Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Brushlees

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Brushlees

Hi I was wondering what brushless system would work best for a duratrax cliff climber

Thanks
Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

for one you would need 2 brushless systems and by the time you get 2 that work well in a crawler (mongoose systems) you will have more in 1 system than the cliff climber costs new. it would be best to go with some banebot motors first
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:02 AM   #3

if you look at hobby partz you can find some resonable elctronics for brushless. oyu could get away with a couple of there 25 amp escs which are right at 20 dollars then two of there tacon 380 motors would set you back eleven piece. however you might not be satisfied with the torque or ehat handling of the tacons. if you look at there alpha series outrunners the blue ones and do some nesuring to ensure you line up the proper mounting hole spacing. youd probly have excellent results with the 400 series outrunner. i run the alpha 400 980 kv on the 18 amp escs on my losi moa and love them decent wheel speed and gobs of torque. also never run the slightest bit warm. also while your there pick up a 3s lipo and chrger if you dont already have one. id say all together for a couple batteries motors and esc your sitting at maybe 100.00 add a lipo charger and 150.00
jereosbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #4

ofcourse that being said the novak m2 dig esc is only like 119.00 right now and you could just hook it up and run 3 cell and probly get all the performance you want. my buddy runs his challenger the newer chinese cliffclimber that way and it runs great .
jereosbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

youd probly have excellent results with the 400 series outrunner.

That's right - I also drive outrunners on two Quark 22 with enough power and fine smooth
Toy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #6

I run two banebots and a Traxxas Emaxx EVX esc with 2 1800 mah 2/3a 6 cell stick batteries and have too much power. Im actulally thinking of buying a different esc dedicated to crawling to possibly get more low speed control.

Also, pretty amazing that this new thread has been posted with several posts on it and none of them bashing the cliffy. Lets hope it lasts. I love my cliffy and ripping on it is so overdone.
spawnconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
trx
Rock Stacker

I also have a c/c that my boy runs, It still has the stock motors but i put a evx and two 1550 2s lipos in it. It works ok but i have to get different motors for it. Still has a little clod stall.
trx is offline   Reply With Quote