Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: about motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default about motors

hey guys i have duratrax cliff climber and venom creeper and i thinking aboute make my cliff climber to a foff
and i need to know if you know what 380 size motor will be good to dunes with the speed and the power
and i need brushed one(i need 2 motors)
theclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

plees guys i need help
and do you know if there is forum for rc foff?
theclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

This is better suited for the CC forum.

I think there are some robotics motors that work well, and I carry the Puller 454's that will bolt up with some mods.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #4

Does anyone here try to use losi mini rock crawler stock motor? I think the size is same with cc motor.
Ibobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
dnf

have you done much reading in this forum yet?

check out past build threads like this one for helpfull info

This thread is a real pleasure to read
~TSS~ Cliff Climber Comp Rig
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibobz View Post
Does anyone here try to use losi mini rock crawler stock motor? I think the size is same with cc motor.
Losi mini motor size 370 - shaft 2 mm
Cliff climber size 380 - shaft 2,3 mm

for the Losi You can use this one

http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-26a.html
Toy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Sorry I lost -

and for the Cliff Climber You use the Holmes 454 Puller, of course
Toy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I wouldn't suggest the MPI motor for the losi. The startup is horrible and jumpy.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #9

i got banebots 395s. Cheap and powerful. Stripped rear idler in about 5 minutes. The 395s are brutal and powerful. Aint gonna have no clod-stall with these. Pull the trigger and the wheels will turn. I run two 7.2v 2/3a cell packs and a EVX esc. I am still working out the links situation. Ppl crap on the cliffy, but im havin fun with it!
spawnconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

395's & volts is all you need...well then'll start destroying stuff!

395's and voltage in a cliffy is like a big block and dana 44's: snap-crackle-pop!

keep alot of spare parts!

i built mine to hang with my buddies rigs-bullies, ax10's, rs10's etc. she did real well. was fun for awhile, just kept breaking stuff-ring & pinions twisting axles.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #11

Ya my axles are twisted a little. I guess the idler stripped before the axle twisted completely. Have you tried to use different dogbones to see if there are some tougher ones that can be used?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I am admittedly new to rock crawling and new to these Cliff Climbers. I just acquired one, that was thrown in as a bonus, in another trade and have began working with it a little. I have locked out the rear axles and have it set to run just front steer, and made some simple custom links and steering link mods, so this motor search has me very interested.

Please do not think I am trying to act, or sound like I know anything at all. I am merely looking at the responses and considering the possibilities.

I looked at the banebots website and see that their RS380's run at 7.2v and since I already have some small frame 2 cell lipo that fit well into the slender stock frame, it seems like a good choice...BUT, I don't see a lot of support here for running lower voltage? Is the lower volts just not enough grunt to run the duel motors?

It seems like those of you running these CC's with the higher volt Holmes and Bot motors are just breaking stuff left and right. This leads me to believe that if the lower volt motors will work well, without destroying the drive line, they may be a better choice for this rig?

Has anyone tried the BB rs380's? Or the Duratrax replacement motor choices of the 8500 0r 11000?

BTW those Holmes motors look fantastic! I may be trying one out on a Creeper or an Axial soon enough!
Rockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #13

Ive not tried lower voltage on mine (with the banebots) but may do so soon. As it is now, the EVX esc is too jumpy and doesnt ease on the power slow enough so Im thinking of trying a different esc. Another esc probably wont be able to handle all them volts like the EVX does so I will be finding out about the lower voltage thing.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnconnery View Post
Ive not tried lower voltage on mine (with the banebots) but may do so soon. As it is now, the EVX esc is too jumpy and doesnt ease on the power slow enough so Im thinking of trying a different esc. Another esc probably wont be able to handle all them volts like the EVX does so I will be finding out about the lower voltage thing.
Please keep us updated to any changes, especially about the lower volt motors. I may get them before you do? who knows, but if I do get them first I too will be sure to post my progress...or lack of, which ever the case may be! I plan on using either my mamba sidewinder or my Tekin BR-1 esc, so I will be sure to let ya know how they work as well.
Rockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote