Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Servo Saver HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2005, 06:42 PM   #1

Default Servo Saver HELP!

Ok,

Heres my scenario..
I am running a TXT, with 3300mah batteries (whatever that means), super rooster, and GWS Servo's: S06/2BBMG, (about 100oz of torque @ 4.8v?)

How many volts would i be running with the batteries im using? for some reason i have the number 7.2 in the back of my mind... would this be right?
I ask this because my steering seems to be very slow, and the wheels hardly seem to get much turn unless the car is moving/wheels are rolling...

It has Kimbourough 124 servo savers. would these be a problem? would i need these with metal geared 100oz servos? if not where are they/what do they look like and how do i remove them? (very newbie questions, i know...)
dee201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
RCC Addict

ok the number 3300mah tells you how much capacity a battery has and yes they are 7.2v with 6 cells. get rid of the plastic servo savers. get metal. i had the same problem and i switched to metal and now the truck turns on any surface without moving. im not sure where you can find the metals ones for that kind of servo. if you switch to hightech servos you can find the servo savers for them all over and probably at you lhs(local hobby store)
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:39 PM   #3

does anyone else have metal servo savers?

i thought that a servo was sposed to break before the servo? what would be the benefit of metal savers? wouldnt i just run no savers.

where are they. inside the servo?
dee201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:14 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

he's talking about no savers,just an alum arm.from the part #'s of your servo it has metal gears and bearing.alot of dedicated crawlers don't use saver's.if your rig gets any speed savers are needed.yes,the purpose of the saver is to protect the servo from harm,so running with out runs a risk that if you don't hit a bump it'll be ok
SPEED_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:13 PM   #5
RCC Addict

if you do ask everyone will say that they run without savers. its nice not to have them cause if youre in a really tight area you need to be able to turn on a dime.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:28 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

servo savers just lowers teh chance of the servo puching it self past limitations, wather that be radius, locking, what ever else thus saving the servo. alum arms and just an arm. they dont benifit from the normal plastic 1 accept theyr shiney, and stronger. you can turn quicker but you might f*ck up your sh*t on a regular basis instead of once in a while
AQTHF BIATCH is offline   Reply With Quote