Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: My 12" wb CC project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My 12" wb CC project

Well I finished stretching her last night. Wheel Base is right around 12". The way I mounted the shocks (got the shock mount idea from TNCrawler on here) I can move the shock mount up and down to get a different wheelbase. So if 12" is too long I can shorten it up some. I have not had the chance to get her out on the rocks yet we had 116 mm of rain last night.

I will be mounting the body lower then in the pic just have not done it yet. Also I stuck my Wheel King body on there and it looks pretty good.

Links are made from 1/4" brake tube. I cut the links in half and glued them in the brake line. I was going to connect the links together with all thread but there was no need too. The top links are 4 3/4" and bottom is 5" this also fixes the cocked axles. I made the shock mounts from plastic rod ends I had they work pretty good. Have a look at the pics and if you have any questions let me know.

Brian

Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

lookin good bro get that body lowered and it will look sweet
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I really like what you did with the shock mounts, never thought about it. My shocks are currently rubbing on the motors a little when it is flexing hard, Will definitely have to look into doing something similar to yours.
gunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the replies guys

Took it out today in the yard works good nothing much to crawl in the yard so cant wait to get it to the rocks and try her out.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Well I took her out on the rocks today and WOW what a difference from stock. With better tires this thing would be about as good as my modified WK. The only thing that sucks is the cold stall. It has to be driving different then my WK. You have to be a little more aggressive with it but its a blast to drive.

Cost me like $8.00 for the break line and a few hours work and its now quite the beast.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:00 AM   #6

That suspension setup is a really great idea! I'm going to have to work somethin up like that for mine soon! Nice work!
PoorBoyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorBoyCrawler View Post
That suspension setup is a really great idea! I'm going to have to work somethin up like that for mine soon! Nice work!
Thanks. Post up some pics when you do.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #8

Quick question... When you adjust the lower shock mount, doesn't that mess with the "clocking" angle on the axle? Just lookin at your pics some more to start drawin something up and thought that might be an issure, or have you really messed around with that at all yet?
PoorBoyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorBoyCrawler View Post
Quick question... When you adjust the lower shock mount, doesn't that mess with the "clocking" angle on the axle? Just lookin at your pics some more to start drawin something up and thought that might be an issure, or have you really messed around with that at all yet?
Did not really notice if it changed the clocking but I don't think it will. It only moves a little and changes the wheel base some so if it did affect the clocking it would not be noticeable.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #10

Hey with the Bake line and the link ends what kind of glue did you use to hold it in there
cvona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I used 5 min epoxy it worked great.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:14 AM   #12

Thanks i will try it
cvona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Your Welcome!!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Hey, can you elaborate a little bit more on what you used for the shock mounts on the links? I was going to use brakeline u clamps with rubber in them but this looks alot cleaner, I'm just not sure what you used here. Thanks
PS, lookin good!!
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote