for the front axle, just runs better.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote