Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: TTX300 programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TTX300 programming

I recently purchased a TTX300 transmitter & receiver for a spare vehicle. The directions says it will work with 3 position switches for a winch. My problem is that I can program it but I can't get it to start in the neutral position. It always wants to start letting the line out when I first power it up. I can see this working fine for a 2 speed trans but I can not get it to work with my hey ok 3 position winch controller. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2015, 09:28 PM   #2

Default Re: TTX300 programming

I just got my winch and HeyOK controller today and was trying to program it with my TTX300 and I'm having the same problem. I did see a video that says the TTX300 uses 1 as the default even though the manual says 2 is the default. Hopefully there's a solution.
ddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:03 PM   #3

I think I figured it out. Try reversing the wires to the winch. That seams to have fixed it for me.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #4

You might have tried this already but have you turned on your controller first then truck with no input from transmitter the esc might max out servo till its gets signal.
srivera00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #5

Apparently my solution didn't actually work. Sometimes when I turn it on it starts to reel in and other times it doesn't. Not sure what the deal is.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input, I am going to call tech support in the morning & see if I can get this resolved. I think there should be a neutral position for default, then top button should be position 2, bottom button should be position 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #7

Let us know what you find out.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:55 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil View Post
Let us know what you find out.
I sure will! I'll be calling in the morning.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:10 AM   #9

Try reversing the wires to the winch.
ffreyonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #10

This worked on mine and this was what I got from hobbico support hope this helps.
Stock scx10 radio and controlling a winch

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
sdbjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Well after a lengthy discussion with tech-support it seems that the error is in the programming of the radio. The technician went and got a radio, receiver & servo. He was trying to program it to work the way a three position would work and every time he would powered down the receiver and re-energize it it would always go back to the high position by default. He could not figure out a way to change it. He feels that it is in the programming of the radio itself and cannot be changed.

This is not that big a deal at least upon powering up the receiver the winch spools out versus spooling in. So once you stop it it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2015, 10:39 PM   #12

Mudbeast2,

Thank you for reporting back what tech support said.

I've been trying to decide if I should get a wired or wireless controller for my Warn winch to use with my Tatic TTX300. After reading your post while I was at my local hobby shop I bought the wireless controller.

I also picked up a male to male servo extension cable and plugged it into CH-3 on my receiver and into the wirelessly controller for the winch power. That way I did not need to tap into the battery connector to power the winch.

Jon...
Jon_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

At the end of the day I still love my GT3C hacked radio. I just wanted some of my rigs to have their own radio for back up reasons.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #14

Post Re: TTX300 programming

hello, this is the way i get my 3 racing winch working with the ttx300:
first, program the third channel as 3 position following the instructions in the manual. you can find a pair of videos on youtube, one of these fron the axial website. both are tutorials to operate a servo in 3 position mode -left, neutral, right- but is the same for a winch.
in fact, the best way to program the ttx300 third channel is to unplug you servo from the first channel and connect it to the third channel of your receiver, turn on your car, then your transmitter in program mode and program the 3 positions mode following the above mentioned instructions. after that you can turn off your car and transmitter, an then turn on again in the correct order and check it works fine. it will start in the most left (or right) position and change to neutral after pressing the low (or up) button, and so. if all is fine you can turn all off, unplug your servo from channel 3 to channel 1 and plug your winch on channel 3.
the problem is that when you turn on your transmitter and your car, the first signal your winch controller will receive is turn left (or right), so your winch will start to load or unload the wire and you will have to hurry up to push your low or up button or you are in troubles. and unfortunately there is no way to solve this problem programming first the neutral position and then the left an right ones, when you restart your transmitter it will start always on the left (or right) position.
but there is a simple way to avoid this problem. before you start your system for first time, unroll your winch wire a feet or two, then turn on your transmitter and your car, the winch will start to load or unload the wire an you will need to push the low or up button of your third channel transmitter to stop it. take note the button that has stopped it. then, turn off your car and transmitter. next time -and every time-, after you turn on your transmitter, and before you turn on your car , push the button that previously stopped the winch. that way you are sending the signal "go to neutral" before the winch controller activates so it will start and immediately go to "neutral". i got my winch controller wired to the battery but i think it will work in other configurations.
jjjjzz is offline   Reply With Quote

TTX300 programming - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tatic ttx300 Dixon11 Axial SCX-10 4 07-03-2015 12:46 PM
Programming nascar820 Axial Yeti 8 10-29-2014 11:07 PM
programming.. resetpunk Electronics 4 01-04-2009 08:30 PM