Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Yay, tuning/testing is fun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yay, tuning/testing is fun

I finally got a whole lot of time to play with the CC today... I need to get some weights in the front, and a bit to balence out the rear... I took the springs off to try droop, and it did signifigantly better, so I need to get some longer shocks, thinking of the HR air shocks... Going to prolly get some proline wheels and tires. Overall the crawler is getting better and better.

I am running a Mamba Micro Pro ESC, 3 cell Lipo, Traxxas TQ3 and only a 130oz servo... but I am almost able to cral as well as my friends axial crawler now... just need weights, tires/wheels and shocks
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default wheels...offsets

wheels. when i put the banebots in there i had to move my suspension links to the outside on the axle mounts. then my tires would rub on the links & shocks, i also lost alot of stearing throw. i bought the proline 8shooters and the offset was too deep. +offset. i look around everywhere for a cheap set of wheels- $40-50 bucks. finally found the rc4wd rockrippers. work perfectly. i recommend them to all cliffclimber owners.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I tried adding weight by strapping a small rock to the front axle, it worked great, but then the weight bias was off, and the rear end wanted to do it's own thing, so weighted wheels fron and back, with the backs being a bit lighter. The weight really helped it though... I'm thinking that when I add the weight though, it may finally be time to swap in the steel gears.
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote