Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: amp draw of 55t lathe motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #1

Cool amp draw of 55t lathe motor

Hey everyone. new here and new to crawling bu been rcing for many years. anyways ive got an axial scorpion with stock gearing and an integy matrix pro lathe 55t motor. does anyone know the approx amperage this will pull so i know what lipos i can use?
gamer550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I run a crawlmax 50t and 55t and I has 3s 8c lipo's they seem to be fine for me some like alittle more
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

take a voltmeter, disconnect one side of the motors lead, take your voltmeter and touch it to the motor where the lead was on, take the other voltmeter lead and connect it to the lead that was soldered on the motor. Which would make the voltmeter in series, switch your volt meter to AMPS, you will probably have to move your lead on the voltmeter, and if your voltmeter can hold 30amps or more, then you can measure it. otherwise, you could smoke it. Or take your voltmeter, touch the positive lead to the motors positive side, and the negative lead to the motors negative side, put your lead on voltage,measure the voltage drop, then you should have enough info to figure out current draw using OHMS law. did I confuse you.
CrawlerNOklahom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:50 AM   #4

thanks brushlessnut, was hoping an 8c or 10 c lipo would be ok those can be gotten cheap. 8c 1250 MAh 7.4v for $13. no CrawlerNOklahom you did not confuse but i would like to know the draw while pulling the truck over rocks not in free spin. also my ammeter will not take 30 amps. do you really think a 55t will draw near that?
gamer550 is offline   Reply With Quote