Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Dumb question time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Talking Dumb question time

I bought a CC when Tower were selling them out at $50 and it's sat in a cupboard since.

So, I've been searching around but can't find a definitive answer to my #1 question about this: Are the motors intended to run on 7.2 or 14.4 volts?... I.E., does the ESC in the RTR version sire the bat's in series or parallel?

Being a ARTR version, there is no mention of the electronics in the manual, and I'm getting hints from people's discussions in here but nothing actual.
Badmuthatrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I dont know their specs. But I ran mine on 3s and the motors seemed warm but nothing I would worry about.. 14.4v might get them hot..

sitting in the cupboard seems like a great place for these axles they dont break there
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Slops.

Yeah, I've owned Duratrax before and I not expecting much from this either (hence waiting for them to be cleared out for $50). I just fell in love with the itty bitty Bronco body
Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 AM   #4

Im running mine with 2 7.2v battery packs (14.4volts) using an EVX esc and it seems to work fine, though, Im thinking of getting another esc that can power 2 motors and is made for crawling. I have banebots motors and with the EVX, startup is pretty jumpy. I have stripped one gear so far in the rear, but I was driving it stupidly when that happened. With a crawling esc and the banebots motors, this truck should crawl nice and slow and smooth with nothing left to do but tune on the chassis and suspension. I dont think it can handle being a "racer"; I have a brushless Rusty that could just jump the rocks if I want to go fast.

Oh, I dont have one, but I think the stock esc is wired with 2 battery connectors for 2 packs. So as far as whether in series or parallel, I dont know.

Last edited by spawnconnery; 02-10-2011 at 05:50 AM.
spawnconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

CC run two batteries that each run diff stuff one runs the motors (esc) and the other pwrs the servos and reciever...I THINK! but i do know the run seprate stuff. NOT 14.4 volts!
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

correcting myself!! this morning while looking at my sons CC, right there on TOP of the ESC it reads "dual battery 14.4v/18v! havent put a meter on it yet but i will tonight and settle this! lol
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #8

I think you misunderstood me. I dont have the stock Duratrax CC esc. I have an EVX esc that I am using. It is not the one that comes with the CC. It was made by Novak for Traxxas to power the Emaxx monster truck. It puts out 14.4 volts when both battery packs are hooked up to it. It was designed to use two full C size 7.2 volt battery packs to feed two 540 size motors in order to yank a big heavy 4x4 1/10 scale monster truck around like it was a stadium truck. From what I know, the esc that comes with the RTR CC is a much lighter duty esc. I have no idea about the voltage from one tho. I do know that they have two battery connectors and two motor connectors. I would be interested to know how much voltage it puts out though. People say they are crappy, but I wonder if they are really that bad.
spawnconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I'm running the stock motors with a Mamba Micro on 3s Lipos
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote